Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ugh, yet another plane I'll be buying! :)

Comment

Originally posted by wvrailfan View Post
      Will there be alternative decals as with the A-10? Any chance one might be the 153rd Blue Tail Flies?
      Two waterslide decal sets are also included, depicting a US Navy A-4 from VA-22 and a US Marines A-4 from VMA-311. Fly these with pride, or personalize with another livery of your choosing! From "Top Gun" to the US Navy Blue Angels, to hard working Vietnam attackers, to dissimilar training aircraft or any from a host of foreign operators, the Freewing A-4 will look good in any livery you can think of and will reward modelers wanting to customize their model even further with scale details.

Taken from the description above.

Comment

that's one thing I love...and hate about the A4 , so many liverys to choose from..thats gonna be tough.
        www.TSHobbies.com
        Hobby Paint racks and acrylic display stands for collectibles.

Comment

Alpha indicated in the intro post of this thread that it is grass capable.
          Tony's a great pilot but unfortunately you have him testing off tarmac.
          Can you undeniably convince me and other turf guys that this bird is also for us with a vid of grass operations. ;)
          Warbird Charlie
          HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post

Two waterslide decal sets are also included, depicting a US Navy A-4 from VA-22 and a US Marines A-4 from VMA-311. Fly these with pride, or personalize with another livery of your choosing! From "Top Gun" to the US Navy Blue Angels, to hard working Vietnam attackers, to dissimilar training aircraft or any from a host of foreign operators, the Freewing A-4 will look good in any livery you can think of and will reward modelers wanting to customize their model even further with scale details.

Taken from the description above.
            Darn, completely missed that. I wonder if it is too late for me to ask for my money back on that speed reading course;-)

Callie is going to be busy.

Comment

nose leg looks like its tarmac only or very short grass anything longer I think it would suffer

Comment

You guys are killing me!! Holy crap!!! When is the next event down in so cal? I may have to make a trip out there to see this.... And I am totally down to do some testing if you need me to!! hint hint....
                Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
                I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

Oh god... Just when I had convinced myself I was not going to get anything else this year.

Comment

Hell yeah! ARF PLUS for me baby! She's gonna need some more power to get up and go!

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha10 View Post
                      Hell yeah! ARF PLUS for me baby! She's gonna need some more power to get up and go!
                      You looking at a HET 700-68 2100 kV in the JF80? Looks like a good set up for it.

Comment

Originally posted by gooniac33 View Post
                        You guys are killing me!! Holy crap!!! When is the next event down in so cal? I may have to make a trip out there to see this.... And I am totally down to do some testing if you need me to!! hint hint....
                        You don't need to make THAT far of a drive to see, and even fly, the new A4 Ray! ;)

Comment

Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post

You looking at a HET 700-68 2100 kV in the JF80? Looks like a good set up for it.
                          I'm gonna keep it as light as possible and try the 2085 setup and then an ultralite 12b setup... See what she likes better.

The weight penalty doesn't net much in the end going with the 2100, just shorter flight times.

Plus, the 2085 always sounds better for some reason... It's strange.

Comment

Originally posted by Plastic_Aviator View Post
                            Oh god... Just when I had convinced myself I was not going to get anything else this year.
                            Yeah, I did the same. Have kinda gone crazy with plane purchases the past 8 months, but this is one that I've been waiting for for a long time now, so it's a must buy. Can't wait for the pre-order to open up!
                            Pat

Comment

maybe the F-4 PHANTOM next with same power setup. I would buy two, one just for display and one to fly. On my bucket list Alpha please hurry. haha

Comment

Originally posted by BIG JETS JOE View Post
                                maybe the F-4 PHANTOM next with same power setup. I would buy two, one just for display and one to fly. On my bucket list Alpha please hurry. haha
                                Now that would be badass! 80 or 90mm!

Comment

Originally posted by jay bennett View Post
                                  nose leg looks like its tarmac only or very short grass anything longer I think it would suffer
                                  From description on first page.

"The Freewing 80mm A-4E/F Skyhawk features all new fold-and-twist retracts, with durable aluminum trailing link struts all around for confident operation on rough runways and short grass. A slight nose high AoA further aids short, controlled takeoffs from grass fields, with or without flaps....."

Comment

Finally we can talk about this! Yet another extremely well designed version of a complete badass comes to market. We just received ours and will be working it up as well. Capt Mike will be releasing the build this week more than likely. Bajora, great work! The Marines scheme looks fantastic. I love these 80mm jets disguised as 90's. These present large but have a better wingloading because of it. We'll do our best to show this off of grass as well. Those concerned about grass should check out the clever wood blocking done by one of our forum members on the Avanti thread.

Magnetic avionics hump I mean come on! How cool is that?

Comment

GUYS......YOU ARE KILLING ME!!!!! Why was this a secret?!? I just spent good money on an LX kit and freewing parts to have one of these....I mean literally have all the parts new in the bags/boxes haven't even looked at putting it together and NOW THIS!!!! Killing me. :Angry::Sick2:
                                      Models current and qualified on!: Freewing; 90mm F-16, 80mm Mig-21, A-4, F-14, F-5, L-39, P-51 / Flexinnovation flexjet / HSD; 105mm F-16 / Flightline 1600mm Spitfire, B-24 / FMS; P-40b, F4U Corsair, Beaver (painted as an Army U-6), /Eflite; Carbon Z T-28, V900, P2 Prometheus, Pitts S1, umx Pitts, Champ, umx B-17, and a bunch of other small bits and bobs from hobbyking.

Comment

Alpha or Tony, what other Freewing jet do you think it most closely resembles in it's flight envelpe?

Comment

Originally posted by racerx600rr View Post
                                          GUYS......YOU ARE KILLING ME!!!!! Why was this a secret?!? I just spent good money on an LX kit and freewing parts to have one of these....I mean literally have all the parts new in the bags/boxes haven't even looked at putting it together and NOW THIS!!!! Killing me. :Angry::Sick2:
                                          You should've known Freewing was going to come through for us... They always do!

There are a few that just HAVE to be done over time... This, an F4, big F22, updated 90mm F-18, a Rafale.... Did I mention a Rafale? :)

Comment

Working...
                                          X