Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird? I can see the image.

Comment

• If the pictures are linked it could be that I don't have access to the source.

Comment

• D - Here's the image. By the way, Evelyn were in Iowa back in June attending the Sig R/C Fly-In. Flew into Des Moines and fell in love with the area and the people! It's now on my list of potential retirement locations.

Comment

• Originally posted by xplaneguy View Post
          D - Here's the image. By the way, Evelyn were in Iowa back in June attending the Sig R/C Fly-In. Flew into Des Moines and fell in love with the area and the people! It's now on my list of potential retirement locations.
          Love the pic. Wish I'd have known you were so close, I'd have come and said hi! Yes, please retire here and I can be your picture taking guy (that way I can see the new cool stuff). :)

Comment

• We're planning to return to the Sig event next year, so I'll touch base before we arrive. It would be great to meet and fly with you. I still have 9 years until early retirement and doubt the new stuff will follow us to the Midwest....unless I build a guest house for Alpha near the new home runway! :)

Flying and evaluating these products has been a privilege but...it's even better when you get to geek out with a dear friend who is just as passionate. I will miss that! Thankfully, there's still many years of fun to come.

Comment

• Originally posted by xplaneguy View Post
              D - Here's the image. By the way, Evelyn were in Iowa back in June attending the Sig R/C Fly-In. Flew into Des Moines and fell in love with the area and the people! It's now on my list of potential retirement locations.
              LOL! Yeah, 350 days of awesome weather in Iowa! Key word there is "June".

Comment

• Yeah...key word is "potential! :) I do love the 350 days of awesome California weather...but the "other stuff" is a downer!! ;)

Comment

• I hear ya. I loved growing up in Washington State. Beautiful country and the weather wasn't bad on the east side of the Cascades. But, like California it's now way over regulated...

Comment

• Hmmm...IOWA... Sounds good to me :)
                    Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
                    Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

• Evelyn and I were so impressed with the great folks of Iowa. Of course, we've been hearing about the winter weather, but I plan to do a lot more model building in my later years. I miss building with balsa and have plenty of projects waiting.

Comment

• Doesn't Star Fleet have a Starship construction site in Iowa?

Comment

• Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	181.2 KB ID:	89532
                          Here's a pic to help us get back on topic. ;)

Comment

• This was what I made my BVM A-4 to look like back around 1980. I am torn between doing it again or doing a Blue Angels.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170726_183850.jpg
Views:	714
Size:	63.3 KB
ID:	89535

Comment

• Originally posted by Beeg View Post
                              Doesn't Star Fleet have a Starship construction site in Iowa?
                              Riverside Iowa, future birth place of Captain Kirk.

Comment

• A-4 timeline. Thought someone might appreciate this.
                                Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

• This letter fell out of the Osprey A-4 book. The book use to be owned by my distant cousin Ed Heinemann. It is a letter explaining situational training for all factory pilots. Sage advice and amazing that very few had the training.
                                  Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

• Very cool Adam! I love Skyhawk history. Below is a painting from my dear friend Aviation Artist Craig Kodera, created for my Air Force Retirement. It depicts the Douglas XA4D-1 (Ship 1) flying over Rogers Dry Lake. Craig has the amazing talent of painting metal. The photo just doesn't do his work justice.

Comment

• Has anyone commissioned Callie for the Blue Angels graphics?

Sean

Comment

• I already asked if she has done them for others and she said yes so getting them in the proper size should not be a problem.

Comment

• Tony, don't know if this has been asked but looking at the size of this model could a 90mm be stuffed in there?

Comment

Working...
                                          X