X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On the prowl...

Click image for larger version  Name:	_DSC8237.JPG Views:	2 Size:	46.4 KB ID:	89103

Target acquired...

Click image for larger version  Name:	MULTIJETS 5-27-17 206.JPG Views:	1 Size:	39.0 KB ID:	89104

Ground attack low...

Click image for larger version  Name:	_DSC8271.JPG Views:	1 Size:	103.2 KB ID:	89105

Pull up!

Click image for larger version  Name:	_DSC8250.JPG Views:	1 Size:	31.6 KB ID:	89107

Flying clean, juking a SAM

Click image for larger version  Name:	_DSC8226.JPG Views:	1 Size:	29.2 KB ID:	89108

Back home and happy

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20170601_175713.jpg Views:	1 Size:	129.7 KB ID:	89109
    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Skyhawks Rule!!!

Comment

Got a few questions for those who have one or are in the know. What size are the main wheels? For those interested in brakes. How much does it weigh ready to fly and what was the heaviest it was flown at in testing? If that can be disclosed. For those interested in mods. Is the BEC built in to the ESC or external? I would figure it is internal. Is the wing solid foam vs. built up like the A-10? I assume solid. Just curious. Any lights?

Comment

I am absolutely overjoyed by this!! I have been asking for an A-4 for quite a while!

Alpha...you and your team are the best. I have said on many occasion I'm not a "fanboy" of any company...and that I wanted all RC companies to do well as that was better for us all. Fast forward to this morning when I saw the teaser video and learned of the A-4. I had to do some reflecting and be honest with myself. I have my all time favorite plane...in the size I wanted for a long time and asked for...the Spitfire...arriving tomorrow at my door...a big, beautiful 1600mm Spitfire. Why? Alpha and MRC. In my hanger is my favorite twin of all time...a perfect P-38. Why? Alpha and MRC. There is also a Bearcat that isn't another damn Rare Bear in there...which I asked for for a while. Why? Yep...Alpha and MRC. Not to mention the 1200mm Spitfire I wanted for so long...why...ok I'm wearing that out but you guys get it.:Cool:And now my favorite jet!

So here I am after a day of reflection...fully admitting in open forum that I AM A MRC FANBOY. How can I not be?? You guys listen. You get them right. You get great folks like Tony and Evelyn and Ryan and Mike to bring us so much quality, informative content. There is really no other company that I anticipate seeing what they'll do next more than you guys. You are the best. Period. Thanks for being the best and giving me many reasons to become something I never anticipated becoming. A Fanboy. All of a sudden the term seems ok...funny how that works.

My love for the A-4 comes from the first person in my life I ever considered a hero. My brother Howard. He is 20 years older than me and I remember sitting in the cockpit of his A-4 at NAS Pensacola one time as a kid. He flew the A-4M for Marine squadron VMA-331 The "Bumblebees" and flew with several squadrons in the training command as an instructor in the TA-4 in both Pensacola and Cherry Point NC. He loved the Scooter and after a long career flying for Delta he retired and doesn't fly anymore. I ask him from time to time if he misses flying...he always reply's "Not really, but if they'd let me have a go at a Scooter I'd do that." Well, little bro will soon get to fly his own Scooter. Can't wait to show him.

Thanks Alpha.

Adam
          Big time propeller head
          Love flying scale and 3D
          Currently building a GP SE5A

Comment

Here is a great story that actually took place that I know of someone taking an A-4 for a joyride.

The Tale Of When A Marine Mechanic Stole An A-4 Skyhawk For A Joyride Over California

In the early morning hours on July 4th, 1986, 21-year-old Lance Corporal Howard A. Foote Jr. climbed a ladder leading into the cockpit of an A-4M Skyhawk. He started the jet up, taxied to one of Marine Corps Air Station El Toro’s runways—which was unlit at the time—and pushed the throttles forward. Moments later, the…

Comment

Stop posting this stuff or I'll have to buy one of these as well. :)

And hear hear adam. Couldn't agree more.

Comment

For those worried about the tall nose strut, it's actually the same length from the ground to the retract plate as the Avanti... reputed grass king... so. I wonder if because much if the strut is exposed under the fuse that to the eye it appears significantly longer, but in reality, it's not. It's the same total length as the Avanti.

In terms of wheel size, the A-4's wheels are the tallest of all Freewing's 80mm jet's wheels, and in fact the A-4's wheels are taller than the big F-14, MiG-21, 90mm F-16, 90mm F-15, 90mm F-18, 90mm Venom, etc...

A-4 = 50x15 Nose and 65x17 Mains

By comparison, most of our big 80 and 90 jet's wheels are slightly smaller: nose is 45x15 and 60x17 or so on most aircraft mentioned above...

If any of you are operating the aforementioned aircraft on your grass, by these numbers the Scooter really shouldn't be massively less capable.

Last edited by Alpha; Jul 25, 2017, 12:03 AM.

Comment

Thanks, Starck Mad, that's very generously kind of you! I'll pass along your accolades to our team. I'm just one part of a large body of people committed to making this hobby a little more fun, and to inciting a little more stress in our relationships with our significant others. :)

Comment

Gotta say, Totally Stoked! Trying to figure out how to finagle "2" of these!! I must echo the above! MY FAVORITE AIRCRAFT!
                    Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

Love these factory Pics!
                      Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

Wow, please put a pre-order up so you can take my money!

Comment

In for ARF PLUS preorder! :)

Comment

Speed brakes?
                            AMA 1102566

Comment

Originally posted by xplaneguy View Post
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	184.5 KB
ID:	89058Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	136.6 KB
ID:	89059Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	96.5 KB
ID:	89060Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	116.2 KB
ID:	89061Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	220.7 KB
ID:	89062 More photos for you guys!
                              Now if we could just get a Blue Angel scheme it would be a no brainer for me!! LOL
                              Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
                              I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

No speed brakes unless you install yourself. Alpha mentioned that in the first post. The prototype equipped with them had no flight enhancement provided by them.
                                Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

I doubt they will offer a Blue Angels scheme. Dark gloss colored schemes are avoided as much as possible with EPO models for the obvious sun, heat, alligator skin issues. I would think if FLRC ever produced a P-61 they would most likely offer it in the OD day scheme. Could you imagine a gloss black or dark gloss blue EPO model out in the sun for more than 5 minutes?
                                  They could offer it in the flat blue colors like the F7F or F8F but then people would complain it's not a glossy show plane.

Comment

Those inflight photos by Bajora and others are making this model hard to resist...great work guys and thanks for bringing to market this awesome jet. Looking forward to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Beeg View Post
                                      I doubt they will offer a Blue Angels scheme. Dark gloss colored schemes are avoided as much as possible with EPO models for the obvious sun, heat, alligator skin issues. I would think if FLRC ever produced a P-61 they would most likely offer it in the OD day scheme. Could you imagine a gloss black or dark gloss blue EPO model out in the sun for more than 5 minutes?
                                      They could offer it in the flat blue colors like the F7F or F8F but then people would complain it's not a glossy show plane.
                                      Yeah I know... but I still may have to do it if I get the plane. A good thick coat of primer and then the blue paint should work pretty good to keep it from gatoring. but who knows... I may just want to do the scheme from top gun as the aggressor scheme!
                                      I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

I hear ya. I really like the Israeli schemes. There's also some "adversary" schemes that are similar that are pretty cool too. I wonder if the ground based A-4's during Vietnam were ever painted in the SEA scheme?

Comment

• Originally posted by xplaneguy View Post
                                          Of course....we can't forget the ultimate "Hollywood" Skyhawk! Another classic from 1986.
                                          I remember tearing that whole scene apart as a kid.... So many things not accurate but it was still really cool to see! When I get this plane I will be doing that scheme for sure... I Love the F-5 Aggressor schemes!! This one will fit right in with it...

Comment

Working...
                                          X