X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ron1950 View Post
    I went on the net looking for a Navy version paint wise that was really cool and coldnt find one I liked lol guess the bonny dick with a hump will have to do, a friend on the bony dick took a cold cat shot in a S2 ... said they all were trying to get the upper hatch off before they even hit the water
    I think you missed the part where they said the hump will be easily removable. Also you can't compare a Freewing version over anything else just for the sake of having a preferred paint version.
    You can easily repaint a plane but it is impossible to bring some other model to the same level of quality and performance as a Freewing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mark.MotionRC View Post

Depending on demand we will consider making a Blue Angels version. The initial launch will be the standard grey color scheme with US Navy and US Marine decal sets.
      I'll take a Blue Angel...saw them perform in the early-80s at Norfolk NAS when I was a kid. Ahhh...memories.

Thanks,

Sean

Comment

• No Blue Angel's for me. I have enough dark blue models that are hard to keep oriented let alone a small EDF.

Comment

• I also got to see the Blue Angels flying the A-4 from the mid 70s unit it was replaced with the F-18. I wonder if this plane would make a good 2nd or 3rd EDF?

Comment

• Originally posted by Beeg View Post
            No Blue Angel's for me. I have enough dark blue models that are hard to keep oriented let alone a small EDF.
            I suggest you try installing a light kit on your dark colored planes to help with the visibility and orientation. A full light kit such as the GT Power kit offered by Motion RC is very useful.
            I have found it easier to tell the orientation of my plane at dusk with the lights than during the day time. My buddy was also able to fly further away at night with confidence than in the day just because he can more easily spot it and tell in what direction its going.
            The trick is to install the white strobe lights on the tip of the wings facing rear wards so when the plane is flying away from you, only the white blinking lights and the tail light are seen. Then when its flying towards you only the solid white lights and the green and red navigation lights on the leading edge corners of the wing tips can be seen.

Comment

• LOL! That's an idea but I only fly my models VFR Day only.

Comment

• Bring it!

Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
                Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
                I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• I will probably have to get two if a Blue Angels model is produced. Definitely not going to wait for it.
                  Also it would be nice to see a video of grass field operation before the preorder page comes up. I only have access to grass fields. My Avanti and A-10 have no problem getting airborne at our field, but the nose wheel on the A-4 looks kind of small. Not seeing it fly from grass makes me a little gun shy on clicking the preorder button.

Comment

• I had a Midwest A-4 Skyhawk many years ago that used an .049 and a Kress impeller, never did get it to fly. I'm thinking this is headed for my hangar.

Comment

• Originally posted by TomPatton View Post
                      I will probably have to get two if a Blue Angels model is produced. Definitely not going to wait for it.
                      Also it would be nice to see a video of grass field operation before the preorder page comes up. I only have access to grass fields. My Avanti and A-10 have no problem getting airborne at our field, but the nose wheel on the A-4 looks kind of small. Not seeing it fly from grass makes me a little gun shy on clicking the preorder button.
                      Pilot Ryan said earlier in the thread that he'd get some grass ops video for us........hopeful to have my gun shy anxiety of that nose removed also.
                      Warbird Charlie
                      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
                        For those worried about the tall nose strut, it's actually the same length from the ground to the retract plate as the Avanti... reputed grass king... so. I wonder if because much if the strut is exposed under the fuse that to the eye it appears significantly longer, but in reality, it's not. It's the same total length as the Avanti.

In terms of wheel size, the A-4's wheels are the tallest of all Freewing's 80mm jet's wheels, and in fact the A-4's wheels are taller than the big F-14, MiG-21, 90mm F-16, 90mm F-15, 90mm F-18, 90mm Venom, etc...

A-4 = 50x15 Nose and 65x17 Mains

By comparison, most of our big 80 and 90 jet's wheels are slightly smaller: nose is 45x15 and 60x17 or so on most aircraft mentioned above...

If any of you are operating the aforementioned aircraft on your grass, by these numbers the Scooter really shouldn't be massively less capable.
                        The proof is definitely in the pudding so a grass opps video would be a good thing but based on what Alpha stated here it really shouldn't be an issue it would seem.

Comment

• If the pre-order on the ARF+ is delayed I would just order the PNP and fly it stock in order to have something to compare a motor mod to anyway. It looks like it flies reasonably well stock and I know that Alpha is pretty good about hitting the right balance of fan/motor for a given plane. He doesn't just make a decision on what to use without some pretty extensive testing...

Comment

Depending on demand we will consider making a Blue Angels version. The initial launch will be the standard grey color scheme with US Navy and US Marine decal sets.
                            Man... That'd be A W E S O M E ! ! !

I'd buy a second one in the Blue Angels scheme in a heartbeat! SUCH an amazing look on the A4!

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
                              For those worried about the tall nose strut, it's actually the same length from the ground to the retract plate as the Avanti... reputed grass king... so. I wonder if because much if the strut is exposed under the fuse that to the eye it appears significantly longer, but in reality, it's not. It's the same total length as the Avanti.

In terms of wheel size, the A-4's wheels are the tallest of all Freewing's 80mm jet's wheels, and in fact the A-4's wheels are taller than the big F-14, MiG-21, 90mm F-16, 90mm F-15, 90mm F-18, 90mm Venom, etc...

A-4 = 50x15 Nose and 65x17 Mains

By comparison, most of our big 80 and 90 jet's wheels are slightly smaller: nose is 45x15 and 60x17 or so on most aircraft mentioned above...

If any of you are operating the aforementioned aircraft on your grass, by these numbers the Scooter really shouldn't be massively less capable.
                              Holy smoke Alpha, how could you exclude the A-10 :Confused:
                              It is the one with the tallest............nose - 70x20mm and main - 85x26 ;)

I gotta let Ryan's coming vid of grass ops be the pudding proof to dispel my concern.
                              Warbird Charlie
                              HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• So what is the pricing looking like? Sorry if it has been mentioned but I don't see it anywhere
                                Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
                                I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• Yea.... I admit it.. I would buy two as well. Space is becoming an issue. 1st world problems right! :-)
                                  Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

Mark, if you did then I might me more inclined to do my 'Green Knights' for the PNP first to satisfy the warbird lover in me (yes, it is a warbird) and then order the ARF+ BA for a motor/fan mod because I really, really, really ultimately want a Blue Angels A-4 which next to the A-10 is only my second favorite plane. I would definitely be all over a BA version if it was available as I would much rather go with one already to go than having to make it myself but if it isn't going to happen relatively soon I will just go ahead and make it myself anyway. Either way MRC gets the revenue. It just takes me a little longer to get my beloved BA A-4. :)

Comment

• Originally posted by gooniac33 View Post
                                      So what is the pricing looking like? Sorry if it has been mentioned but I don't see it anywhere
                                      It's not been mentioned yet Ray so you haven't missed it.

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post

It's not been mentioned yet Ray so you haven't missed it.
                                        I really like the whole "Preorder discount" notion and hope they keep that trend going on this one...

Pretty cool for us guys that want it right off the boat.

I'm crossing fingers for Avanti/Mig21 pricing on this one... but we'll see!

Comment

• Grass ops ? Yes, a must know for me too. Pricing ? Mig-21/ Avant S also okay. I'll just take a tater and wait.
                                          Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
                                          Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
                                          I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

Working...
                                          X