Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Freewing 80mm A-4E/F Skyhawk Thread

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by quitcherbitchen View Post
    No speed brakes unless you install yourself. Alpha mentioned that in the first post. The prototype equipped with them had no flight enhancement provided by them.
    Sorry I read the post on my phone at 5am and logged in on pc to reply. Can anyone comment on flight envelope more? I am a 4th year pilot and 2nd year edf flyer. I have the FW f86 and I must have 100 flights on the frame. I was looking to add a 2nd EDF to my lineup at the end of summer. IT was between the t45 and a10 but wondering how this flies in the hands of somewhat newer edf pilots. I thought about the mig 21 as well.
    AMA 1102566

Comment

• I definitely see one of these in my future. :) Looks like a pretty sweet representation of the scooter!

Chris
      http://thercgeek.com
      http://youtube.com/thercgeek

Comment

• Alpha says it flies much like the Mig-21.

Comment

• Hey RC Jet Dude.... what is the setting in the Squawk ... to list your hanger as you have done at the bottom of your post....

Currently flying - Freewing 80mm F-86 & Mig-21, Stinger 90 on 8S, Twin 80mm A-10, Twin 90mm A-10 on 5S; FMS 1700mm F-4U Corsair & Fox 2320mm glider; Eflight 1200mm Spitfire Mk XIV & Rare Bear on 6S; Twisted Hobbies Crack Laser, Clik v2
          RIP - Freewing 90mm F-16, 80mm Super Scorpion, F-5 & 64mm A-10; LX A-10; Hobby King 105mm J-10 (The Zombie!)
          Coming soon - Freewing 80mm A-4. Woohoo!
          Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Originally posted by The RC Geek View Post
            I definitely see one of these in my future. :) Looks like a pretty sweet representation of the scooter!

Chris
            Let me know when you get the custom gear doors 3D printed! I'm in for a set!

Comment

• Originally posted by e4dragongunner View Post
              Hey RC Jet Dude.... what is the setting in the Squawk ... to list your hanger as you have done at the bottom of your post....

Currently flying - Freewing 80mm F-86 & Mig-21, Stinger 90 on 8S, Twin 80mm A-10, Twin 90mm A-10 on 5S; FMS 1700mm F-4U Corsair & Fox 2320mm glider; Eflight 1200mm Spitfire Mk XIV & Rare Bear on 6S; Twisted Hobbies Crack Laser, Clik v2
              RIP - Freewing 90mm F-16, 80mm Super Scorpion, F-5 & 64mm A-10; LX A-10; Hobby King 105mm J-10 (The Zombie!)
              My Profile>Edit Settings>Account. Edit Post Signature is under your account. :Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by e4dragongunner View Post
                Hey RC Jet Dude.... what is the setting in the Squawk ... to list your hanger as you have done at the bottom of your post....

1. Click on your username in the upper right of the page
                2. Click user settings
                3. Click the Account tab
                4. scroll down to the "Conversation Detail Options"
                5. click "Edit Post Signature"

Comment

• Many Many Thanks!!!
                  Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• I have to say I am definitely in for a Scooter too! Now I have to figure out which plane in the hanger has to go to make room for it. As long as it handles our grass field like the Mig-21 then I will be in heaven. I just gave away my Yellow AC A-4 with OS.77 tuned pipe to my buddy that was gathering dust in my garage over the years. This will be so much easier to fly, and no clean up like the Nitro powered one :-)
                    Again the hardest part will be deciding on which scheme. I anticipate that Callie will be busy again

Comment

• Hopefully the ARF PLUS will be available for preorder along with the PNP for us modders! :)

Comment

• +1 Alpha 10 !
                        Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
                        Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
                        I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	174.0 KB ID:	89337Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	215.7 KB ID:	89338Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	106.4 KB ID:	89339

Here's a few more images of this super cool Skyhawk! I'm thrilled to see another Vietnam era warbird produced. Thanks to the team for honoring our veterans and their historic aircraft.

Comment

• Gorgeous! Outangling that 15lb monster HARD haha!

Comment

• Originally posted by Beeg View Post
                              I doubt they will offer a Blue Angels scheme. Dark gloss colored schemes are avoided as much as possible with EPO models for the obvious sun, heat, alligator skin issues. I would think if FLRC ever produced a P-61 they would most likely offer it in the OD day scheme. Could you imagine a gloss black or dark gloss blue EPO model out in the sun for more than 5 minutes?
                              They could offer it in the flat blue colors like the F7F or F8F but then people would complain it's not a glossy show plane.
                              I painted my T-45 in a Gloss Navy Blue in a "Blue Angels" scheme. She sat out in front of my tent at Joe Nall for 8 days, half the day in the sun, when the canopy didn't provide cover. She is still still as pretty as when I first painted her.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kloverzero View Post

I painted my T-45 in a Gloss Navy Blue in a "Blue Angels" scheme. She sat out in front of my tent at Joe Nall for 8 days, half the day in the sun, when the canopy didn't provide cover. She is still still as pretty as when I first painted her.
                                That's encouraging news. Did you just paint over the existing paint or strip and prep? Any special paint or primers?
                                I sanded, primed and repainted one of my Bearcats in a darker Navy Blue color than stock version and I haven't had any trouble with gatoring yet either. Don't know if it's the undercoat, paint or overcoat but when I hear of others having disasters in the sun it makes me wonder what the differences are.
                                Maybe the ones having trouble are using some sort of solvent based paint or topcoat and it hasn't finished off gassing before being exposed to the sun and heat causing a reaction?

Comment

• this is COOL

Comment

• I want to know.... how long it will be until I am not on favorable terms with my better half!!

Comment

• A-4 coming in low over the ridge!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bajora View Post
                                        A-4 coming in low over the ridge!

That's sick....

Comment

• How much is that Doggie in the window?

Comment

Working...
                                          X