First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LOL!! And so, it begins...... ;-)

Comment

• Originally posted by Beeg View Post
      Tony, don't know if this has been asked but looking at the size of this model could a 90mm be stuffed in there?
      I'm sure the exhaust would be a major restriction unless you could hog all that out nicely as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by xplaneguy View Post
        Very cool Adam! I love Skyhawk history. Below is a painting from my dear friend Aviation Artist Craig Kodera, created for my Air Force Retirement. It depicts the Douglas XA4D-1 (Ship 1) flying over Rogers Dry Lake. Craig has the amazing talent of painting metal. The photo just doesn't do his work justice.
        Was that painting based on a photo? Very nice and a great tribute to a remarkable plane.
        Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by xplaneguy View Post
          Another classic!
          I remember growing up seeing the Blue Angels as the A-4s while at the Moffett NAS airshows back in the days. I could see them fly from my house when they practiced and would go to the shows as well. I was never able to see the Thunderbirds as T-38s but kinda wish I had! Same with them both being the F-4s.... that would have been amazing I am sure!! When I get this A-4 I think that the Agressors from the Top Gun days will suit it just fine!
          Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
          I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• Originally posted by gooniac33 View Post

I remember growing up seeing the Blue Angels as the A-4s while at the Moffett NAS airshows back in the days. I could see them fly from my house when they practiced and would go to the shows as well. I was never able to see the Thunderbirds as T-38s but kinda wish I had! Same with them both being the F-4s.... that would have been amazing I am sure!! When I get this A-4 I think that the Agressors from the Top Gun days will suit it just fine!
            yeah, the BA A-4s were the best! I remember seeing them fly at airshows and then when the switched over from A-4s to the F-18 being disappointed. The A-4s were so much more graceful and nimble in the air compared to the 18s. Nothing lasts forever I guess. They'll be flying F-18E's here pretty soon.

Chris
            http://thercgeek.com
            http://youtube.com/thercgeek

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
              Most of our test pilots are flying their CG at the position shown with my fingertip. The manual being posted this week on the product page will recommend this position. I like a small amount of up trim, as shown, when flying with the ordnance. Thanks to Xplaneguy and some of our more intrepid pilots to test the tail-heavy range of this delta-winged aircraft... not for the faint of heart!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170601_161537.jpg
Views:	5014
Size:	106.7 KB
ID:	88881

Name:	IMG_20170601_161623.jpg
Views:	4954
Size:	112.9 KB
ID:	88879

Name:	IMG_20170601_174257.jpg
Views:	4954
Size:	85.1 KB
ID:	88880
              Looks like she could use the nose weight... 8s JF might be a nice option on this one. Hmm....

Comment

• Nose weight not required. She flies great with the Admiral 6S 5000 pack about 1/2 to 3/4 in back from the forward plug plate. Plenty of room larger packs as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by quitcherbitchen View Post

Was that painting based on a photo? Very nice and a great tribute to a remarkable plane.
                  It believe the aircraft view was based on a photo and the background was his idea.

Comment

• I have some good news and bad news. The good news is the first batch of A4 PNP are completed and ready to ship. The bad news is the A4 ARF+ has not been completed and will ship later. I apologize to the guys waiting on the ARF+. Looks like it will be 2-4 weeks behind the A4 PNP.

Comment

• Thanks for the update Tom. Any chance there is a Blue Angles scheme coming?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom.MotionRC View Post
                        I have some good news and bad news. The good news is the first batch of A4 PNP are completed and ready to ship. The bad news is the A4 ARF+ has not been completed and will ship later. I apologize to the guys waiting on the ARF+. Looks like it will be 2-4 weeks behind the A4 PNP.
                        Damn... Well, that gives me time to build this E-Flite F4. Sounds good!

Comment

• Tom - Thanks for the update.

Comment

• I'm fine with that. Can stay focused on continuing to wring out the A-10 and it also gives me time to sell a few things so I can afford to buy it.
                            Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
                            Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
                            I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• Thanks for the update. Will the A4 arrive in the UK at the same time as the US?
                              Currently Fly: Durafly Spitfire MkVb, Eflite P47 1100mm, Parkzone FW190A-8, Parkzone SE5a, Dynam Tiger Moth, Eleven Hobby Bearcat, Parkzone Mosquito MKVI, Durafly Tundra
                              Unflyable: Durafly Sea Vixen, Parkzone T28 (In temporary storage in tree)
                              Retired: Hobbyzone Delta Ray 'Frankenplane'
                              Wanted: Freewing A4

Comment

• Re B/A decals from Callie. She has done two sizes for me and they were superb. MY problem was finding B/A blue and gold paint to match her decals ! Model Masters has it.

Comment

• Here's a cool video to get you guys fired up, a little more. :)

Comment

• Great Planes - The A-4 Skyhawk

Comment

• Originally posted by dkalwishky View Post
                                      Thanks for the update Tom. Any chance there is a Blue Angles scheme coming?
                                      Depending on demand we will consider making a Blue Angels version. The initial launch will be the standard grey color scheme with US Navy and US Marine decal sets.

Comment

• I went on the net looking for a Navy version paint wise that was really cool and coldnt find one I liked lol guess the bonny dick with a hump will have to do, a friend on the bony dick took a cold cat shot in a S2 ... said they all were trying to get the upper hatch off before they even hit the water

Comment

• Originally posted by Mark.MotionRC View Post

Depending on demand we will consider making a Blue Angels version. The initial launch will be the standard grey color scheme with US Navy and US Marine decal sets.
                                          Count me as one vote for the Blues then!
                                          Models current and qualified on!: Freewing; 90mm F-16, 80mm Mig-21, A-4, F-14, F-5, L-39, P-51 / Flexinnovation flexjet / HSD; 105mm F-16 / Flightline 1600mm Spitfire, B-24 / FMS; P-40b, F4U Corsair, Beaver (painted as an Army U-6), /Eflite; Carbon Z T-28, V900, P2 Prometheus, Pitts S1, umx Pitts, Champ, umx B-17, and a bunch of other small bits and bobs from hobbyking.

Comment

Working...
                                          X