Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well Dang! I was hoping you might give us a comment or three Vic but it's all good.

Comment

Hehehe, plenty more to come. Don't you worry!

Comment

Originally posted by AceMigKiller View Post

Check out the intakes, split flaps, landing gear (set to as close to a scale stance as possible), tail hook, etc. All little things that help set this this Skyhawk *at least* one step above other models in it's class.

Vic
        hey theres a cool idea for those with short runways... hookup a servo and reinforce that hook somehow ,run you a rope across the field and see if you can snag the wire lol
        www.TSHobbies.com
        Hobby Paint racks and acrylic display stands for collectibles.

Comment

Originally posted by TSHobbies View Post

hey theres a cool idea for those with short runways... hookup a servo and reinforce that hook somehow ,run you a rope across the field and see if you can snag the wire lol
          A few of us thought about that for the F-14 but couldn't figure out how to beef up the structure without ripping the tail off. F-14 is just too heavy.
          But! The A-4 may be able to run some cables from a metal hook, through the fuselage into the wings and out to the main gear?! Might just rip everything loose though. Would be fun to try!

Comment

Originally posted by Evoman View Post
            Since you still have the parts in the bags you could just try returning them and selling the your A-4 as is to recoup some money.
            I would try that if I could. I'm military and currently deployed and will be unable to be around the products for another two months. I've owned the parts for just over three months so I don't think that will work with the time frame for a return. As far as the Lx Airframe, Freewings products are so good and inexpensive, I'm not sure anyone would even want the LX (at least not at any price that would get close to what I spent on it.) Truthfully I'm stoked about this A-4. I would just prefer they had done a release the same way they did the 1600mm spitfire. As soon as I heard about it, I knew nothing else would touch it and so I patiently waited. But like I said, I'm super excited Freewing did this jet. I just have to do more leg work to sell parts and spend a little more than I would have.

Models current and qualified on!: Freewing; 90mm F-16, 80mm Mig-21, A-4, F-14, F-5, L-39, P-51 / Flexinnovation flexjet / HSD; 105mm F-16 / Flightline 1600mm Spitfire, B-24 / FMS; P-40b, F4U Corsair, Beaver (painted as an Army U-6), /Eflite; Carbon Z T-28, V900, P2 Prometheus, Pitts S1, umx Pitts, Champ, umx B-17, and a bunch of other small bits and bobs from hobbyking.

Comment

Originally posted by racerx600rr View Post
              I would try that if I could. I'm military and currently deployed and will be unable to be around the products for another two months. I've owned the parts for just over three months so I don't think that will work with the time frame for a return. As far as the Lx Airframe, Freewings products are so good and inexpensive, I'm not sure anyone would even want the LX (at least not at any price that would get close to what I spent on it.) Truthfully I'm stoked about this A-4. I would just prefer they had done a release the same way they did the 1600mm spitfire. As soon as I heard about it, I knew nothing else would touch it and so I patiently waited. But like I said, I'm super excited Freewing did this jet. I just have to do more leg work to sell parts and spend a little more than I would have.
              List the aftermarket parts and see if anyone is interested :).

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	184.5 KB
ID:	89058Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	136.6 KB
ID:	89059Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	96.5 KB
ID:	89060Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	116.2 KB
ID:	89061Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	220.7 KB
ID:	89062 More photos for you guys!

Comment

Originally posted by T-CAT View Post

List the aftermarket parts and see if anyone is interested :).
                  Look out for a list in about two months LOL:Cool:
                  Models current and qualified on!: Freewing; 90mm F-16, 80mm Mig-21, A-4, F-14, F-5, L-39, P-51 / Flexinnovation flexjet / HSD; 105mm F-16 / Flightline 1600mm Spitfire, B-24 / FMS; P-40b, F4U Corsair, Beaver (painted as an Army U-6), /Eflite; Carbon Z T-28, V900, P2 Prometheus, Pitts S1, umx Pitts, Champ, umx B-17, and a bunch of other small bits and bobs from hobbyking.

Comment

Look at that scooter dwarfing the tomcat!!!LOL Awesome!

Comment

I grew up with the Blue Angels flying the A-4 Skyhawk during the 70's & 80's and fell in love with this iconic Douglas jet. So...when the Van Halen "Dreams" music video premiered on MTV in 1986, the final year the Blues flew the Skyhawk...I recorded it on VHS. I watched that video so much that eventually the VCR ate the tape.

Comment

Originally posted by xplaneguy View Post
                        I grew up with the Blue Angels flying the A-4 Skyhawk during the 70's & 80's and fell in love with this iconic Douglas jet. So...when the Van Halen "Dreams" music video premiered on MTV in 1986, the final year the Blues flew the Skyhawk...I recorded it on VHS. I watched that video so much that eventually the VCR ate the tape.
                        I am the same way. They did a show in my home town one year, probably around 1980. When they came town the day before the event they were flying all over the place to stir up excitement. One of them flew just above a row of trees behind my parents house. It was so awesome! That show prompted me to get a BVM ducted fan A-4 which took me a year to build. When that video came out I think it brought a tear to my eyes. I always preferred the A-4 because of it.

Comment

Very cool. I also remember when they flew the phantom. In 1970, a guy lands his phantom gear up at a show in Iowa. Heard he was sent to Nam after that incident.
                          Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
                          Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
                          I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

I just watched it and did it again :Crying2:

Comment

Originally posted by xplaneguy View Post
                              Oh yeah! Skyhawk Blue Angels were always a favorite. The show they used to put on at Sea Fair over Lake Washington in Seattle during the Hydroplane races were some of the best they ever did.

Comment

The formation landing did bring a tear to my eye, along with the last time I saw the Blues fly the Skyhawk at Lake Charles, LA in 86, which also was the last year the Army Golden Knights flew the C-7 Caribou. Ahhhh....the good ole days!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1600 (2).JPG
Views:	774
Size:	150.5 KB
ID:	89082Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1596 (2).JPG
Views:	776
Size:	137.1 KB
ID:	89083

A Freewing gathering.
                                  Last edited by xplaneguy; Jul 24, 2017, 08:49 PM. Reason: A Freewing gathering.

Comment

Comment

Such amazing videos! Thanks for sharing these. I love how all of us aviation enthusiasts have memories we hold dear that are aircraft related.

Comment

Of course....we can't forget the ultimate "Hollywood" Skyhawk! Another classic from 1986.

Comment

Skyhawk wins!

Comment

Working...
                                          X