Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice!!! Where are you flying? I am in North Texas!!! LOL Willow Park, west of Fort Worth.... I see NDRCC on the building. Just guessing. Is that the North Dallas Radio Control Club?

Comment

• You guessed correctly (pretty easy guess though). Been a member of NDRCC for about 6 years now. Great field, about a 25 minute drive from my house.
      Will you be going to the Warbird event at Grapevine on the 7th?
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Warbirds over Grapevine.PNG
Views:	479
Size:	368.0 KB
ID:	98188

I am going to try to make it, depends on weather mostly... Hopefully we can both make it!

Comment

• Roger that! I am going to pre-register today! Thanks for responding! A-4 looks great! :-)

Comment

• My buddy Steve put a few flights on his A-4 at the Sarasota Silent Fliers facility this morning. I shot video of his 2nd flight today (3rd flight total)

My YouTube Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrz...4Q-xrOOtP2C-8w

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post
            :)
            LOL... Damn autocorrect / proof read failure ;)
            You got me! Did correct my post. No comments on the body of the post, or are you more interested in finding typos in others' posts?

Comment

• Originally posted by davegee View Post

You got me! Did correct my post. No comments on the body of the post, or are you more interested in finding typos in others' posts?
              No comment......just thought that the cat to shark was funny. If I wanted to find errors in others posts.........I'd be on here 24/7 ;)
              Warbird Charlie
              HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Two sucessful maiden flights today of the A4’s and an A10 in the middle ,just because it is a bad *ss fighter ! American muscle and firepower at its best !

Comment

• Bluesking / Hardway,
                  We're going to have a blast with Pilot Ryan and Captain Mike. Andy from rcjetwerx will be there. Elmer from edfhobbies said he's coming too. I'll have my A-4 and A-10 there. One thing is certain: You won't walk away hungry !

Bravo Zulu !

Hawk
                  Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
                  Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
                  I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• I've got tell you guys of my little misadventure yesterday afternoon! I was flying my Skyhawk from a short smooth grass field (short grass and 250' runway). It handled the grass very nicely, absolutely no problem taking off and of course with the way the jet slows down before touchdown landings were very easy. But I made a BIG mistake on my first flight.

This field is next to a cornfield and for 20' around the edge of the runway it's freshly plowed (so the corn isn't right next to the runway). On my first flight, when I came in for my landing I did a rather poor job judging the distance to the edge. I was too close to the side, and when I flared and came in low just before touchdown (floating in high-alpha configuration) the jet drifted off the runway and over the plowed part. At the last second I realized my mistake and went to full power (attempted wave-off)... but, it didn't have time to recover and went down. Full power right into the dirt!

And it was not smooth dirt, this was very heavily furrowed dirt with great big clods and mounds and "gutters" about 6-8 inches deep. A nightmare scenario!
                    I "landed" parallel to the furrows and the jet travelled about three feet. I couldn't see the gear and so I figured it had just ripped the gear right out. Not a good demo in front of my friends!

Now you should realize that in past misadventures I've ripped the entire nose off my ME262 and ripped the nose gear clean off my 90mm F104 just landing a little hard on a paved runway.

Landing in a plowed field with a foamie is generally not a good thing.

Well time for the "walk of shame".... I went to retrieve the plane and imagine my surprise when I picked it up and found no damage to the gear! I mean, NO damage! Just some dirt on the bottom of the nose (I did dent that little chin stub in front and lost the tiny antenna, which will be easy to replace of course) but the landing gear... it wasn't damaged! It was dirty, but it was just perfect. I checked everything and flew three more times. Happily, the next three landings were nearly perfect (I love the way this plane lands).

Now obviously, you probably can't expect a similar performance if your jet lands in a plowed field, but I was really impressed. I mean, I should have simply ripped out all three LG completely.
                    Shaking my head in amazement.... I mean it was really amazing. I'm very happy that I don't need to make any repairs to the gear today. I just need a damp washcloth to clean off the dust!

How's that for a story!
                    --Marc
                    Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Maiden complete! 5 good flights with no surprises. Great plane and I appreciate the plastic wingtips. ;) Now, back to continuing the repaint.

Comment

• Originally posted by vduniec View Post
                        Maiden complete! 5 good flights with no surprises. Great plane and I appreciate the plastic wingtips. ;) Now, back to continuing the repaint.
                        Wow great looking nose gear. How about some details?

Comment

• Pricey!!! But cool.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Originally posted by e4dragongunner View Post
                            Pricey!!! But cool.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                            Waiting for them to get it perfected and available without a 6 month pre order. It will follow something like that 3D bird a lot better than it will a jet zipping past at 100 mph
                            My YouTube Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrz...4Q-xrOOtP2C-8w

Comment

• That video was about the 2, I thought the new 3 was the one that was supposed to have a faster follow rate and wider field of recording (something like 185°)? I know a few people that have been on the waiting list for the 3 for many months now, with endless delays.

But yeah, if they can perfect it, they will make a bunch of money.
                              Pat

Comment

• Apologies, stand down, All above confirmed. Many unhappy people waiting. There was a thing called Jigabot AIME. but that seems to have died as well. Alas. its a cool Idea! :Confused:
                                Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Lets get back to that nose gear detail question! :-)
                                  vduniec what you got?

Comment

• Components:
                                    FW 90mm T-45 nose gear support arm
                                    Sheet styrene
                                    Soda straw
                                    Carbon fiber tube (or styrene tube)
                                    Foam board

I cut the T-45 nose gear support arm just past the hinge point and epoxied the cf tube to it. The length of the cf tube was just long enough to not fall out of the fuselage when the gear is retracted. I also put a small piece of cf inside the fuselage for the cf tube to ride on as it's moving during retraction. When the gear extends, the cf tube just moves up into the empty space in the fuselage. Tape the servo wires in the fuselage to the sides so they don't interfere with its movement.

The gear door is a piece of styrene cut to shape and glued to the fuselage at the back end. A section of soda straw is attached to the door with a piece of foam board as a spacer.

That's about it. Its a variation on something someone posted in RCG, but in a simpler form.

Here's a link to it in operation:

Originally posted by EA-6B Geek View Post
                                    Wow great looking nose gear. How about some details?

Comment

• Vduniec, thanks for the video. Great stuff!

There are some amazing modelers on this thread!

Maiden complete on my A-4 earlier today. Flew great. Just needs a little more up trim mix with the flaps down.

Comment

• Another successful flight today. Better mix of up elevator with flap extension makes a big difference. Slows down like a real A-4! It's a little hard to see for an old guy like me. I'm going to try it with the drop tanks and see if it that makes it easier. Have any of you found that there is a big CG change after installing them?

Comment

• No not a big change. But you will notice a little change. Actually I like the looks of the hump and the tanks. So if the air is calm, I will fly with both. But if it's windy, I prefer a clean ship.
                                          Just preference. Try not to drag her in too nose-high with tanks on or you will lose them on the runway.
                                          Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

Working...
                                          X