X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Boots Whirlygig View Post

I have the 3530-1750kv 12B unit. The 9 blade rotor will not work because the motor shaft is 6mm too long and so the spinner can’t seat. The 1900kv motor has the shorter shaft required.
    Thanks Boots, good to know. :Cool:

Comment

• Here's my repaint. It's a Topgun aggressor painted to simulate the appearance of a MIG-17. Some simple mods were done to reflect the actual aircraft. Decals by Callie Graphics.

Comment

• Originally posted by vduniec View Post
        Here's my repaint. It's a Topgun aggressor painted to simulate the appearance of a MIG-17. Some simple mods were done to reflect the actual aircraft. Decals by Callie Graphics.
        Very unique, really nice work!
        TiredIron Aviation
        Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Here's my repaint. It's a Topgun aggressor painted to simulate the appearance of a MIG-17. Some simple mods were done to reflect the actual aircraft. Decals by Callie Graphics.
          Outstanding!

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post

Thanks Boots, good to know. :Cool:
            The 3530-1850kv (A-4) and 3530-1900kv (A-10) both have the 22mm motor shaft while the others using the big composite 12B rotor uses a 28mm shaft. The new A-4 12B rotor and A-10 9B rotors are interchangeable.

Comment

• We got a couple flights in last weekend with a good mix of jets. The A-4 was in the mix as well. Here are the videos...

Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
              I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

Very nice! And loaded with a TACS pod no less! Amazing modelers on this site.

Comment

• Hey Ray,

How did the A4 compare the rest of the squadron ?
                  Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
                  Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
                  I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• Originally posted by dahawk View Post
                    Hey Ray,

How did the A4 compare the rest of the squadron ?
                    It is a quick and nimble plane! It flies great! It is still pretty new to the guys at my field and they are fiddling with getting the right CG for it. Its mainly for their own preference. We will hopefully be doing more Vietnam era flights again this weekend. It is fun having them all in the air together...
                    Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
                    I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• I have the bendy thing up front now. :)
                      Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
                        I have the bendy thing up front now. :)
                        Looks good Pat. How did you bend it?

Comment

• Heat gun. Low heat, rotated constantly until the probe sagged, then bent carefully by hand.
                          Pat

Comment

• Thanks Pat,
                            My new probe should be here on Monday.

Hawk
                            Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39

Comment

• Originally posted by Boots Whirlygig View Post

The 3530-1850kv (A-4) and 3530-1900kv (A-10) both have the 22mm motor shaft while the others using the big composite 12B rotor uses a 28mm shaft. The new A-4 12B rotor and A-10 9B rotors are interchangeable.
                              Boots,
                              I do have a 1820kv inrunner. It has a 21.5mm shaft but uses an adaptor. Comes from the Mig-21. Problem is it's a 3558. I also have a 3530 1800kv out runner. Think I can MacGyver something?

Comment

• Originally posted by dahawk View Post

Boots,
                                I do have a 1820kv inrunner. It has a 21.5mm shaft but uses an adaptor. Comes from the Mig-21. Problem is it's a 3558. I also have a 3530 1800kv out runner. Think I can MacGyver something?
                                As long as it doesn’t involve chewing gum and bailing wire, remember these things are spinning 40,000 rpm. LOL

Comment

• Well then I guess Duct tape is out of the question. lol

Comment

• LOLYea that pretty much bypassed my whole tool box.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimbobtheflimbob View Post
                                      Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20171017_153557.jpg Views:	1 Size:	59.3 KB ID:	100736After seeing sea viper's post i thought i should check my fan too since i fly from very muddy grass. I was shocked to see that the entire fan casing was covered with around 1mm of mud! it was tricky to remove it but in the end i used a toothbrush and water to clean it out. I think i might have to cover the cheater holes now since I've only got 4 flights on it so far and it picked up a worrying amount of mud.
                                      So, I decided that I should check out my A4's fan after seeing these posts from JimBob and Sea Viper. I have flown my Scooter from a grass field... but its pretty closely cut so I didn't think it would be much of a problem. I saw a little grass in there, peering into the dark recesses of the ductwork with a flashlight, so I removed the bottom hatch and took a look at my fan. The EDF is a very nice metal unit nestled deep in the foam and held in with four screws. You can't get to it unless you remove it. I took out the 4 screws and the unit came out... but it seemed to be a bit resistant to coming out all the way.

Resistance is futile!

So I tugged a bit and it came right out... and the plugs disconnected from the ESC!
                                      :Angry::Angry:

There wasn't much in the fan, just a little bit of grass which was easy to clean. No big deal. Nice 100-amp ESC all snug in it's holder. All good. But it took me more than an hour to reconnect those three wires... using three hands and two forceps and a large amount of cursing. There's only room for about 1/3 of one hand! And the cheater cover (which would provide more access) won't come off. DAMN this job was a pain in the ASS. But I finally got it back together... :blueangry
                                      Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• So you didn't remove the vertical fin to get to the wires?

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
                                          So you didn't remove the vertical fin to get to the wires?
                                          No, I didn't try that. The wires from the EDF run forward to the ESC (towards the nose), which is mounted to the top of the duct under the cheater vents.. The tail fin is further back so I'm not sure that would help me reach the connectors. I could be wrong~! Perhaps I could have reached in with two fingers....:P

If you're telling me that is the secret... well... d'oh! NOW you tell me!
                                          Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

Working...
                                          X