Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I forgot to ask, what is the C-rating of the batteries you are using. With the field you have, I would have the highest C-rated battery I could get. It does make a difference in how much juice you can get out of the battery quickly.

Comment

• I think that grass is too thick

I got two flights on mine this afternoon ahead of the hurricane. Looks like Sunday is gonna be windy here. The Skyhawk is definitely my favorite jet.
      13 flights now and paint is still intact.
      Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

• I really want a TA-4J. Alpha, is there any chance at all that Freewing may produce one? If not, I'm going to buy a fuselage from the spare parts department, and start converting it. Seems like it would be a relatively easy thing for Freewing to do. Not so for me. Pretty sure the canopy will be a big challenge for my meager modeling skills, but I'm going to try. Is anyone else thinking about this?

Got in another flight on mine this afternoon. What a cool plane.

Comment

• +1

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosytime View Post
            I still say to get that front lighter. I never saw the nose bounce up once while you were taxiing around. I also agree your grass field is lush and soft. Our grass at out field is only about 3/4 of an inch after I cut it. Of course it's more weeds than grass but it mows short.
            My cg is perfect. It's flys good. I'm not going to run it tail heavy just to get it off grass.

Comment

• Originally posted by T.J. View Post

Haha yea it's thick. I guess I just continue to take off in the dirt next to the field.

Time for a geotex runway....
              Hangar: 90mm F16, 90mm F-15, 80mm Mirage, 90mm F-18, 1400mm P-40, 64mm F-22

RIP: 80mm F-14

Comment

• Pilot Ryan flew mine off grass all weekend. No need for pavement or geotex. She rotates in about 70 ft.

He's an awesome pilot. Had her flying on rails, slow, fast and everything in between.

Was so busy with the event, I never had a chance to fly. But at least I know she's trimmed by an expert.

Also learned a lot about the proper application of Expo from Captain Mike. Been doing it wrong for a long time.

Thinking about getting the A4? Get one. It's a no-brainer decision.

Hawk
                Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
                Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
                I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• Originally posted by dahawk View Post
                  Pilot Ryan flew mine off grass all weekend. No need for pavement or geotex. She rotates in about 70 ft.

He's an awesome pilot. Had her flying on rails, slow, fast and everything in between.

Was so busy with the event, I never had a chance to fly. But at least I know she's trimmed by an expert.

Also learned a lot about the proper application of Expo from Captain Mike. Been doing it wrong for a long time.

Thinking about getting the A4? Get one. It's a no-brainer decision.

Hawk
                  I agree! I fly mine from a relatively short grass runway all the time, like you said it takes off easily (I use a little flap to help) and it lands nice and slow with the flaps down... when it touches down the grass slows it down very quickly so its a piece of cake. Very fun little plane to fly. Everyone keeps saying that it sounds and looks great in the air.
                  Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Dave I missed the discussion about expo share it with us. I'm curious about what Mike had to say about this being a self taught flyer I can always use more information.

Comment

• Fresh from MotionRC's cutting room floor. You'll see my A4 flying off grass. If you're the least bit concerned about flying this gorgeous bird off grass, don't be,

Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39

Comment

• On expo,

I was applying way too much. Captain Mike did a video on it at the air show. I was using way too much. Always thought that it simply softened the feel around the center of the stick. The more the better, right? Wrong ! The amount you use really affects coupling. Too much aileron and you'll see the elevator movement and visa versa, most of the time, unwanted. Now I get it.

Comment

• Who crashed the MiG?

Comment

• Great video guys hopefully there will be more.

Comment

• Dave you say Mike did a video on the expo hopefully he will post that.

Comment

On expo,

I was applying way too much. Captain Mike did a video on it at the air show. I was using way too much. Always thought that it simply softened the feel around the center of the stick. The more the better, right? Wrong ! The amount you use really affects coupling. Too much aileron and you'll see the elevator movement and visa versa, most of the time, unwanted. Now I get it.
                                Is that video Mike did available somewhere, I sure would like to see it???
                                I too am probably using to much on my jets...
                                Thanks...

Comment

• A-4 video from eWeek...

TiredIron Aviation
                                  Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• He just filmed it on Saturday using my A-10. I was standing next to him on the sticks. They took tons of footage and short vids Yeah, the Expo explanation finally sunk in. Best explanation yet on knowing how much to use and I'll bet I'm not the only one out there that's had the same thoughts.

seaviper- Waytooslow crashed the Mig and won the highly coveted: "Walk of Shame" award. He won in dramatic fashion too. Funny thing is we're both out of the Mig-21 business. I demolished mine in a full speed dive( compression stall) that I could not recover from. Actually shattered the metal housing of the edf. Now that's some G's !

Comment

the Expo explanation finally sunk in. Best explanation yet on knowing how much to use and I'll bet I'm not the only one out there that's had the same thoughts.
                                      Can you expound on this?

TiredIron Aviation
                                      Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• I would really like to see them do a video just on that 4 jet flight. I'd like to see that.

Damn fine video by the way!

Comment

• I'd say it boils down to having too much making the plane mushy feeling rather than just a little smoothing things out. A little helps to define the elevator from aileron let's say. Deadening sensitivity around neutral also helps define the inputs from each other even though they are on the same stick.

Capt Mikes vid will go into more detail Im sure.

Comment

Working...
                                          X