X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm interested in the 9 blade also.

Ruth, if you're getting 30 seconds less flight time with the inrunner what does mean? From what to what ? I'm at 3 min with a 5800 RT 35 C. Was hoping for 3:30 but I don't think it's in the cards. The Admiral 5000 50C gets 2:30 to 3 min. 3 minutes if you're really stretching it.

Hawk
    Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
    Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
    I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• Dave, I'm getting 3:30 on my RT 5800's... you must be an aggressive flier. ;)

Comment

• Same here, 3:30 on the 5800, and 4 on the 6250. You do know that the left stick moves up and down, right? :)
        Pat

Comment

• And then there were two....

Click image for larger version

Name:	20171017_190451.jpg
Views:	510
Size:	96.7 KB
ID:	100792

The second one did go faster... by a little bit.. I think.

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
            Same here, 3:30 on the 5800, and 4 on the 6250. You do know that the left stick moves up and down, right? :)
            Good one Pat! LOL

Comment

• By the time you get to #12 you'll be an expert! :)
              Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
                By the time you get to #12 you'll be an expert! :)
                That or I will be more goofy than I already am. LOL

Comment

• I swapped out my in-runner for the 9-blade power system and just completed a couple test flights. The A-4 with the 9-blade is awesome! The sound is comparable. Takeoff ground roll is reduced to about 50 ft! I’ll take measurements and adjust my technique and CG on subsequent flights. Acceleration and top speed is faster. Maneuverability is outstanding! My ARF Plus with the 9-blade outperforms my stock A-4. I was setting my timer to 2:30. I just increased it to 3:30.

Comment

• That's pretty much what I figured would be the case. Thanks for taking the time to check that out.

Comment

• 92 seconds of my Freewing Venom 2 and Freewing A-4 Skyhawk

Comment

• In response to EA-6B Geek, Good eye. The refueling probe was replaced with Flight Test instrumentation including total & static pressure ports, AOA and yaw vanes. This photo was shot when we were evaluating the aircraft for the Blue Angels with locked slats. The Blues were concerned that a stuck slat would ruin their day and wanted to determine if the aircraft would be suitable for slow speed air show work with the slats locked closed. Flew my first two flights yesterday. Very nice!

Comment

• Like your scheme.
                          Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

• Ron,

I like what you did with the 9b 1900kv setup. Looks all of the good and none of the bad.
                            Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39

Comment

• I've been doing some detailing work on my cockpit. Its not perfect but I'm happy for a first attempt at doing something like this. I made the top of an ejector seat with card from packaging and raised it up 1cm with some blocks of depron. I also used some more card to make a firewall behind the seat as the back of the cockpit was too far back and looked a bit 'off'. I also covered the dashboard with more card and filled the edges and made a gunsight from, you guessed it, more card and some transparent plastic, and then painted everything. I also used some sprue from a old airfix kit to make the ejector seat handle, which was sanded to make it less chunky and bent to shape before being painted. It needs a new pilot as the Freewing pilot is a little on the short side, but apart from that I'm pretty happy with it.

Currently Fly: Durafly Spitfire MkVb, Eflite P47 1100mm, Parkzone FW190A-8, Parkzone SE5a, Dynam Tiger Moth, Eleven Hobby Bearcat, Parkzone Mosquito MKVI, Durafly Tundra
                              Unflyable: Durafly Sea Vixen, Parkzone T28 (In temporary storage in tree)
                              Retired: Hobbyzone Delta Ray 'Frankenplane'
                              Wanted: Freewing A4

Comment

• Ron,

Same setup as what's in the A-10 ? or could I simply buy a 9 blade fan for a 1800kv setup I already have and swap a 12b for the 9b ?

Comment

• Originally posted by dahawk View Post
                                  Ron,

Same setup as what's in the A-10 ? or could I simply buy a 9 blade fan for a 1800kv setup I already have and swap a 12b for the 9b ?
                                  The A-10 fan is 1900kV.

Comment

• Thanks Steve,

Yes I know. But I have an 80mm 3530-1800kv 12B available. Can I simply swap fans or is there more to it than that. ? A 9B blade housing and fan cost about $10.00.

Comment

Thanks Steve,

Yes I know. But I have an 80mm 3530-1800kv 12B available. Can I simply swap fans or is there more to it than that. ? A 9B blade housing and fan cost about $10.00.
                                      Good question...I don't know.

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post

The A-10 fan is 1900kV.
                                        It makes me wonder what kind of r&d the manufacturers are doing with edfs, in particular the FreeWing 80mm units. I like the metal shroud, it has no flex and absorbs vibration. It’s 7 stators are more efficient straightening the air, helping to produce that jet whoosh. It is heavy, and had to be to support the heavy aluminum/glass fiber/ composite 12 blade rotor. That composite rotor found in all FW 80mm jets (not A-10) was replaced in the A-4 with a lighter single piece rotor, so the metal shroud is prob not necessary. The plastic shroud in the A-10 is the same shroud you get with the 4s and 6s FW 80mm edf with the six blade rotor. It has proven itself in the A-10, with the new one-piece 9 blade rotor and 1900kv motor.
                                        Now that they seem to be moving to a lighter rotor, I wish FreeWing would upgrade the old plastic shroud, give it 7 stators and put a faring over the wires. 9 blade fans are more efficient than 12 blade fans and sound almost as good.

Comment

Thanks Steve,

I have the 3530-1750kv 12B unit. The 9 blade rotor will not work because the motor shaft is 6mm too long and so the spinner can’t seat. The 1900kv motor has the shorter shaft required. I don’t know the length of the Skyhawk’s 3530-1850kv motor shaft, the 9B may be a direct fit on it.

Comment

Working...
                                          X