Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latest update vid from MotionRC. We're 10 minutes from DFW. Here's the SOP: Arrive early Sat. Uber on over to the field . Have a great time. Stay over Saturday night and hangout with Pilot Ryan , Captain Mike and James B from MRC. Fly or hang out with us on Sunday . You can even fly my A4 ! - Naw bad idea. LOL Uber back to the airport or out to Jerry World in Arlington for the Cowboys / Packers game. Uber back to DFW.

If you are in the DFW vicinity , you'll kick yourself for missing this event.

Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
    Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
    I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• Several more flights on the A-4 today. Two with the drop tanks.

In the spirit of Close Air Support and the suppression of enemy air defenses, I've built a pair of AGM-45 Shrike missiles for it. Haven't flown with them yet.

I want to thank everyone here for the great advice coming from this post! Also Motion RC and Freewing for this amazing jet. I've dreamed of a truly flyable, scale looking A-4 for years. It's just awesome. My wife, who worked on A-4's as an ordinanceman for five years, watched me fly it earlier today. Her comment, "Holy ____, it looks like a real A-4!" I have to agree.

Comment

• Congrats. I get the same kinds of comments at the field when I fly the A-4. Usually comments like "that's as real as it gets" and "he has better eyesight than me". The A-4 is rather dorito-like. But I love it's handling and looks.
        Incidentally, when I flew mine on Sunday, I found out that one of our club members has over 1000 hours in the TA4 (he did threaten to melt the "Marines" stickers off my plane though..probably a story there). Pretty cool talking to him about the A-4 and how she flies.

FLY MARINES

Oh one more thing. That refueling probe is quite flexible. Ask me how I know this. Anyway it bends right back into shape. Like it never happened.
        Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

• Originally posted by seaviper View Post
          Congrats. I get the same kinds of comments at the field when I fly the A-4. Usually comments like "that's as real as it gets" and "he has better eyesight than me". The A-4 is rather dorito-like. But I love it's handling and looks.
          Incidentally, when I flew mine on Sunday, I found out that one of our club members has over 1000 hours in the TA4 (he did threaten to melt the "Marines" stickers off my plane though..probably a story there). Pretty cool talking to him about the A-4 and how she flies.

FLY MARINES

Oh one more thing. That refueling probe is quite flexible. Ask me how I know this. Anyway it bends right back into shape. Like it never happened.
          Yeah, FLY MARINES! I was lucky enough to get just over 100 hours in the TA-4J in the training command. It's still my favorite among the planes I've flown. It would be great if Freewing could come out with a TA-4 version of this A-4, but I know that's unlikely. I'll play the waiting game and see, but I'll probably end buying another so I can have a VMA-214 Blacksheep A-4 to go with this VMA-211 jet.

so how did you bend that probe?

Comment

• Originally posted by seaviper View Post
            Congrats. I get the same kinds of comments at the field when I fly the A-4. Usually comments like "that's as real as it gets" and "he has better eyesight than me". The A-4 is rather dorito-like. But I love it's handling and looks.

FLY MARINES

I know what you mean about the probe too.....;)

Comment

• A lot of work, but also a lot of fun. Doing some TopGun fun after all the work. Also just finished up a Blue Angel for the F-14 driver. Both A-4 aircraft have Howler whistles, nav and top/bottom beacons, and the Blue Angel has a custom nose strut added.

Comment

• JLambCWU - Sweet pics and great job on the Skyhawks!

Comment

• Great looking Skyhawks JLambCWU.Making me think I need to order an ARF+ when they come back into stock for a camo paint job similar to yours.
                  My YouTube Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrz...4Q-xrOOtP2C-8w

Comment

• Yee ha! Jester's dead! Great work. There's so many schemes for this bird. I don't know if I'll to have just one.

Originally posted by JLambCWU View Post
                    A lot of work, but also a lot of fun. Doing some TopGun fun after all the work. Also just finished up a Blue Angel for the F-14 driver. Both A-4 aircraft have Howler whistles, nav and top/bottom beacons, and the Blue Angel has a custom nose strut added.

Comment

• I replaced the EZ connector on the A-4 nose wheel steering with a Z-bend. Set it and forget it. I also replaced the retract for the nose wheel. The new retract has about the same amount of play as the one that it replaced. So I guess that is just something I have to live with. The A-4 does track straight on takeoff though.
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	20170929_091535.jpg
Views:	576
Size:	71.0 KB
ID:	98798

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	106.0 KB
ID:	98869 Freewing Skyhawks at the St. George Electric Festival.

Comment

• Put the avanti nose gear on mine. That rinky dink nose wheel wasn't cutting it for me.

Comment

• Ok who's plane was the NP 512? And what about details on that cockpit, nose wheel door, and the centerline hard point? Great group of Scooters!

Comment

• That looks like Brent's bird. Aka Corsair Nut.

Comment

• Nice pictures.
                                Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by T.J. View Post
                                  Put the avanti nose gear on mine. That rinky dink nose wheel wasn't cutting it for me.
                                  Everything fit up OK?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kurtzz View Post

Everything fit up OK?
                                    Yea fit good. The avanti strut is shorter but with the taller wheel they are the same length.

Comment

• Just received my bird. Noted the box has a rather noticeable warning to check the FMS website update page for the correct battery placement. I'll be taking my time detailing her to represent my test aircraft from 1973-74 at the Naval Air Test Center.

Comment

• It wouldn't be the FMS website but you will find what you need. Look forward to seeing your bird.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr D View Post
                                          Just received my bird. Noted the box has a rather noticeable warning to check the FMS website update page for the correct battery placement. I'll be taking my time detailing her to represent my test aircraft from 1973-74 at the Naval Air Test Center.
                                          Hey Mr D. What were you testing this day? I notice this A-4 has maybe some data collecting device in place of the refueling probe, and that the slats are being held closed. That's one salty looking Skyhawk! Can't wait to see how yours comes out.

Comment

Working...
                                          X