Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don’t know these folks but their videos are always entertaining, really a hoot! This one features a FreeWing A-4, F-86, and either a Futura or Cobra, flying from a hazardous “air field”! Enjoy!

Comment

• What videos Boots?

Comment

• Ditto
        Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
        Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
        I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• LOLseeing who was paying attention!LOL
          Enjoy
          If you are triggered by foam planes flying at an empty school on a Sunday morning do not proceed to watch. http://moragaheavenlyflyers.org/

Comment

• That was a RIOT!!! I wanna fly with that Crew!
            Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Originally posted by Levendis View Post
              Another attempt to get some air-to-air footage of the IAF Scooter. Done by a local quad racer, as no one seems to have a fast fpv plane anymore.
              First cut - Exclusively on Hobby-squawk!

https://vimeo.com/240959829
              incredible video! I'd hate to lose a plane in all those trees!
              Current Fleet: Flightline Tigercat, Flightline Bearcat, Eflite Corsair, ESM Skyraider, Pilot RC Yak-54 30%:corsair

Comment

• Picked up a couple batts to try. I’m still a huge fan of the RT’s and the Admirals but just wanted to compare for myself.

So tomorrow , I’m going to go for 3 flights: RT 5800 35C- 780g, CHL G+ Series 5000 55C-858g and a HRB 6000 50C-863g. Clearly, the RT’s are typically light pound for pound. In this case though I’m comparing a 35C to a 50&55C.

I will have the timer set for 3 minutes. I’ll look for capacity (volts per cell remaining and mah used) and also performance which is totally subjective.

The benchmark is the RT 5800 35C-780g. $90.00 ~3.15 min

The Admiral 5000 50C-732g was fine $109.00 2:45-3:00 min

My expectation for the HRB is low but I must say, it came nicely packaged and included the Ec5 plug. $86.00

The CHL is physically the largest at least in width yet has less mah. They do boast a burst rate of 110C. $65.00

I may have already found the Holey Grail with the RT. But what the heck, I’m open to find any improvement if it exists.

Hope the day is coming soon on the next leap forward in battery power.
                Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39

Comment

• First, thanks for all of your great responses. After reading everyone’s ideas, I reviewed the starting point for measuring the CG from the MotionRC “Updates” doc for the A-4. It stated measure 190mm to 195mm from the “flat spot at the base of the cannon fairing”. And there it was: “base”. To me the “base” was where the wing meets the cannon fairing, but after reviewing the picture, the “base” of the cannon fairing is at the leading edge of the cannon fairing – go figure… That fact and the heavy weight of the Turnigy HD battery explains why it was coming out nose heavy. All is well now!

Thanks again!

Nick

Comment

• Just for the record, I tried my CG at 195mm from the base of the cannon fairing and the maiden was a bit hairy. Got it down safely but my CG is now at 180mm from the same point.

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
                      Just for the record, I tried my CG at 195mm from the base of the cannon fairing and the maiden was a bit hairy. Got it down safely but my CG is now at 180mm from the same point.
                      Just to be clear, are you measuring from the point shown in the MotionRC updated docs (see attached)?

Nick

Click image for larger version

Name:	a4-2_large.jpg
Views:	428
Size:	22.7 KB
ID:	102826Click image for larger version

Name:	Manual.JPG
Views:	356
Size:	18.1 KB
ID:	102827

Comment

• Yes. I also check it wheels down and inverted but I am at 180mm from the base of the canon mount pictured.

Comment

• This is where I run my Admiral 5000 in the A4. Hands off no trim required. Elevator up mix as directed in manual.
                          34 flights so far on the A4. She still looks new. Rugged bird and a lot of fun to fly.
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	142.7 KB
ID:	102871

The Cg works out to this seam on the wire cover aft of wheel well. See photo.
                          Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	2 Size:	59.4 KB ID:	102874
                          Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

• Love the T-45 Livery! also 34 flights at 329.00 ... bout 9.70 cents a flight! Thanks for sharing!
                            Do you fly with the pups and tanks?
                            Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Thank you sir! I usually fly in wind with the hump only or just clean. If it's calm I will load her up. But she will slow very fast with the ord. That has bitten me twice resulting in some rough landings and nose gear pin replacements. Hope to get a lot more flights on her.

The T-45 accidentally touched down in the tall grass alongside our runway a month or so ago. That cost me $150 in parts. So while I had her down for maintenance, I went ahead and repainted her, The scheme is based on a USNFWS F-16N but adjusted to fit the T-45. It looks like some eastern block thing in the air. Very cool with the LEDs. Graphics by Callie Graphics. The T-45 is my squadron hack. She has 17 flights so far.
                              Another good dependable bird. Also it's an excellent windy day flier. The A-4, not so much.
                              Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

• Thank you dahawk. I appreciate your response and help.

Comment

• Does anybody have left over decals for the Navy version? I jacked up the black "300NF" decal that goes on top of the right wing. I also boogerd up the white "300" used on the flaps. I would be willing to pay for them along with shipping. If anyone needs the Marine set of decals let me know, they are yours for the asking. Thanks guys.

skip

Comment

• Originally posted by skippykix View Post
                                    Does anybody have left over decals for the Navy version? I jacked up the black "300NF" decal that goes on top of the right wing. I also boogerd up the white "300" used on the flaps. I would be willing to pay for them along with shipping. If anyone needs the Marine set of decals let me know, they are yours for the asking. Thanks guys.

skip
                                    I have all of mine. You are welcome to them. Just PM me your info.

Comment

• Thank you so much RCjetdude!!! PM sent!

Comment

• I am going to do Marine so I have the Navy decals. You may have them if you wish.

Comment

• I could use the the large 300 decal from the Navy livery.

Comment

Working...
                                          X