X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Detailed Bullpup
    Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Looking good, e4dragongunner. A little goes a long way!
      Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Thanks Alpha!
        So I just gotta say! I am sure that there are those of us who remember if you wanted to fly Jets you needed an OS/Rossi 91 and a Dynamax or BVM fan. I feel so spoiled with the, engineering. prefabrication, price, outstanding performance, selection, spare parts, and Upgrades available. Not to mention the great community! We are living the golden Age!
        Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Originally posted by e4dragongunner View Post
          Thanks Alpha!
          So I just gotta say! I am sure that there are those of us who remember of you wanted to fly Jets you needed an OS/Rossi 91 and a Dynamax or BVM fan. I feel so spoiled with the, engineering. prefabrication, price, outstanding performance, selection, spare parts, and Upgrades available. Not to mention the great community! We are living the golden Age!
          I agree totally...my first jet back around 1980 had a K&B 7.5cc Ducted Fan engine in it with a tuned pipe. It was "on the pipe" or it was on it's way down. I love EDF's! By the way, your A-4 looks fantastic! :Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post

I agree totally...my first jet back around 1980 had a K&B 7.5cc Ducted Fan engine in it with a tuned pipe. It was "on the pipe" or it was on it's way down. I love EDF's! By the way, your A-4 looks fantastic! :Cool:
            Thanks Brother! The credit goes to Freewing. Its an amazing aircraft! and it friggin Moves out! Fingers crossed. I hope ( as many of you do) to see a Phantom in 2018!

Comment

• Yes, it is so amazing how great these foam jets fly, this has got to be the most fun I have had in my 33 yrs of flying R/C. I had several YA A-4's back in the days and they were all nitro powered using OS .91 with a tuned JMP pipe, Dynamax fan, BVM remote needle valve you could adjust from the transmitter to keep the OS happy, and don't even get me started on the air retracts that always failed at the wrong time. We are so lucky to enjoy these foam EDF's , drop in a battery and go fly with almost no maintenace at all. I finally got my A-4 dialed in to my liking.
              Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post
                Yes, it is so amazing how great these foam jets fly, this has got to be the most fun I have had in my 33 yrs of flying R/C. I had several YA A-4's back in the days and they were all nitro powered using OS .91 with a tuned JMP pipe, Dynamax fan, BVM remote needle valve you could adjust from the transmitter to keep the OS happy, and don't even get me started on the air retracts that always failed at the wrong time. We are so lucky to enjoy these foam EDF's , drop in a battery and go fly with almost no maintenace at all. I finally got my A-4 dialed in to my liking.
                'Tis truly a great time to be an RC enthusiast!! I have been in this hobby for over 30 years now and it has been the most fun for the last 8-9 years!! Once I transitioned to electric everything changed for the better! And now the newer edfs are really performing well!! I will have this one very soon too!!
                Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
                I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• You’ll love the A4 Ray. Well engineered. Best Delta I’’’ve flown.

Another goodie is the new 70mm BAe Hawk. I got the Arf+ and loaded a XRP 2200kv 14B . Maidened the other day and she didn’t even need a click of trim. Great plane for the money. Out performs the Yak-130.

They’re coming so fast and furious it’s getting hard to keep up. I need an intervention.

Hawk
                  Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
                  Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
                  I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• Originally posted by dahawk View Post
                    You’ll love the A4 Ray. Well engineered. Best Delta I’’’ve flown.

Another goodie is the new 70mm BAe Hawk. I got the Arf+ and loaded a XRP 2200kv 14B . Maidened the other day and she didn’t even need a click of trim. Great plane for the money. Out performs the Yak-130.

They’re coming so fast and furious it’s getting hard to keep up. I need an intervention.

Hawk
                    Fat chance! LOL

Comment

• e4dragongunner,
                      Those bullpups look great! Did you DIY the small markings / decals yourself? I looked around on Callie's website looking for the same thing but couldn't find any. The rest of the stock airplane is so nice it makes the bullpups look a little plain.

Originally posted by e4dragongunner View Post
                      Detailed Bullpup

Comment

• Originally posted by Levendis View Post
                        e4dragongunner,
                        Those bullpups look great! Did you DIY the small markings / decals yourself? I looked around on Callie's website looking for the same thing but couldn't find any. The rest of the stock airplane is so nice it makes the bullpups look a little plain.
                        Levendis,

The Bullpup decals are water slides that I created and sell for $5 a set. See this post for details.
                        Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
                          Levendis,

The Bullpup decals are water slides that I created and sell for $5 a set. See this post for details.
                          Well Done Brother! I love em!

Comment

• I have just recently completed the FW A-4. I have purchased a Turnigy HD 5000mAh 6S battery weighing 30oz for the A-4. Assembled with the 5000 mAh battery all the way forward as suggested (in line with the U-shaped cutout in the ply battery platform) and with the A-4 including Bullpups, but without fuel tanks or avionics pod balanced upright with gear retracted, I am coming out nose heavy (ahead of the 190mm CG) by about 26mm! Every thread I have read says, in general, it will be tail heavy. Even moving the battery rearward by 1” inch does not balance to the 190mm mark as depicted in the update or instructions.

Any thoughts as to why this is occurring? I am posting this in two forums to help get an understanding of why this may be happening.

PS. Attached is a picture of my DF JHH A-4 back in the late 90’s before I started flying turbine jets. Looking forward to flying an adequately powered A-4 this time around!

Thanks

Nick
                            Click image for larger version  Name:	A-4.jpg Views:	1 Size:	90.1 KB ID:	102564

Comment

• Hi Nick, welcome to Hobby Squawk! I haven't flown our A-4 with the Turnigy HD 5000s, but I know people that have and they're good batteries. Perhaps someone can chime in with their battery position.

Would you be able to post a photo of where/how you're balancing the model?

JHH's models are classics and many are still available today. I like your Edwards-ish scheme! Chris (JetMang) is on these forums --he and his father *are* JHH. I still have one of their A-7s and it was a great flyer on ICDF, then 90mm EDF (both with and without the ducting).
                              Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• I ran across this video of a working automatic leading edge wing slat. This would be a cool modification to do on the A-4, but I can’t find any details on what he’s using for the sliding tracks. Hey RcJetdude, this looks like it’s right down your alley! How ‘bout putting your engineering skills to this!

Just a short video showing the testing of my leading edge slat modification.

Comment

• I am getting ready to order graphics from Callie. What size is correct for this model? Thanks for any help you may provide.

Comment

• 1/9
                                    Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39

Comment

• Another attempt to get some air-to-air footage of the IAF Scooter. Done by a local quad racer, as no one seems to have a fast fpv plane anymore.
                                      First cut - Exclusively on Hobby-squawk!

Sorry, we couldn’t find that page

Comment

• Originally posted by Levendis View Post
                                        Another attempt to get some air-to-air footage of the IAF Scooter. Done by a local quad racer, as no one seems to have a fast fpv plane anymore.
                                        First cut - Exclusively on Hobby-squawk!

https://vimeo.com/240959829
                                        Beautiful video! Looks like that fpv quad racer tried to take you out on the landing! :Scared:

Comment

• Great vid and wherever that is, sure looks like God’s country. Love the terrain. Here in Texas, our State tree is the telephone pole. Lol

Comment

Working...
                                          X