Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't have one yet but have flown my planes with by buddy who does have one... here are a couple videos...

Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
    I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• Get the HP if you do .... I flew the stock for a awhile and it's fine there but the HP upgrade really makes me grab the jet more frequently when I go out..... very fun...

Comment

• Even with the bigger avanti nose wheel I can't get this thing to fly off grass. I've flown it off a dirt area next to our field. But only a matter of time before a rock gets kicked up into the cheater hole. It's happened twice to one of our club members. Might have to sell this one. It's a shame cause it flys so well.

Comment

• I had no trouble flying the A-4 off of the grass a Triple Tree where other planes simply couldn't get up enough speed. Are you sure your motor is spoiling up enough?

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
            I had no trouble flying the A-4 off of the grass a Triple Tree where other planes simply couldn't get up enough speed. Are you sure your motor is spoiling up enough?
            I'm pretty sure it is. Not sure how to check. As soon as I start to taxi the font shock compresses all the way. Only does this on grass. Any pointers would be appreciated. I've got new good batterys. I've been trying half flaps. She just can't get enough speed

Comment

• Is your nose wheel binding in any way?

Comment

• Did you program your ESC to recognize full throttle on your transmitter?

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
                  Did you program your ESC to recognize full throttle on your transmitter?
                  Nose wheel spins freely. I didn't know you have to program the esc. It flys great off a hard surface.

Comment

• I fly from grass. And rough grass at that. Make sure you do the throttle calibration on the ESC (turnon tx, put throttle at full, power rx, when you get the beeps lower throttle to min, repower rx). You only have to do this once unless you re-bind again.
                    If the throttle calibration is not the culprit, then a new battery might be. New batteries need 4 or 5 cycles before they give good power for jets.
                    Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

• Originally posted by seaviper View Post
                      I fly from grass. And rough grass at that. Make sure you do the throttle calibration on the ESC (turnon tx, put throttle at full, power rx, when you get the beeps lower throttle to min, repower rx). You only have to do this once unless you re-bind again.
                      If the throttle calibration is not the culprit, then a new battery might be. New batteries need 4 or 5 cycles before they give good power for jets.
                      Thanks for the tip. I'll recalibrate esc and try it. Our grass is not super rough but it is thick. My batterys are good this is not my only 6s plane so I'm gonna rule that out. Like I said it has no problems off a hard surface.

Comment

• I would also check to see if you are too nose heavy. I fly off of grass and have no problem either. I will say that I have moved my battery back as far as it would go and the jet flies great now. I have the battery even with the end of the rear of the cockpit. I have even flown it off our field when the grass was wet. I'm using a Roaring Top 5000mah 70c battery.

Comment

• Yeah I was thinking that too Rosytime. If you think all is well, then try using half flaps and some back pressure on the stick to get the nose up. But not too far. Just let it ride the main wheels and accelerate. I use this technique with the T-45 at our field.
                          It's called a soft field takeoff. Should work.
                          Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

• I have my cg set per the updated manual. It flys great. I've tryed flaps no flaps. I do hold back pressure. I'll try the esc calibration.

Comment

• Originally posted by T.J. View Post
                              That's some thick grass TJ! I'm flying mine off grass too, but I'm the one cutting it, and I cut it short! The A-4 works fine for me, but I have to admit that my first takeoff roll was a bit longer than I expected. Been using full flaps to get airborne since then. I understand your frustration.

Comment

• Yeah, that grass is going to make it tough to get airborne. I doubt you're going to see much change after doing an ESC calibration.

Comment

• Originally posted by T.J. View Post
                                  Yeah, just hand launch or fly gliders... You can't fly off of that lol

It's like bear fur

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha10 View Post

Yeah, just hand launch or fly gliders... You can't fly off of that lol

It's like bear fur
                                    Haha yea it's thick. I guess I just continue to take off in the dirt next to the field.

Comment

• I'll know more later today when Pilot Ryan and Captain Mike arrive. We cut our field short and for events like the one we're having Saturday we roll it.

Your grass field is better than my front lawn. Lush. Our field is a hybrid Bermuda but this year some St. Augustine has crept in. Just a few patches but it hates airplanes with small wheels. We're going to kill it. The 70 and 80mm jets are okay. The 90's have a tougher time.

We'll see later today when we fly my A4 and the DH-112 Venom. News at 11.

Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
                                      Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
                                      I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• I still say to get that front lighter. I never saw the nose bounce up once while you were taxiing around. I also agree your grass field is lush and soft. Our grass at out field is only about 3/4 of an inch after I cut it. Of course it's more weeds than grass but it mows short.

Comment

Working...
                                        X