Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking good sir!

Comment

• Thank you! I was scared to look at it with a critical eye this morning.... Too many margaritas. The graphics are almost straight! HA!!!

Comment

• Scha- weet !
        Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
        Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
        I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• Looking really good Hardway! Mine is still cozy in its box. :Loser:

Comment

• Did the basic graphics on the starboard side. Took a "before" pic just for fun... Painted the tail hook and the exhaust nozzle. Taking a lot of time. Thanks Hawk & Boots. Don't feel bad. I have quite a few still cozy in their boxes!! LOL

Comment

• Nice work mate. Looks good! Man I guess I'm going to have to get me an airbrush. Ya know good decal work is priceless, not easy though.

Woody

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodcock View Post
                Nice work mate. Looks good! Man I guess I'm going to have to get me an airbrush. Ya know good decal work is priceless, not easy though.

Woody
                Thanks Wood! I used a Badger basic spray gun and a Paasche VL airbrush. Graphics from Callie...

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post

Thanks Wood! I used a Badger basic spray gun and a Paasche VL airbrush. Graphics from Callie...
                  I'm actually waiting on my first set of custom graphics from Callie. Using them on my Dynam Corsair. The A-4 has always had a special place in my heart. Back in the day I actually had a couple of, "Jet Hanger Hobbies" A-4's. Took me the most part of a year to build them, so I will order one of these in the not too distance future. I'm in for the Phantom too. But if I have em, I'm going to really want to fly them, and I just haven't recovered my piloting skills yet. It's not like riding a bicycle. Ya don't use it ya loose it. Seriously!!

Woody

Comment

• You will do fine. Just have to knock the rust off a little!! The Corsair will get you back up to speed...:Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodcock View Post

I'm actually waiting on my first set of custom graphics from Callie. Using them on my Dynam Corsair. The A-4 has always had a special place in my heart. Back in the day I actually had a couple of, "Jet Hanger Hobbies" A-4's. Took me the most part of a year to build them, so I will order one of these in the not too distance future. I'm in for the Phantom too. But if I have em, I'm going to really want to fly them, and I just haven't recovered my piloting skills yet. It's not like riding a bicycle. Ya don't use it ya loose it. Seriously!!

Woody
                      Woody I’m with you buddy. I’ve also got a job that wants me there 24/7, no place to fly, haven’t joined a club, and family obligations, my two aging parents. All I seem to be able to accomplish in this great hobby is make purchases. I have the fms EZ trainer that I haven’t flown since 2017 NEFI, and two Opterra wings. On the side, mostly boxed, the FMS 1400: P-40B, A6M Green, A6M Tan and the FreeWing: 1400 P-51D Old Crow, F-16C V2 (maidened by Ryan at 2017 NEFI) and the 80mm A-4 Skyhawk, F-105 Thunderchief and P-15 parkjets.
                      in addition numerous edf units, 64mm thru 80mm all from Motion. New airbrushes and compressor and paints and thinners. All of it is just waiting for me to unleash my creativity that’s been bottled up for YEARS. :Silly:

Comment

• Hey guys...do you think the 8S upgrade unit from the F-4 could be fitted in the A-4? I know the Scooter flies great stock..so might be overthinking but what do you think?

Comment

• Originally posted by Petronio View Post
                          Hey guys...do you think the 8S upgrade unit from the F-4 could be fitted in the A-4? I know the Scooter flies great stock..so might be overthinking but what do you think?
                          Well, it depends. The Phantom is a 90mm powered EDF - the Skyhawk is 80mm. That 10mm might not sound like much of an obstacle, but you will need to do some detailed foam carving to make the bigger unit work as it should. The cheater would almost certainly need to remain, and possibly require enlargement so as not to need to hack up (enlarge) the inlets. So too would the exhaust end need some modifications, enlarging for the bigger fan. There will be a need for a new ESC, and battery weights/fitments should be considered before making the leap.

All in all, it’s not impossible - just not as simple as it would appear. You would be better off switching to another 80mm fan unit, like a JetFan, and a different motor if there’s some specific change in performance you seek.

Comment

• I wonder if the f86 upgrade fan and 1820 inrunner would give some boost in power? ever though the a4 has a 1850kv out runner

Comment

• Could try the FMS 80. 12B. Must have a different pitch cause it’s faster
                              Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39

Comment

• Hmm you are right..much better to use a high end 80mm unit. Thanks for you input. I just purchased the A-4 a couple of days ago from Motionrc EU.. its great to have you in EU now. Look forward to mounting it! Graphics from Callie :).

Comment

• Originally posted by Petronio View Post
                                  Hmm you are right..much better to use a high end 80mm unit. Thanks for you input. I just purchased the A-4 a couple of days ago from Motionrc EU.. its great to have you in EU now. Look forward to mounting it! Graphics from Callie :).
                                  Welcome to the Squawk Pet! Glad you are here bro!

Comment

• Thanks dude :)! You guys seem very kind over here in this forum and I like the FW products so it seems the right place to be :D

Comment

• Welcome to the Squawk Petronio! Very friendly forum.

Comment

• Wow, what a great little jet. We have 5 flights with the A-4, hope to have more and add a 3rd and 4th jet to the formation.

Comment

• Nice Vid !

Comment

Working...
                                          X