X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ryan@Motion/ryramZ View Post

Immediately aft of board 38mm high, 75mm wide. After that the compartment gets bigger so that's the critical dimensions.
    Thanks Ryan. 75mm wide is plenty wide enough and I note that the dimensions given are those immediately aft of the board so presumably the height will get larger as you move back in the battery bay.

But having pre-ordered I am now a little concerned that my 5000 mAh LIPO's that are around 52mm high will fit okay. This is 6-7mm higher than the new 5000mAh Admirals that are smaller in cross section than most LIPO's, so I have my fingers crossed that there is a little more space available 'under the hood' to accommodate slightly larger LIPO's like mine.

Comment

• I just my graphics set from Cali for the A-4 as it was during Viet Nam when it was on the USS Oriskany. It's a great livery and it's the first one I remember seeing when I went to the Navy Air Shows. All I need is a plane to put them on.
      Saw the plane again this weekend at Apollo Field It was great to see and hear it fly. I got some tips from Tony about the Weight and Balance so I'm ready to get this bird set up and available for for missions. Click image for larger version

Name:	A-4 VF-163.JPG
Views:	331
Size:	20.6 KB
ID:	92756

Comment

• Originally posted by Casper View Post

Thanks for all your videos Gooniac, I enjoy watching them very much!
        Glad you like them! I am always hearing complaints about the angle and zoom which makes me not want to do them anymore. But glad that someone is enjoying them! I will get more this coming weekend!

I will plan on getting this bird a little later on when I can dedicate the time to painting it as I want. I have a soft spot for the Top Gun Skyhawk....
        Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
        I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• Originally posted by xplaneguy View Post
          Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	172.4 KB
ID:	92365Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	169.6 KB
ID:	92366Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	170.0 KB
ID:	92367Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	191.3 KB
ID:	92368Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	143.2 KB
ID:	92369Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	197.4 KB
ID:	92370 Celebrated National Model Aviation Day at Apollo Field, Van Nuys, CA. Evelyn and I arrived at 6:45am and left at 6:40pm...truly a full day of fun and fellowship with 13 pilots from Apollo Warbird Squadron and many more local pilots and spectators, enjoying a beautiful day in Southern California. Showcased the A-4 during several demo flights and formation flights with my buddy Scott Ramirez flying his PZ Wildcat and Steve Roy's Freewing A-10. The A-4 was a hit! My friend Corey Dail, who flies a turbine A-4 Skyhawk, took the Freewing A-4 up and loved it! I painted the struts white and it really added to the scale appearance. This Skyhawk is off the chain!!
          Sounds like I need to make another trip down to Apollo!! Last time I was there I missed you guys! Really wanna see and fly this bird....
          Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
          I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• Video recorded by Evelyn on Saturday.

Comment

Video recorded by Evelyn on Saturday.
              Awesome! Is it even possible to have a bad landing on the A-4? ;)
              TiredIron Aviation
              Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post

Awesome! Is it even possible to have a bad landing on the A-4? ;)
                Thanks Tired! It's always possible but with you flying the Skyhawk, not likely! ;)

Comment

• I didn't see any posts lately, maybe there are some, but is anyone thinking/planning on adding at least a nose gear door?

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	152.3 KB
ID:	93373Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	77.3 KB
ID:	93374Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	37.4 KB
ID:	93375Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	58.4 KB
ID:	93376Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	75.5 KB
ID:	93377Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	111.7 KB
ID:	93378 Dave - There are several guys planning to add a nose gear door.

This Skyhawk has been a solid model and it can take some hard landings too. With it's light wing loading and a half flap setting, I'm confident this A-4 will have no issues flying off of short grass. Looking forward to those vids. Here's photos taken by Pilot Evelyn.

Comment

• Hey Tony.. Are the clevis to servo arms settings for the control surfaces in the manual are what you using?? Great photos & flying as per usual..:Cool:

Comment

• Hey Bill, thanks! Alpha assembled the jet back in May and no manual left, so I just fly and evaluate regardless. We don't need no stinking manual! Ha ha! ;) Seriously, Ryan did email a manual a few weeks ago, so the next time I pull the Skyhawk out of the truck, I'll verify...just for you, mate! :)

Comment

• Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	162.9 KB ID:	93387Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	195.0 KB ID:	93395Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	145.6 KB ID:	93394Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	104.5 KB ID:	93393Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	135.0 KB ID:	93392Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	154.1 KB ID:	93391Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	161.4 KB ID:	93390Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	249.5 KB ID:	93389Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	158.5 KB ID:	93388Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	132.5 KB ID:	93396
                          Evelyn and I spent the morning at NAWS China Lake and took photos of all aircraft on display at the Museum. One of my favorites is a beautiful TA-4F used to test the HARM missile. I really need one to park in my backyard. :)

Here's walk-around photos for you detail and scale mod folks.

Comment

Hey Bill, thanks! Alpha assembled the jet back in May and no manual left, so I just fly and evaluate regardless. We don't need no stinking manual! Ha ha! ;) Seriously, Ryan did email a manual a few weeks ago, so the next time I pull the Skyhawk out of the truck, I'll verify...just for you, mate! :)
                            Thanks..I know.. Real Skyhawk Pilots don't need manuals..:PLOL

Comment

• No manuals required...just aviator sunglasses, a cool beverage, and a clean pair of pants after the maiden! :)

Comment

• Just gotta love standard issue..LOL

Comment

• Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	176.2 KB ID:	93569Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	116.7 KB ID:	93570Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	116.6 KB ID:	93571Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	114.8 KB ID:	93572 Sometimes things happen that just warm you're heart.

A 6 year old girl by the name of Fabiola, made today very special. Fabiola's parents brought her to Apollo Field to see airplanes. When they arrived, Fabiola immediately started walking over to the Freewing A-4 and the look in her eyes was priceless. I walked over and asked, if she like airplanes? She responded, "I like airplanes!!" I asked if she would like to watch this jet fly up close? She looked at her parents and they both said, "go ahead!" I invited her parents and off we went. I flew a demo flight of the A-4 and during the flight I asked Fabiola how was I doing? She said, "Good! Keep going!" :)

This amazing young girl was locked in the entire time and just loved the jet. If you see a kid at the field showing interest, take time to share this great hobby with them. You'll both be rewarded. Photos below were sent to Fabiola's parents. I hope we see them again. Great day!!

MODEL AVIATION....PASS IT ON!!! :Cool:

Comment

• Too cool Tony..:Cool:

Comment

• Thanks Bill!

Comment

• The little girl is to precious and is about the same age of my grand daughter. That was a good thing you did for her. Bravo Zulu!

Comment

• Way to go, Tony! :Cool: Maybe a future Naval Aviator in the making. :)

Comment

Working...
                                          X