Name:	E28A18DB-8763-4ECA-A48E-F3EA9162243A.jpeg
Views:	943
Size:	119.0 KB
ID:	111099Click image for larger version

Name:	897B7B66-FBBA-427C-9945-4460EC979994.jpeg
Views:	914
Size:	110.9 KB
ID:	111100 My Xmas present freewing hawk T1 in the painting process
    I hope you are not going to have orientation issues once in the sky!

Comment

• The Parallax syndrome, that's true! It'll look like its either coming towards you or away. Be very aware of your control inputs so you know which way the plane is orientated. Are you doing anything else or just black??

Grossman56
      Team Gross!

Comment

• Great advice guys thanks ! And yea there will be a lot more than just black

Comment

• CG CG CG.....BELAEVE IT OR NOT IT STILL FLYS GREAT HAVE REPLACED NO PARTS... GOT MY LANDINGS DOWN NOW .....MAINS FIRST

Comment

• Originally posted by hotrod23t View Post
            CG CG CG.....BELAEVE IT OR NOT IT STILL FLYS GREAT HAVE REPLACED NO PARTS... GOT MY LANDINGS DOWN NOW .....MAINS FIRST
            I feel ya on those landings. I no longer use flaps to land. This plane needs quite a bit of speed upon landing. Your flying location is so tight! props to you for your flying skills.

Comment

• Oh so familiar! Looks like me trying to figure out how to land the Avanti!!
              But yeah, keep the fuse level and control your decent with throttle, then get the nose up and hold it in, commit to it as Ryan would say.
              Actually, I wish he'd do a video on proper landing technique for us who are just moving into EDF's.
              I picked up so much information from Ryan and others at the two Nefi's I attended, should have had a video camera shooting throughout the whole thing!!

Grossman56
              Team Gross!

Comment

• speaking of avanti landings check out this damaage from a bad landind... bounced bad

Comment

• new fuse still in box.... now i fly it like i stole it..... got extra wings rear stab and rear wing all on he shelf... got on scratch and dent less the a c note incl fuse

Comment

• LANDING AT THE GREEN RECTANGLE IS A SKILL ALL ITS OWN.. BUT I FLY ALMOST EVERYDAY ITS MY FIELD IN MY BACK YARD

Comment

• Ok, a question. I'm not really into EDF's. Fly mostly turbines, giant scale and IMAC type planes but would like to delve into the EDF's and try them out. I bought the FW A-10 but sold it immediately because a friend really wanted it badly. If you had a choice of only one EDF plane, what would you get, the Avanti or this Hawk? Both of them intrigue me. Not really interested in all the warbird stuff. Lots of FW F-14, 15's, 16's 18's in our club. Just want something to fly around with. Not really thrilled with the short flight time but I get bored flying the turbines after 6-8 minutes so I guess it's a compromise. Avanti or this Hawk? Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by hotrod23t View Post
                        LANDING AT THE GREEN RECTANGLE IS A SKILL ALL ITS OWN.. BUT I FLY ALMOST EVERYDAY ITS MY FIELD IN MY BACK YARD
                        So, YOU are the one who blew your own plane out of the sky with the shotgun! :<) Repair looks really good considering what you started with...

Comment

• AVANTI OR HAWK....... AVANTI AVANTI AVANTI

Comment

• or in my case both

Comment

• Thanks, Avanti looks less labor intensive. I'd have to get the Gray primer Hawk and paint it in a Navy color. Not interested in the Lead Sled T-45. Saw one fly at our field and it was a battery eater. Had to fly at full throttle most of the time and when he landed after 2:30, batteries were already puffed some. He continued to fly it with no problems, but I want a laid back kind of flyer (If you can call a jet laid back). I've got a bunch of 6S 5000 ma packs.

Comment

• i am running 5000 adimaril batts getting 4 min easy and i fly um like i stole um its a great flying jet

Comment

• jet does not like nose heavy cg cg cg

Comment

• Ok. I was leaning towards the Avanti S anyway. It’ll take awhile for me to pull the trigger anyway. Motion’s very low on anything right now. Many “out of stock” notices including the Avanti. Guessing they do like everybody else and lower inventory Towards the end of the year for tax purposes. They’ll be back in stock soon, I’m sure.

Comment

• I flew 3 batteries new year's eve and 2 out of 3 landings were very smooth. I flew 4 batteries today and I thought I was getting the landings dialed in, but I was wrong. . Only one landing was nice and smooth. All the rest of the landings were bouncy and the last was the worst. I love how this plane flies but hate how it lands. In the beginning, I came in with full flaps. Got the never ending bounce. Came in slow without flaps, never ending bounce. I now come in with speed, never ending bounce. My FW a-10 almost lands itself. Of course it's never the pilot! This plane has a razor thin sweet spot on approach speed and throttle. I'm surprise the 3mm landing gear pins can be bent back so many times without breaking...yet! Very frustrating.

I'm running the Roaring Top 5800mah batteries all the way back. I'm also running the FMS 70mm EDF inrunner. I'm getting 7-8 minute flight times cruising around at 65% throttle. I've move the battery more forward to be a bit more nose heavy thinking the plane's first bounce and nose up is the result of being tail heavy, but I don't think that's an issue. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. Someone give me some suggestions, would be much appreciated.

Thanks and Happy New Year,

GregC

Comment

• i found that it lands better with a 4000 mah flaps on nose up hit the mains first set it down dont drop it. it seems too work for me

Comment

• This plane is completely awesome, guys. It's my absolute favorite. It's the best flying EDF I've ever seen. Does everything and it loves doing it.

Comment

Working...
                                          X