X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mark 2 View Post
    I’m just putting my Hawk together guys, when these first came out a strengthening piece was sent out afterwards to stop the nose from breaking off. I don’t seem to have this piece with my jet, but there is a white plastic piece built in where my screwdriver is pointing in the picture.
    Is this the new strengthening piece or do I need to add something myself? Thanks
    Hi Mark2,
    There were two phases to this TSB ("Technical Service Bulletin").

Phase 1: "Field Fix". All customers who had received Hawks from the first shipment were offered to be sent a clear plastic reinforcement set.

Phase 2: "Factory Fix". All Hawks at the factory received a white plastic reinforcement set. All Hawks since then (well over a year now) have had that factory-installed set inside them. Your picture shows this set factory-installed, so don't worry, you're good to go.

Some potential confusion might stem from the fact that two reinforcement sets are physically different. The clear plastic set sent to customers was wider and covered more visible surface area between the conjoined areas of concern. The white plastic set that is now factory-installed is physically smaller and a different shape, because we changed the Hawk's foam molds themselves.
    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post

Hi Mark2,

Phase 1: "Field Fix". All customers who had received Hawks from the first shipment were offered to be sent a clear plastic reinforcement set.

Phase 2: "Factory Fix". All Hawks at the factory received a white plastic reinforcement set. All Hawks since then (well over a year now) have had that factory-installed set inside them. Your picture shows this set factory-installed, so don't worry, you're good to go.

Some potential confusion might stem from the fact that two reinforcement sets are physically different. The clear plastic set sent to customers was wider and covered more visible surface area between the conjoined areas of concern. The white plastic set that is now factory-installed is physically smaller and a different shape, because we changed the Hawk's foam molds themselves.
      Interesting. I guess I got a Phase 1.5. Mine came with the clear pieces already installed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post

Hi Mark2,

Ah, right thanks Alpha that’s reassuring!

Comment

• Happy to clarify that for you, Mark 2!
          Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• What's the diameter of the nose wheel and main wheels? Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by RCFlyer271 View Post
              What's the diameter of the nose wheel and main wheels? Thanks!
              Nose wheel is 40mm, mains are 50mm

Comment

• Originally posted by Mark 2 View Post

Nose wheel is 40mm, mains are 50mm
                Thanks for info!

Comment

• Looking at buying the ARF+ version of the Freewing Hawk. Has anyone here installed the FMS 70mm 6S V2 12 blade EDF unit in their Hawk?

Comment

• Cheater hole mod:
                    have not maidened the hawk but will have to take off from sand parking lot or grass and wanted to prevent FOD killing the edf....happy with the result. Maiden will tell if it affects power characteristics.
                    I have to say this pnp version is of a very high quality! Went together super easy, everything fits and just a joy to assemble. If it flies as good as it looks we should be golden!

Comment

• I have had the upgraded landing gear in mine since day one and the nose gear trailing link started falling out from, what I discovered later, was a missing clip. Anyway, before I realized that I went ahead and ordered a whole new set (since you can't get just the nose gear separate) of the upgraded landing gear once they were back in stock. Decided since I was replacing the nose, I would go ahead and replace the mains too while I was at it since the tires were getting a bit worn from asphalt. When I put the new mains in, they didn't fit! After pulling everything back out, I found the main struts on the new sets are longer and causing them not to fit. No clue why they would've changed that but it was a bit frustrating. I ended up putting my original set back in but now these are useless as backups and I paid $45 for a trailing link nose gear!
                      Attached Files

Comment

• That issue has been reported on several different occasions.... I have the upgrade, but I have never taken the Hawk out of the box...….. :Straight-Face::Straight-Face::Straight-Face:

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
                          That issue has been reported on several different occasions.... I have the upgrade, but I have never taken the Hawk out of the box...….. :Straight-Face::Straight-Face::Straight-Face:
                          I guess I missed that somewhere along the way. Pretty interesting that if it has been reported multiple times, they haven't changed or corrected it. These were ordered 3/27/19 as soon as they came back in stock so this was a fresh shipment.

Comment

• I know!!!!! I just can't speak to that issue since I have not tried to fit them.... Some folks have no issues, and other say they don't fit!! Go figure!!!! Sorry to not have more data Bro!!! :Thinking:

Comment

• Love you guys on the forum!!! You are the best ever!!!!!!!!!!!! :Cool:

Comment

• I know I am preaching to the choir here but MRC's customer service shined again today. I sent in a ticket this morning about the upgraded gear being too long. Had an email from Martin within an hour issuing a refund for the gear. I didn't ask for a refund or anything, mostly wanted to let them know about. But, they refunded them and apologized for the part being wrong. Pretty impressive service as always!

Comment

• Added led afterburner today. 64mm fits best just behind the edf. Minor little foam removal. Added silver ductape to the exhaust inner using the long rod that came with the hawk. Results are pretty impressive. I have to test it in flight to see how both the led and hawk performance. Very easy mod! I’ll add a video later
                                  Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Andre B View Post
                                    Added led afterburner today. 64mm fits best just behind the edf. Minor little foam removal. Added silver ductape to the exhaust inner using the long rod that came with the hawk. Results are pretty impressive. I have to test it in flight to see how both the led and hawk performance. Very easy mod! I’ll add a video later
                                    Very cool!!! Nice install! Welcome to the Squawk!! Jerry :Cool::Cool::Cool:

Comment

• Here’s the vid of the result. 16 usd cost (I already had the ductape). Super easy install. Cables easily go where the rudder and elevator cables go. Then just plug it in the receiver throttle with the y plug and other cable in the battery balance port.

Comment

• Andre,

Will you be flying from grass or a paved runway? I fly from grass and find that the stock freewing hawk has marginal power to get off of the grass. There have been times Ive had to abort my takeoff.

It seems with your LED ring you have effectively reduced the diameter of the fan to 64mm. That, along with the FOD screen could be trouble on the maiden.

Make sure you have a good long runway and abort in time if necessary.

Let us know how it goes.
                                        Super Airliner, Corsair, Viper, BAE Hawk, L-39, A-6, PC-21, B-25, T-28, GeeBee, Wildcat, Stinson, F-16, F-4

Comment

• Originally posted by vdanger View Post
                                          Andre,

Will you be flying from grass or a paved runway? I fly from grass and find that the stock freewing hawk has marginal power to get off of the grass. There have been times Ive had to abort my takeoff.

It seems with your LED ring you have effectively reduced the diameter of the fan to 64mm. That, along with the FOD screen could be trouble on the maiden.

Make sure you have a good long runway and abort in time if necessary.

Let us know how it goes.
                                          I take off from a sand/gravel parking lot and have no issues, the mesh does not seem to hinder it too much it. I was also able to take off from grass once but just barely as the grass is fairly long so prefer the parking lot. This Saturday I’ll try the led setup and see if I lost any power.....

Comment

Working...
                                          X