Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A grill is what I ment. Are these two things yours. I dont have a printer but would be intrested in buying them from someone who could print them.

Comment

• Originally posted by MeyerVW View Post
      A grill is what I ment. Are these two things yours.
      "Grill for cheater intake on Freewing F-35 V3
      by kallend November 08, 2019"

"Nozzle for Freewing F-35 V3
      by kallend November 21, 2020"

Comment

• Originally posted by SanExup View Post
        Ok, it is the A variant wings and all, but a touch of spray paint helps to pretend it's the C. Click image for larger version

Name:	20210527_075311.jpg
Views:	1028
Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	316323
        would love for Alpha to put us on a real C model in a 80mm.

Comment

• I added this jet to my fleet, 8 flights yesterday and 4 more today, it is a bit addicting! As always thank you everyone who contributes to these threads for helping my first flights go smoothly. Maybe tomorrow I'll post my throws but generally I found the manual CG to be perfect. I overcompensated with too little aileron throw initially but now I'm happy with it, certainly it is still less than what the manual called for. I adjusted my elevator so it won't snap out with full up in low rates. For stab trim I think I'm at about 5mm instead of the manuals 4mm neutral. The first flight needed 13 clicks of down trim. I don't have much rudder throw either, now I can hold full rudder (low rate) in a K/E pass. In high rates a bit more throw gets Lightning fast snaps! I did a kind of "poor mans" spoilerons by just manually adjusting the ailerons so they are about 1.5mm up from neutral all the time, so I don't get the full effect of a "landing mode" but I'm sure it helps with stability based on what you all said about that. Note that on high performance gliders a small amount of spoilers is often called "speed mode" so there's really no big drawback to losing a little bit of lift when flying fast under power. I'm using the Eagle A-3 gyro fed by S-Bus. Impressive little unit for the price. But the F-35 seems really stable with it off too. I'm using Zeee 4000 mAh 60c packs, 4 minute flights and no hurry landings after the buzzer still has all 12 fights between 26-30% remaining. It's a fast and clean little jet, looks terrific in the air, easy to land, not slow exactly, but really easy to spot the landings. I really like it! Now I just need to get my "booty" on board, see you at the field Gooniac ;)

Comment

• Hallo schreibe aus Germany.bin mit dem neuen CG und 5000er HRB 6s geflogen.CG passt einwandfrei

Comment

• I have my eye on this one, and the f86 and actually both are in the cart. I also have a spare 80mm fan to play with in this one. Are there anything other than ground handling I need to keep an eye on?

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
                I have my eye on this one, and the f86 and actually both are in the cart. I also have a spare 80mm fan to play with in this one. Are there anything other than ground handling I need to keep an eye on?
                I put an Assan steering gyro in mine and it completely cured the ground handling issues I had.

Comment

• Sounds good to me. I'm kinda looking for something small and zippy, hence why I'm thinking about pushing an 80mm into it. I know it's alittle meat to carve out, but seems like the end results would be worth it.

Comment

• I've got both the F-86 and F-35. The 86 is a nice, stable platform for leisurely flying. It's not terribly fast, even with an upgraded inrunner in it, but is predictable in everything it does. The 35 is fast and with an 80mm in it, will be a holy terror. Augering 5mm of foam wouldn't be my first choice but if you're good at it, give it a go. You'll need to dial down the rates as it can be quite sensitive, even on the stock recommended low rates. I had a hard time controlling it until I put a HobbyEagle gyro in it. Now, it's quite a pleasurable flying experience. I put a few Assan steering gyros in some of my more "ground squirrelly" planes, but my 35 doesn't seem to need it.

Comment

• Yes sir I've carved out room for a 70mm in an old 65mm f35 before then added some thrust vectoring. Man that was a blast to fly on 4s at the time.

Comment

• Got the 86 and 35 on the way. I think I'm going to install a stabilizer in the 35 and leave the 86 as is. Just gonna pull the reciever out of my printed 35 and put it in this one. I figured the 86 would be stable enough that it wouldn't need a stabilizer

Comment

• Flew my 35 today, I'm really happy with it. Plenty of power and speed

Comment

• rifleman_btx Nice! Completely stock? Are you using a dedicated steering gyro or feel the need for one?

Comment

• I've gone completely stock all around. Seems to be working well so far. Put 3 flights on today

Comment

• Nice, I haven't flown mine yet but have seen it fly in stock form and it seemed plenty fast with plenty of thrust. His struggled with tracking, which is why I've been hesitant but I know it can vary from model to model. And is determined by abuse a little too. I need to just go fly it.

Comment

• It's one plane that stands above the rest in terms of brightness and looks really good with an afterburner.

Comment

• Yes indeed i just punched it off the runway and got her into the air. Made some huge loops with it. I really love how she flys

Comment

• Originally posted by SanExup View Post
                                      It's one plane that stands above the rest in terms of brightness and looks really good with an afterburner.
                                      Looks even better with one of my nozzles.

A more accurate and heavier nozzle for the F-35 V3. The existing foam nozzle plugs into the rear fuselage and is held in place with tacky glue. It is easily removed and this fits in its place. I suggest taping over the join inside the tailpipe to help ensure a smooth airflow. Being heavier than the foam nozzle, this can be used as tailweight in case the CG needs to be moved aft.

Comment

• kallend Your F35 nozzle is outstanding! I plan on getting a printer this fall when the weather turns. If I can wait that long, but I must fly as much as I can, while it's nice out. I have a few of your creations saved for printing. This one I must have!

Comment

• Hallo,Grüße aus Deutschland. Habe eine Frage. Ist es möglich in die f35 anstatt den 70er zu lassen einen 80er EDF einzubauen.danke

Comment

Working...
                                          X