X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by N42375 View Post
    Has anyone gotten a max speed timing on the F-35 yet? My F-16 has hit 102MPH. Just wondering how it compares. The F-86 in sub 100MPH,while the Bae Hawk might be a little faster than the F-16. Yak-130 is the low 90's. Timing on GPS or radar gun.?
    It is over 100 but not sure how much. No less than 110mph but not sure of the exact number.
    Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
    I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• Originally posted by gooniac33 View Post

It is over 100 but not sure how much. No less than 110mph but not sure of the exact number.
      if you want speed from a stock or near stock setup, an F-5 or Mirage 2000 seems to be the way to go.

Comment

• Originally posted by kallend View Post

if you want speed from a stock or near stock setup, an F-5 or Mirage 2000 seems to be the way to go.
        I totally agree! This plane isn't going to be really fast because of that big gaping hole in the bottom. It is pretty fast for what it is though!
        I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• Quick question, does anyone know of the proper CG in the Freewing 70mm F-35 V3 (2019 Version)? I'm using an Admiral 4000mAh 6S 22.2V 40C LiPo Battery. Should I move the battery back towards the edf? Any help would be appreciated!

Comment

• Originally posted by F16fan98 View Post
            Quick question, does anyone know of the proper CG in the Freewing 70mm F-35 V3 (2019 Version)? I'm using an Admiral 4000mAh 6S 22.2V 40C LiPo Battery. Should I move the battery back towards the edf? Any help would be appreciated!
            The CG was revised after the original manual was put out. Go to the product page "support" to see the new CG. As for where to put the battery, it doesn't matter what battery you're using. CG is CG. It goes where it needs to go to balance the plane.

Click image for larger version

Name:	f-35v3cg.jpg
Views:	701
Size:	156.1 KB
ID:	307054

Comment

Quick question, does anyone know of the proper CG in the Freewing 70mm F-35 V3 (2019 Version)? I'm using an Admiral 4000mAh 6S 22.2V 40C LiPo Battery. Should I move the battery back towards the edf? Any help would be appreciated!
              Here is the revised CG Taken from the manual F-35 V3
              Click image for larger version

Name:	CGF35.jpg
Views:	716
Size:	85.7 KB
ID:	307077

Comment

• Quick question, while taking off I noticed that the Frewwing F-35 gets a little squirrelly when I go to take off and I went off the runway. Lucky I didn't damaged anything. Is it possible to install a dual wheel front nose gear to make it more stable? Such as the dual nose gear on the Jas-39 Gripen nose gear. I'd appreciate any help.

Comment

Quick question, while taking off I noticed that the Frewwing F-35 gets a little squirrelly when I go to take off and I went off the runway. Lucky I didn't damaged anything. Is it possible to install a dual wheel front nose gear to make it more stable? Such as the dual nose gear on the Jas-39 Gripen nose gear. I'd appreciate any help.
                  A dual wheel may not help in this case. The wheelbase on the F-35 is short so it does tend to wander from side to side. Install an Assan steering gyro. I've started putting one in my "squirrelly" planes and it makes the plane go where you point it. Line it up down the runway and don't touch the rudder stick again.

They're out of stock at the moment but see if you can get it elsewhere. I bought a 5 pack.

PS. I don't use this gyro on my F-35 as it's manageable on low rudder rate.

Comment

Quick question, while taking off I noticed that the Frewwing F-35 gets a little squirrelly when I go to take off and I went off the runway. Lucky I didn't damaged anything. Is it possible to install a dual wheel front nose gear to make it more stable? Such as the dual nose gear on the Jas-39 Gripen nose gear. I'd appreciate any help.
                    Assan Steering Gyro cured mine.

Comment

• Pix from this weekends warbird event. Also keep in mind that mine has been upgraded to an 80mm FMS unit as well! This plane is so much fun to fly! Always was but even more now!!
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by gooniac33 View Post
                        Pix from this weekends warbird event. Also keep in mind that mine has been upgraded to an 80mm FMS unit as well! This plane is so much fun to fly! Always was but even more now!!
                        That’s a lot of foam to auger out.

Comment

• That was my thought. Putting that 80mm FMS Platinum Pro V2 2100kv unit in my FW F5 to T-38A conversion was a bit of a pain...even with a dremel, to get it right.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                            That’s a lot of foam to auger out.
                            Nah wasnt all that bad... the thrust is an added bonus now!!

Comment

• Hello. I just bought one of these. I may put in my Aura8 gyro. Never use them but may try it iut on this aircraft.
                              Are there any little things I should address before flying it?

Comment

• Be very careful of aileron travel i would think 5 too 8 mm travel to start go from ther.. fun plane to fly.... icut 1 inch,, 25mm from internal part of aeilerons.. glued it to wings .. i have since increased travel,,,, more roll control,, 4 me... pics previous on this thread

Comment

• Thank you. I dont think any of my freewing aircraft are ever at full throws for the surfaces. The factory uses a crazy high rate.

Comment

• Received mine yesterday. Very nice looking aircraft. I would like some sort of cover for the cheater hole. I dont have a printer so I need someone who has the parts. I did install a nose brace and love the fit.

Comment

• Ok, it is the A variant wings and all, but a touch of spray paint helps to pretend it's the C. Click image for larger version

Name:	20210527_075311.jpg
Views:	1028
Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	316323

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by MeyerVW View Post
                                          Received mine yesterday. Very nice looking aircraft. I would like some sort of cover for the cheater hole. I dont have a printer so I need someone who has the parts. I did install a nose brace and love the fit.
                                          I wouldn't cover the cheater hole, the poor thing is so heavy it needs all the air it can get.

Here is a grill to help keep out debris:

The Freewing F-35 V3 has a large cheater intake in the belly which can ingest grass or other foreign objects, potentially damaging the fan. This grill helps prevent that, and needs no foam carving in order to fit. Just make sure it is firmly glued in place.

And a replacement nozzle that doesn't look as cheesy as the stock one.

A more accurate and heavier nozzle for the F-35 V3. The existing foam nozzle plugs into the rear fuselage and is held in place with tacky glue. It is easily removed and this fits in its place. I suggest taping over the join inside the tailpipe to help ensure a smooth airflow. Being heavier than the foam nozzle, this can be used as tailweight in case the CG needs to be moved aft.

Comment

Working...
                                          X