Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wouldn't fly with anything over 600g in 70mm, especially the F-35 which already needs to go on a diet.

Comment

• Originally posted by suzook1 View Post
      Hello all. First timer here. I have a battery question. Can I go up to a 6000mah on this jet? looking at this one. https://www.amazon.com/Zeee-Connecto...ustomerReviews
      I am flying mine on the Admiral 6c 3300 mah 30c the weight on this battery is 488g I have 5 of these. the other jet I like this battery in is my Eflite Twin 64 mm A-10 EDF and I get 4 minute flghts with both planes One other battery I would like to try are the Roaring Top For the higher c rating they have in stock.

Comment

• Freewing 70mm F35 3D flight

Comment

• Originally posted by suzook1 View Post
          Hello all. First timer here. I have a battery question. Can I go up to a 6000mah on this jet? looking at this one. https://www.amazon.com/Zeee-Connecto...ustomerReviews
          You don't need that pack in this plane. I have flown it with a 65C 5000 and that worked fine but was totally unnecessary. My batteries of choice are the 6s 30c 5000 for laid back flights and 6s 70c 4000 for the hot rod flights! Keep in mind that elevator throw and aileron throw very important with this plane! The aileron throw should be cut way down because the recommendations in the manual are way too aggressive! I am at 45% of recommended throw for aileron. Not sure of the exact number for elevator but its way less... I always set it to where the plane will not snap with full deflection at any speed. that is especially important when landing...
          Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
          I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• USAF F-35A Demo Team Launching out our Freewing 70mm F-35’s. Five F-35s in a gaggle flight.
            Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by 4923crew View Post
              USAF F-35A Demo Team Launching out our Freewing 70mm F-35’s. Five F-35s in a gaggle flight.
              very cool

Comment

• Originally posted by jkallend View Post
                My F-35 V3 is very squirrely on the ground - more so than any other EDF I own (including the Avanti which is notorious for this).

All the retracts are secure with little slop, the wheels are true, aligned and run freely, and I have a brace on the nosegear but nothing seems to improve the ground handling.

Has anyone else encountered this? And if so, how did you fix it?
                Assan G61 nose steering gyro $18.99. Put one in my F-35 and it track like an arrow.

Comment

• Hi guys remaidend my f35 thismorn. New fuse. No crash this time. If anyone cares. I took 1 inch off the inboard ailerons. Glued it to the wings Found it hard to manage previously. ... Just an intermediate pilot. This time still with 10 or 12 mm aileron travel. It was a blast. Fun little rocketship

Comment

• In case, like me, you need tailweight to move the CG back to where you want it, I created a 3D printed nozzle to replace the foam one. It weighs about 60g (depends on the printing parameters). It is also more accurate.

STL fie is at:

A more accurate and heavier nozzle for the F-35 V3. The existing foam nozzle plugs into the rear fuselage and is held in place with tacky glue. It is easily removed and this fits in its place. I suggest taping over the join inside the tailpipe to help ensure a smooth airflow. Being heavier than the foam nozzle, this can be used as tailweight in case the CG needs to be moved aft.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Nice detailing on the nozzle kallend! If I ever replace the FW EDF with a lighter unit--I'll seriously consider using that. Looks SO much better than the stock foam one.
                      DB
                      Originally posted by kallend View Post
                      In case, like me, you need tailweight to move the CG back to where you want it, I created a 3D printed nozzle to replace the foam one. It weighs about 60g (depends on the printing parameters). It is also more accurate.

Comment

• Here is my shorter ailerons if any one cares

Comment

• Originally posted by Reaper911 View Post

Assan G61 nose steering gyro $18.99. Put one in my F-35 and it track like an arrow.

https://www.rc-castle.com/index.php?...arch=assan+g61
                          Thanks. I put one in mine and it certainly improves the ground handling. Easy install.

Comment

• Can someone help me with the colour codes of my F-35?
                            Have to make some fix paintings after a bad flight.
                            I'm going to airbrush it.

Comment

• I have repaird mine more than i would like to admit. B4 my new fuse. I paint cars 4 a living. If u buy black and white paint. And mix. About half and half. U will b close. Ad either as req. ..... Acrylic paint is good with a fifty percent thinner

Comment

• Sorry but unless its major repair. Use a brush. .... Ads to the. Weathering effect

Comment

• I have a Badger 150 airbrush, and at first going to use some Wonderfill to smooth wrinkles. Click image for larger version

Name:	20201207_162135.jpg
Views:	622
Size:	140.7 KB
ID:	289590

Comment

• So my F-35 was bought second hand and has given me some issues ever since I have had it. It is a blast to fly but never really has been my own... so I gutted it and will be getting a kit plus to start over. I will also be changing out the fan unit to something I have used in a couple other planes that worked really well and sounds much different that the other stuff out there. I will be using the Powerfun 12 blade unit with a Cyclone 2960 2200kv inrunner. Should be pretty good in this plane! My FMS F-18 really came to life with this set up and the SkySword really liked that set up! Will get started on it next week when it arrives...
                                    I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• Originally posted by gooniac33 View Post
                                      So my F-35 was bought second hand and has given me some issues ever since I have had it. It is a blast to fly but never really has been my own... so I gutted it and will be getting a kit plus to start over. I will also be changing out the fan unit to something I have used in a couple other planes that worked really well and sounds much different that the other stuff out there. I will be using the Powerfun 12 blade unit with a Cyclone 2960 2200kv inrunner. Should be pretty good in this plane! My FMS F-18 really came to life with this set up and the SkySword really liked that set up! Will get started on it next week when it arrives...
                                      My F-35 is also second hand. Plane was in that condition after first flight. I'm going to fix it and program flaperons. What do You think about that?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tilehtin View Post

My F-35 is also second hand. Plane was in that condition after first flight. I'm going to fix it and program flaperons. What do You think about that?
                                        A friend has this plane and reflex (spoilerons) actually works better for this plane. Less prone to stall and it gets it nice and draggy for slower touch downs...

Comment

• Originally posted by gooniac33 View Post

A friend has this plane and reflex (spoilerons) actually works better for this plane. Less prone to stall and it gets it nice and draggy for slower touch downs...
                                          I use spoilerons with my f35 and it's amazing. Let's you pull some nice high alpha flybys an landings.

It's quite stunnig how well spoilerons work with this!!¡!!

Comment

Working...
                                          X