First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kallend
    replied
    Originally posted by WarbirdFan66 View Post

Really nice job on the armament BenOzzy, did you use the pylons that are on thingiverse and did you modify those? Im asking because i found the originals not to be fitting that well to the wing of the Gripen, or did you design your own maybe?...yours look really nice, specially with all the missles and tanks on it.
    I think he said he used my pylons from Thingiverse. They fit my Gripen perfectly (as you might expect). What problem did you have with them, exactly?

If people let me know of issues I can generally fix them pretty quickly.

Leave a comment:

• BenOzzy94
    replied
    Originally posted by HockeyMac! View Post
    Ben do you want to let me know the resizing you did for the drop tanks? Those are my design and I can make adjustments to them :)
    Will do when I get a chance

Leave a comment:

• HockeyMac!
    replied
    Ben do you want to let me know the resizing you did for the drop tanks? Those are my design and I can make adjustments to them :)

Leave a comment:

• BenOzzy94
    replied
    Originally posted by WarbirdFan66 View Post

Really nice job on the armament BenOzzy, did you use the pylons that are on thingiverse and did you modify those? Im asking because i found the originals not to be fitting that well to the wing of the Gripen, or did you design your own maybe?...yours look really nice, specially with all the missles and tanks on it.
    I used the ones on thingiverse. I just slightly adjusted them with heat after they were printed to fit the bulges in the wings

Leave a comment:

• WarbirdFan66
    replied
    Originally posted by BenOzzy94 View Post
    Waiting for decent weather so messing around with my new ordnance instead....

Leave a comment:

• Airguardian
    replied
    That's so sick, love it! :DDD

Leave a comment:

• BenOzzy94
    replied
    Waiting for decent weather so messing around with my new ordnance instead. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20221013_224630.jpg
Views:	497
Size:	120.1 KB
ID:	358962Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20221013_224353.jpg
Views:	531
Size:	108.3 KB
ID:	358963Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20221013_224655.jpg
Views:	510
Size:	117.5 KB
ID:	358964Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20221013_224324.jpg
Views:	512
Size:	115.9 KB
ID:	358965Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20221013_224459.jpg
Views:	508
Size:	117.7 KB
ID:	358966Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20221013_224045.jpg
Views:	504
Size:	114.2 KB
ID:	358967Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20221013_224255.jpg
Views:	497
Size:	103.3 KB
ID:	358968Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20221013_224605.jpg
Views:	500
Size:	117.6 KB
ID:	358969Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20221013_224228.jpg
Views:	511
Size:	109.8 KB
ID:	358970

Leave a comment:

• Airguardian
    replied
    Thanks it's appreciated!
    Someday I'll get a friend to print these for mine :)

Leave a comment:

• kallend
    replied
    I resized the Meteor missiles to 1:9 scale for the Gripen.

Print as light as possible except for the mounting lug (if used). To stabilize printing vertically, some breakaway pads are added to the forward section. Remove after printing. Underwing pylons for the Gripen are here: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4713773

Leave a comment:

• Airguardian
    replied
    Thanks, bookmarked! ^^

Leave a comment:

• BenOzzy94
    replied
    Originally posted by kallend View Post

I probably should rework the Meteors to correct scale for the Gripen (the FMS Rafale is close but not exact). I have some AMRAAMs too that I can scale to fit;

I don't do drop tanks!
    Yeah the drop tanks aren't yours. they're good just a little small. not much work to resize them.

Leave a comment:

• kallend
    replied

Hi Kallend, the Iris T certainly is yours as are the pylons. I also have your sidewinders ready to go too :)
    the drop tanks could do with re scaling as they're more 1/10 scale than 1/9
    I probably should rework the Meteors to correct scale for the Gripen (the FMS Rafale is close but not exact). I have some AMRAAMs too that I can scale to fit;

I don't do drop tanks!

Leave a comment:

• BenOzzy94
    replied
    Originally posted by kallend View Post

The Iris T looks like mine:

1:9 scale IRIS-T missile with lug to fit Freewing Gripen wingtip rail. The nose section has some breakaway parts that look like fins to support it upright while printing. These are not part of the missile - remove after printing. Will need supports. Underwing pylons at https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4713773

and pylons:

These are a modified versions of the missile pylons by Bettsmums. These have their own mounting hardware. The lug and socket are the same as the Freewing standard. and should be printed separately with high infill for strength. The main body needs to be light - I used 10% infill. A socket is also placed under the wing so the rail can be removed. Depending on the accuracy of the printer, the lug and socket may need to be trimmed to make a good but not loose sliding fit. Be aware that there are small differences between the inner and outer pylons. They go immediately ahead of the bulges on the underside of the wing. Bettsmums' original is at https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4708956

I also have a Meteor that would fit (it's correct scale for the Rafale):

And Sidewinders for the Gripen:

Sidewinder at 1/9 scale for Freewing Gripen. Lug fits the keyhole in the wingtip rail. The mid section has breakaway support at the base to stabilize during upright printing. They look like fins with pads at the base. They can easily be removed after printing. Suggest printing lug solid for strength, 15% infill for the rest.

Other stuff too that you may find handy:

https://www.thingiverse.com/kallend/designs
    Hi Kallend, the Iris T certainly is yours as are the pylons. I also have your sidewinders ready to go too :)
    the drop tanks could do with re scaling as they're more 1/10 scale than 1/9

Leave a comment:

• kallend
    replied
    Originally posted by Airguardian View Post
    Awesome! Send some pics from above too! :D
    Is it 3DP?
    Do you have the files?
    The Iris T looks like mine:

1:9 scale IRIS-T missile with lug to fit Freewing Gripen wingtip rail. The nose section has some breakaway parts that look like fins to support it upright while printing. These are not part of the missile - remove after printing. Will need supports. Underwing pylons at https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4713773

and pylons:

I also have a Meteor that would fit (it's correct scale for the Rafale):

Meteor missile scaled for the FMS Rafale. The nose section has breakaway parts that look like fins to stabilize it during printing. Remove these from the finished part. There is also a pylon that fits the underwing keyhole slots on the wing. Print with minimal infill and thin walls to save weight, except the mounting lug which needs to be strong.

And Sidewinders for the Gripen:

Sidewinder at 1/9 scale for Freewing Gripen. Lug fits the keyhole in the wingtip rail. The mid section has breakaway support at the base to stabilize during upright printing. They look like fins with pads at the base. They can easily be removed after printing. Suggest printing lug solid for strength, 15% infill for the rest.

Other stuff too that you may find handy:

Leave a comment:

• BenOzzy94
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	received_470209505127963.jpg
Views:	380
Size:	115.6 KB
ID:	358708
    Originally posted by Airguardian View Post
    Is it 3DP?
    Do you have the files?
    Yeah they're 3DP.
    got the files from thingiverse and had a buddy print them.

I might get him to reprint them in lightweight PLA with less infill

Leave a comment:

• SgtRay
    replied
    Added some ordnance, probably won't fly with all this on as it puts the AUW to 3.6kg Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20221009_232346.jpg
Views:	352
Size:	77.2 KB
ID:	358675
    But it looks cool 😎 so there's that 😏

Leave a comment:

• Airguardian
    replied
    Is it 3DP?
    Do you have the files?

Leave a comment:

• BenOzzy94
    replied
    Added some ordnance, probably won't fly with all this on as it puts the AUW to 3.6kg Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20221009_232346.jpg
Views:	352
Size:	77.2 KB
ID:	358675

Leave a comment:

• BenOzzy94
    replied
    duplicate
    Last edited by BenOzzy94; Oct 10, 2022, 02:24 AM. Reason: duplicate

Leave a comment:

• Airguardian
    replied