X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by roys001 View Post
    I just finished my re-maiden on my 90mm F-16 after replacing the power system with the new F-22 8s in runner motor and speed control. I'm running it on 2 Admiral 4s 5000 batteries. The battery location moved forward about a half of an inch with the 4s batteries mounted side by side. I had replaced the original power system with a JP fan but it still lacked the punch needed for the plane to fly like an F-16. With the 8s system, the plane performs wonderfully. Plenty of power and great speed. With good throttle management I can get 4 minute flights with plenty of fun stunts. This is such a good airframe, I just had to punch up the performance. The next project is to paint it with the Nellis AFB Aggressor colors.
    I put the same system in mine and in the stock location it did seem tail heavy your half inch forward saved the day

I measured cg with 4000s but I can get fives and sizes to fit

What size battery are you using?

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnnyrabuse View Post

I put the same system in mine and in the stock location it did seem tail heavy your half inch forward saved the day

I measured cg with 4000s but I can get fives and sizes to fit

What size battery are you using?
      Oops never mind I see five thousands my 4s should be good for 3 mins mixed flying 5s for four and sizes ......haha five ?????

Comment

• BTW I took off my rails and replaced them with f5 rails spot on fit no more rail rash

Comment

• Originally posted by Phantom View Post
          Yeah Hugh they sell out pretty fast, but they also stock them regularly. I use the twin 4200's in the majority of my birds, but some like my Venom won't work with the 4200's.
          Phantom the HobbyStar 8000's just came available on ebay from RC Juice here in the states, and in the first 4 hours of them hitting the open market, 36 were sold, fortunately 4 of those to me. Can't wait to drop them in my F-16 (and the SU-30) and see if I get a significant increase in time (I'll even take an extra 45 seconds to a minute and be happy with that) and if these birds will even get off the grass with the extra weight over a RT 5500 (increase in weight of 110g).
          Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
          Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post

Phantom the HobbyStar 8000's just came available on ebay from RC Juice here in the states, and in the first 4 hours of them hitting the open market, 36 were sold, fortunately 4 of those to me. Can't wait to drop them in my F-16 (and the SU-30) and see if I get a significant increase in time (I'll even take an extra 45 seconds to a minute and be happy with that) and if these birds will even get off the grass with the extra weight over a RT 5500 (increase in weight of 110g).
            2500mah additional over the 5500 for only 110g, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised with additional flight time in your F-16. You and I have different power setups so I'm curious as to how much more additional time you'll get, so please don't forget to post it here.

Comment

2500mah additional over the 5500 for only 110g, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised with additional flight time in your F-16. You and I have different power setups so I'm curious as to how much more additional time you'll get, so please don't forget to post it here.
              Just doing a mathematical calculation of the additional 2500 mah (but not considering the extra weight effects), it should translate to at least a minute or more. If I remember correctly, you're using the FMS 6S setup (or are you using and 8S setup), correct? On your post showing power draws from a few back, the HS 8000 was at something like 2880 watts and 121 Amps on your FMS fan. I'm using the 12 blade 4068-1835 Kv Freewing inrunner and all I can say is that on the RT 5500 70 C, it's drawing 2850 watts and 119 Amps, so similar, but still less than you got on the 8000, but I have no idea if any of that translates to more thrust, speed or what. I can "feel" and hear the difference in the RT 6250 35C which draws only 2600 watts and 114 amps and requires about 20 more feet of grass to get off on, but once in the air, both batteries "seem" about the same since the power draws are highest with dead air flowing through at take-off versus air entering at 60 mph or more while in flight. I know you have much more technical knowledge regarding this stuff than I do, so your input is always much appreciated. If I can get it off the deck, fly it around with a few vertical maneuvers, and land it without any mishaps, that's a win in my book.
              Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
              Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post

Just doing a mathematical calculation of the additional 2500 mah (but not considering the extra weight effects), it should translate to at least a minute or more. If I remember correctly, you're using the FMS 6S setup (or are you using and 8S setup), correct? On your post showing power draws from a few back, the HS 8000 was at something like 2880 watts and 121 Amps on your FMS fan. I'm using the 12 blade 4068-1835 Kv Freewing inrunner and all I can say is that on the RT 5500 70 C, it's drawing 2850 watts and 119 Amps, so similar, but still less than you got on the 8000, but I have no idea if any of that translates to more thrust, speed or what. I can "feel" and hear the difference in the RT 6250 35C which draws only 2600 watts and 114 amps and requires about 20 more feet of grass to get off on, but once in the air, both batteries "seem" about the same since the power draws are highest with dead air flowing through at take-off versus air entering at 60 mph or more while in flight. I know you have much more technical knowledge regarding this stuff than I do, so your input is always much appreciated. If I can get it off the deck, fly it around with a few vertical maneuvers, and land it without any mishaps, that's a win in my book.
                I just got back from the new airfield flying my A-10. The nose gear door got snagged on some weeds on take off causing the door to jam the nose gear on it's way to the closed position. I was having too much fun to notice it at first, but once I did I dropped the gear did a gear pass to check, 3 down, and brought her in for a landing. 2 minutes 55 seconds of flight time 71% still remaining on the HS 8000mah 6s 100C. They have about 70 cycles a piece on them so far. I popped the nipples on the nose doors back in their holes and took off with the same lipos installed and flew for another 3 enthusiastic minutes, 41 and 42% remaining. I love em. Just wish they weren't a buck 59 a piece.

Comment

• Got out today for a few flights today but the early afternoon rains hit, so just got 12 flights in, 3 each on 4 jets including the F-16. Had my Wild Weasel version this time. Only getting 3:30 minutes but still using the RT 5500 70 C waiting for the Hobbystar 8000's to come in, as well as an order of HRB 6000 50C (with 100C burst). I was going to try the RT 6250 35C to see how the flight time was (did use them twice before but I already know that the lower C battery gets 7-9% less take-off thrust) but the F-4 and F-18 (both outrunners so they do fine on a lower C battery) hogged them (also ordered some more 6250's, so still in short supply for those until they get here). I'm just really impressed with the F-16's flight characteristics with the inrunner the more I fly it and it just lands nose up so well (not that I'm an expert with these jets, just that the F-16 & F-18 seem to do it naturally at the right speed with only slight back pressure on the elevator).

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200629_101110.jpg
Views:	667
Size:	268.3 KB
ID:	261979
                  Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

• Always dig your cool jets Hugh! I have to get mine down from the garage ceiling...Haven't flown mine in awhile. Got on my 90mm F-22 kick (great jet!) but since that jet virtually flies itself I need to keep current on this F-16 to keep me on my toes, lol.
                    My YouTube RC videos:
                    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Ok guys I have waited enough.... time to get a Thunderbird!!! I am about to order one now... then will plan to mess with power set ups!
                      Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
                      I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros View Post
                        Always dig your cool jets Hugh! I have to get mine down from the garage ceiling...Haven't flown mine in awhile. Got on my 90mm F-22 kick (great jet!) but since that jet virtually flies itself I need to keep current on this F-16 to keep me on my toes, lol.
                        It does keep us on our toes, that's for sure! Since I love your Arctic camo version, I'll come over and help you take it down from the ceiling, but you have to watch me carefully, I'd also stick it in my truck and speed off with it!
                        Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

• Just as long as you leave behind my 105mm HSD Arctic Camo we're all good.
                          My YouTube RC videos:
                          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros View Post
                            Just as long as you leave behind my 105mm HSD Arctic Camo we're all good.
                            Not a chance, that's going in first!! But you don't need to include any batteries, unless you're feeling really generous!
                            Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

• Originally posted by gooniac33 View Post
                              Ok guys I have waited enough.... time to get a Thunderbird!!! I am about to order one now... then will plan to mess with power set ups!
                              Finally we talked you into a 90mm F-16.
                              Had two T-Birds myself, look awesome and fly great, make sure you put a coat of finish of some sort, it will yellow on you, then it's ugly.

Comment

• Maidened my F16 with the F22 8 cell setup used 4000 mAh 4s no foam carving battery's pushed up past magnets to exactly the foam block on the cockpit got perfect cg

30 percent faster extremely good verticsl now after it's on step on takeoff it hangs a little on the first turn but not to bad

I fly tailerons only and fifty low 100 high flaps settles in for a fifty to seventy five foot roll out

Perfectly but there's one thing chopping throttle on landing is a no no it will drop like a stone

Half throttle it's about the same as 3/4 6s full throttle it's really good at about thirty percent more speed and about 40 percent more vertical

2.30 flight time cranking.... landing at 2.30 14 percent left

conservatively flown I can get 300 with 14 percent left

Joy to fly now next time up I'll load 5000s

I'm going to put this system in my F15 next

Comment

• I've also heard the freezing f22 8 system can handle tens ???

Anybody know if this is the case and also I'm going create some venting for the battery compartment

Comment

• I own both 90mm f16 and f15 the f16 feels lighter and for me flys better

Comment

• Originally posted by jefd36 View Post
                                      I own both 90mm f16 and f15 the f16 feels lighter and for me flys better
                                      So do I, my experience is completely opposite.

Comment

So do I, my experience is completely opposite.
                                        I bet that it's a cg issue I have both jets the f15 retracts are glass compared to the f16s

The both 90s fly ok on sixes but they really needs 8s at the least and tens to really shine and fly true scale

My F 16 fly's on rails eights lands like a *****cat on tailerons flaps mix

Spoilerons create instability for me I avoid them

As far as the f 15 goes on six's I really have to fly it all the way in .... For me on final the F 15 tends to want to tip just as I settle in ....

Battery bays way better in the 16

If I cut the floor I can easily fit two 6000 admiral four cells

The f15 is a wiring nightmare if you want to fly tIl heavy

Comment

• The 16 is just a helluva lot heavier, with higher wing loading. In contrast the 15 is lighter, with lower wing loading, simple physics.

Comment

Working...
                                          X