Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have flown many flights with the F-16, it flies awesome as is, never got it to drop a wing that's for sure, it just quits flying and drops, one time I got way to slow on final and it stood on it's tail, had very little aileron authority so I had to use rudder to steer it, then I gently added in power as it pulled itself out of it, wheeew that was close, I changed my undies after that...

Comment

• Hi all, here's a short vid of one of my clubmembers flying his F-16 90mm (all stock 6S inrunner version).

Vid was recorded in September 2020.

https://www.youtube.com/icarusthe2nd

Comment

• Nice Flight man!
        Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Originally posted by Icarus the 2nd View Post
          Hi all, here's a short vid of one of my clubmembers flying his F-16 90mm (all stock 6S inrunner version).

Vid was recorded in September 2020.

Me love my F16! Nice flight and landing. I assume that's with the new 9 blade inrunner. I put the 12 blade iinrunner in mine and it flies great, even with a Hobbystar 8000 mah battery, getting 5 minutes of flight time. Whoopi!!!!
          Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
          Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Gotta love a greaser!
            My YouTube RC videos:
            https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Over the last few days, I had some free time to create some wheel covers for the Freewing F-16C, F-104, and F-4 90mm EDF jets . The STL’s files are available on Thingiverse.

If you download and print them, please let me know how they fit on the jet. I don’t currently own any of the three jets, so feedback on fitment once installed, wheel axle clearance, etc. is helpful.

P.S. Sorry for the redundancy if you’ve already read this on the RCg thread.

Click image for larger version

Name:	FCB6F569-E954-4B3E-93B0-5DE939434CBA.jpeg
Views:	615
Size:	109.2 KB
ID:	302022

Comment

• T-Cat thank for be so helpful, MUCH appreciated.
                this is of and rare jet i never purchased.. question my self why !! Maybe now with the exscuse of the new motor ..
                thank you for sharing .

Comment

• Thanks Griffon and you’re welcome . I truly appreciate the kind words. I hope these files help add some fun in modifying the look of an already amazing looking jet.

Comment

• MY EPIC CONTRIBUTION TO MARCH MADNESS FLIGHT ENDS IN NOTHIN' BUT NET!

Well I am nothing if not good for a good crash. LOL!

I mean, I don't just crash like most of you. Nah, I crash into light poles with stunning fashion, chain link fences, school roofs just to name a few. Usually each would require a vacuum cleaner to get all the tiny foam bits picked up from the ground. In 25 years of flying I have found pretty spectacular ways to crash my model airplanes.

But this is the first time I can honestly say I have crashed into the net of a basketball hoop.

Winds were really gusty and I almost didn't fly but the winds died down for a few minutes which tricked me into a sense of false security. Takeoff and initial pattern flight was normal. Some gusts but nothing serious. But as I was on the downwind, a surge of wind picked up, and I mean picked up! I was on the treacherous high approach at the school so I knew this was going to get interesting quick. P's and Q's baby!!

I cleared the tree line and as I hit the threshold of the parking lot, a giant cross wind came in and all that was left to do was pray and hope for the best. What I saw next can only best be described as "Holy ****!" I watched as the gust pushed the F-16 into a basketball hoop with glorious devastation. From my vantage point it looked like there was a Freewing 90mm F-16 Arctic Camo jet one moment and a flowering explosion of foam the next.

It was so stunning, so riveting, it was quite frankly the first time in all my 25 years of flying where I not only didn't curse and scream and pout, I laughed! It was glorious! I couldn't have hit that basketball net if I was aiming for it! Sure, it's not great that it crashed but if you're going to crash do it epically. This was pretty damn epic.

Well you know what they say...A picture is worth a thousand words. Here's my submission to the spirit of March Madness. Nothin' but net baby!

Click image for larger version  Name:	goodnight4.jpg Views:	0 Size:	79.2 KB ID:	302831

Video:

My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• WOW!!!!! Aros, I admire your attitude towards it. Although I'm really sorry to hear the jet is gone and it was an absolutely beautiful paint job, I'm super impressed with how it took the plunge. It looks like a swoosh!

An upside is that now you have room for another jet .

Comment

• Aros , at least you're now the #1 Seed in the Crash Contest. Ain't no way that's going to be topped!
                        Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                        Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Yeah my cavalier attitude is only because it was already in a bad crash and no longer pristine...While I did spend a good amount of time repairing her to be air-worthy, she just didn't look all that good and we all know when we have a model that is pristine, the buns are clinched a bit tighter every time we fly them because we want to take them home in the same condition.

While I was not thrilled that she exploded into a basketball hoop per se, the event was pretty bad ass I have to say, LOL!!

Although, the one thing I WAS really pissed about is that I destroyed one of my newer Admiral 6000s! Ugh!!

Now had she been brand new and/or pristine? Yeah, probably wouldn't be quite as jovial about it. Already have a buddy coming over to swoop up the carcass for cash.

Onward boys! Here's some more photos of the crash. My wife asked me if I staged the photos. NOPE! I got my camera out and took these shots mere seconds after the impact.

Attached Files
                          My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Aros , looks like that brand new canopy ejected without a scratch! Guess the pilot thought he was too low for his chute so he ejected the entire compartment, smart little beggar.

Hey, don't you have the 12 blade inrunner in it? That's a $160 piece of equipment right there. I just bought 3 of those to upgrade my 2 F4's and the F-18 and had to remortgage the house! I'll give you 50 bucks for your slightly used one, sounds like a good deal, no?
                            Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

• Aros i’ll give you 55$ and i’m much closer then Hugh and i’ll top it with 2 pizzas .

Comment

• Hey Aros, was that a 3 point shot or were you inside the key and it was a 2 point shot?, either way you hit nothing but net or a swish we used to say in basketball.

Comment

• Originally posted by Griffon Wings View Post
                                  Aros i’ll give you 55$ and i’m much closer then Hugh and i’ll top it with 2 pizzas .
                                  OK Sam, the bidding war is on. Make it $56 and I'll host you here in S Florida where you can fly 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Now beat that Griffon Wings!
                                  Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post

OK Sam, the bidding war is on. Make it $56 and I'll host you here in S Florida where you can fly 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Now beat that Griffon Wings!
                                    Sorry guys, way to cheap, I will go $60 on it....

Comment

• Hugh Wiedman yep the brand new canopy ejected without a scratch! Happy to report the new RunCam2 also escaped without harm. Wish I could say the same about the battery, grrrr... And it is the new inrunner...Already have a guy coming over to buy the parts and guts from me which is great also because it clears up space for a future jet I can crash.

DCORSAIR Definitely a 3 baby! She came in from a loooooong shot. Definitely a swish!

Hey you guys, no low ballin' me!!
                                      My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Another winter project completed. 😀 Equipped her with a Spektrum AR 637T Receiver and added a sound card for turbine sounds and of course afterburner.. Power is a 9 Blade 90mm 3672/1900kv Inrunner with a 130amp ESC. Upgrade to Hitec D85-MG servos for the elevator control. 2 Coats Poly to brighten her up. All rates set (Spoilerons and Flaperons ) and forward programing was completed for Safe and AS3X modes. Another great looking plane that might end up a Show Bird until I can master my landings.... Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2325.JPG
Views:	1309
Size:	121.6 KB
ID:	304335Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2326.JPG
Views:	1260
Size:	176.3 KB
ID:	304336Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2327.JPG
Views:	1276
Size:	192.1 KB
ID:	304337

Comment

• Very nice job! Love the gloss coats as well.
                                          My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Working...
                                          X