X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NoDirt! View Post
    Here's a video of the motor sounds. I'm moving the throttle quickly but the motors slow down when the noise is present.
    https://youtu.be/YTzO8LH-3J0
    Did you calibrate the ESCs per the instructions? Just curious.

Comment

Here's a video of the motor sounds. I'm moving the throttle quickly but the motors slow down when the noise is present.
      Is it possible you have an opposite rotation prop on 1 on 2 motors?

Just a thought

Comment

Is your battery up to the task? It sounds as though the motors and ESCs are out of sync. I've seen this happen when the battery cannot hold enough voltage under load to provide the necessary power being called for. I'd measure voltage under load. You'd think it would affect all the motors/ESCs, but each ESC could be seeing a bit different voltage due to differing resistance of wiring and connectors and solder joints. Also, isolate the motors and run them one at a time to see if they operate OK separately.

Comment

• I think I’ve done what I can short of taking the wings apart:

I’ve tried a healthy Pulse 3700mah 70C battery & a couple Turnigy 2200’s – no difference.
          I cleaned what looks like the main power connectors in the wing root (the two larger ones).
          I unscrewed both wing root connectors and checked that all the wires are firmly connected.
          I pulled #4 motor, mounted it to a board with the stock prop and connected a known good ESC. It worked just fine, no stuttering or noise.
          I connected a known good 2825-1950kv motor (it’s what I have) to the #4 wing position and it stuttered like crazy and would not spin up.

I still can’t figure if it is a power thing or ESC’s. From just peering into the nacelles, I can’t tell how the motors and ESC’s are wired – all together, individually, inboards together etc., without digging into the wings. But #2 and #4 are the ones acting up the most. And like I’ve said, it’s a shame since everything else is working like it should :Angry:

I guess it’s off to HK and/or Ian.

Comment

I think I’ve done what I can short of taking the wings apart:

I’ve tried a healthy Pulse 3700mah 70C battery & a couple Turnigy 2200’s – no difference.
            I cleaned what looks like the main power connectors in the wing root (the two larger ones).
            I unscrewed both wing root connectors and checked that all the wires are firmly connected.
            I pulled #4 motor, mounted it to a board with the stock prop and connected a known good ESC. It worked just fine, no stuttering or noise.
            I connected a known good 2825-1950kv motor (it’s what I have) to the #4 wing position and it stuttered like crazy and would not spin up.

I still can’t figure if it is a power thing or ESC’s. From just peering into the nacelles, I can’t tell how the motors and ESC’s are wired – all together, individually, inboards together etc., without digging into the wings. But #2 and #4 are the ones acting up the most. And like I’ve said, it’s a shame since everything else is working like it should :Angry:

Tell them you want a new one! Personally I think you should get a new one! Every time I've had HK replace a plane they never ask for the old one back This might be different?? But that's what I'd do for sure. It's probably a bad connection in the circuits to those motors, but how you going to find it without getting your saw out for a brand new plane.

Good Luck
            Woody

You may have to wait till Jan, but look at a calendar, Jan isn't to far away mate. W

Comment

I think I’ve done what I can short of taking the wings apart:

Good, eliminates the motor as the problem

This can be caused by poor solder joints on the bullet connectors or loose bullet connections. The motor bullets seem fine as the motor ran on another ESC. If reachable you could perhaps heat each ESC bullet connector in an effort to flow the solder better

You seem to have eliminated voltage sag as a cause. ESCs are unlikely cause for these specific symptoms

Probably the best thing to do.

good luck.

Comment

• Mine is on its way back to HK. Hope they stand by their word.

Comment

• As do I, if they don't and we will all know, thats alot of business turned away. And we will damn sure make every effort to have them feel it too.

Comment

• I've noticed that HK now has all the spare parts listed, in blue and gray, for the Avios C-130. But not the whole plane yet.
                    Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Thats a weird change of things, usually we wait for over a month before spare parts are listed

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
                        Thats a weird change of things, usually we wait for over a month before spare parts are listed
                        From what I've seen on the other forum, I believe HobbyKing has been feeling the heat for their crappy PR style on the forum but mostly from owners who have been having "boo-boos" with this plane and the anger/frustration of no parts to fix things. I'm as yet, uncertain whether those boo-boos were a result of pilot error or some inherent deficiencies in the model. I'm right back on the fence on this one, having been so gung ho about getting one.

Comment

• You and I both, itll be a few months before i even consider this plane as an option. Once we get more evidence on the equipment and longterm build quality.

Comment

• Sure wish we had a Flightline C-130. Sure wish I had one of those..... That woulda sure made me a happy camper. One can wish I suppose. Wowas Me. : (

Woody

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodcock View Post
                              Sure wish we had a Flightline C-130. Sure wish I had one of those..... That woulda sure made me a happy camper. One can wish I suppose. Wowas Me. : (

Woody
                              Agreed! I’d pay more than the HK one for Flightline.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                                Agreed! I’d pay more than the HK one for Flightline.
                                Me too, but don't let MRC know that!

Woody

Comment

• Agreed on all counts!

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodcock View Post

Me too, but don't let MRC know that!

Woody
                                    I think they already know that. Their B-24 is in a similar class of foamie as the HK C-30 and they know they can sell it for much more. Unlike HobbyKing, I believe that MRC don't take their customer base for being stupid and idiots that can be fooled. We don't stand for being treated with disdain on public forums and we generally are bright enough to be able to compare specs on what goes into a product. Where the HobbyKing customer mostly know what they are getting for the money and "settle", the Flightline customer mostly know what they are getting for the money and "accept".

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                                      I think they already know that. Their B-24 is in a similar class of foamie as the HK C-30 and they know they can sell it for much more. Unlike HobbyKing, I believe that MRC don't take their customer base for being stupid and idiots that can be fooled. We don't stand for being treated with disdain on public forums and we generally are bright enough to be able to compare specs on what goes into a product. Where the HobbyKing customer mostly know what they are getting for the money and "settle", the Flightline customer mostly know what they are getting for the money and "accept".
                                      The price point would be the same but the quality would out of this world, I got one in the lottery and the flaps are something to be had, as others have said on RCG that the servos don't have the torque to move the flaps and the paint is so sticky that I had to sand the leading edge of the outer to make them work and the inners are worthless, I just unplugged the flaps altogether and will fly it without them.

I don't think that it is in the same class as the B-24 for the detail is not the same, the landing light stay on after the doors close the flaps as stated don't work properly, the cargo door is nice but the struts are in the wrong place and i could go on but I would just be regurgitating what others have stated.

This is my first new HK plane, I bought a B-17 used and I like the planes but I know better and will suffer till the pros come out with the goods if you catch the slight.

Ron.
                                      AMA 424553

Comment

• By "class", I'm talking similar "ball park" size, 4 engines, trike gear, heavy lifter, military. If you're talking "class" in terms of quality, form, function, components and execution, they are nothing close. Before I left that RCG thread, I never saw any "candid" and honest postings about the plane. Your post here is the most candid I've seen. I guess for some reason, people over there are too afraid to be that honest, preferring to be "diplomatic" instead or is it just the HK fanbois exerting their brand loyalty by blowing sunshine up everybody's posteriors?

Comment

• I may be one of the few that was able to land one of these models that actually had no issues at all. From what I read on the other forum it got me curious. Since I did not have a radio with as many channels they said this plane needed. I choose to totally gut the wiring boxes and just rewire the whole plane with simple Y's and a reverser for the inboard flaps. It is totally functional on just my 6ch radio minus the rear door which I just disconnected with the servo left in place and I secured it closed with a hidden magnet should I feel the need to use it again. I also used a GT light control box for some of the mounted lights already installed instead of their set-up. Although it was a pain to redo I'm more confident on the way it operates now. I'm running a 7ch lemon w/stab mounted upside down with the wiring running on the top of the fuselage. Also after seeing the unfortunate crashes on the other forum and how the fuselage just crumples I decided to reinforce the fuselage with 3/8 wood dowels that I epoxied in. Then removed the extra weights in the tail as I found with my dowel mods for strength and added weight now upfront iit was still within CG using 3000 4S Hobbystar battery. Haven't been able to maidened her yet, but looking forward to soon.

Comment

Working...
                                          X