Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Avios/Hobby King 1600mm C-130 Hercules

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• icepirate3,

I re-wired mine so the landing lights go on and off with the gear.

See:
    https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?3081582-Avios-C-130-Hercules/page316

post #4728

Comment

• Just received a message from HK stating that they recognized there were problems with the props and they are sending me a set of "stronger" props. Fine with me!

Comment

• Originally posted by MANFRED View Post
        Just received a message from HK stating that they recognized there were problems with the props and they are sending me a set of "stronger" props. Fine with me!
        I remember they said the same thing about their now discontinued C-47 "Jungle Jumper". They sent me new props, new motors. Didn't seem to make any difference.

Comment

• Originally posted by MANFRED View Post
          Just received a message from HK stating that they recognized there were problems with the props and they are sending me a set of "stronger" props. Fine with me!
          I haven't got that email yet. :Angry:
          AMA 424553

Comment

• Originally posted by RRHandy View Post

I saw HK was showing the new improved props in stock. I ordered 2cw and 2 ccw, then contacted customer service and explained that Ian said HK would credit your account for the purchase. Within 2 hours I had credit for the props.

Comment

• Originally posted by RRHandy View Post

Check your spam folder. That's where mine was

Comment

• Originally posted by Pilot.Vrf201 View Post
                icepirate3,

I re-wired mine so the landing lights go on and off with the gear.

See:
                https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?3081582-Avios-C-130-Hercules/page316

post #4728
                I will look at that, thanks!

Comment

• Started painting finally. This is my first attempt at this so I'm taking my time. Need it to warm up a bit before I start the spray can part. Used sticky notes to mask and am pleasantly surprised at how well it worked!! I did use masking tape to help tighten it down, especially on the fuselage. I airbrushed international orange and will rattle can the rest. She will look strange without skis and fairings but I'm not even going to try to engineer those yet.

Comment

• This is what I'm hoping for in the end

Comment

• Icepirate, that's looking great! Looking forward to seeing the completed plane.

Comment

• Originally posted by EA-6B Geek View Post
                        Icepirate, that's looking great! Looking forward to seeing the completed plane.
                        Thanks! Will be a few more weeks but will definitely post pics.

Comment

• Originally posted by icepirate3 View Post

Check your spam folder. That's where mine was
                          HK said the email was on it's way over on RCG so thanks. R. ;)
                          AMA 424553

Comment

• Turning wheel lights off - another version

I haven't figured out why my dorsal and cargo lights don't work right with the wings connected BUT, I did get the wheel lights to go out when the wheels retract without much fuss.

I got a Dr. Mad Thrust receiver switch from Hobbyking https://hobbyking.com/en_us/dr-mad-t...ff-switch.html

I connected the wheel light connector to the output side of the switch and plugged the input side into one of the empty gear connections on the white distribution board and VIOLA! The lights go out as soon as I hit the retract switch

(RickVB, I hope you don't mind but I borrowed your photo)

Oh, and I also received my upgraded props.

Comment

• I was thinking about doing something similar but with a FW light controller, just haven't gotten around to it was it's still in the paint phase. I got 2 new props in the mail from the original 2 that I ordered as spares. Haven't received the 4 from the plane order itself though and don't see anymore orders on my HK page. I may just order a set as they are showing in stock.

I'm close to finishing the paint though. I ended up just airbrushing everything as I couldn't find any close colors in spray cans. It's been a learning experience for sure and invested in a better airbrush as the ones that came with the kit are struggling. Really looking forward to getting Callie's graphics on and sealing the plane once it warms up a bit. I may post a couple pics of the progress so far later.

Comment

• Almost done! Waiting for the rest of the upgraded props so I can paint and balance them. Have a but more light grey on the emennage that I realised I missed as I was taking pictures. Then it's clear coat and get it ready to fly!

Comment

• Very nice!

Comment

Waiting for the rest of the upgraded props
                                    Curious what changes they made in the "upgrade" props.

Comment

• Looks great icepirate3! The upgraded props are supposed to be made of stronger material. I flew mine on the original props and didn't experience any difficulties. I received the free upgraded props that they sent but they are still in the box. I'll have to get them out and repaint them and replace what I have on there now. A few pics of my finished plane and one of the actual C130.
                                      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4722.JPG
Views:	1687
Size:	201.9 KB
ID:	183000Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4720.JPG
Views:	1849
Size:	222.1 KB
ID:	183001Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4728.JPG
Views:	1518
Size:	196.7 KB
ID:	183002Click image for larger version

Name:	20160824_195817000_iOS.jpg
Views:	1463
Size:	136.1 KB
ID:	183003

Comment

Almost done! Waiting for the rest of the upgraded props so I can paint and balance them. Have a but more light grey on the emennage that I realised I missed as I was taking pictures. Then it's clear coat and get it ready to fly!
                                        That looks pretty damn awesome mate. I totally approve. O7

Woody

Comment

• Beautiful work! I was originally going to convert my C-130 to an AC-130, but then a buddy sent me some photos of this bird from the MN ANG. Love the look of the D-Day commemorative scheme!

Comment

Working...
                                          X