Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am sure there are reps from Hobbyking that read these threads, how about one stepping forward and commenting on the issues. That would be a start. I know If I had an issue with MRC they would be on it immediately. HK show your customers that you are listening.....:Not-Talking:

Comment

Originally posted by lmramos44 View Post
      I am sure there are reps from Hobbyking that read these threads, how about one stepping forward and commenting on the issues. That would be a start. I know If I had an issue with MRC they would be on it immediately. HK show your customers that you are listening.....:Not-Talking:
      Let's put it this way. They were posting on the RCG thread so of course, they read them. But after they embarrassed themselves so badly, they've all dummied up. They aren't going to "start" anything now because what they started already has backfired terribly. Unlike MRC reps, HobbyKing reps have a habit of putting feet firmly in mouth. Papa HobbyKing has likely revoked all their speaking engagements.

Comment

Well I got a quick response on RCG when I laid out this issues with HK. It was your typical response probably from a 15 dollar an hour guy in NY. Hobbyking has many issues, but we don’t want to see them fail. We want them to COMPETE. That’s what is better for the industry. Better products, better service and customer first always. Infrastructure is already there, but without proper management it’s an empty bag. Let’s see what the next 18 months bring. Foresee some big changes.

Comment

Well I got a quick response on RCG when I laid out this issues with HK. It was your typical response probably from a 15 dollar an hour guy in NY. Hobbyking has many issues, but we don’t want to see them fail. We want them to COMPETE. That’s what is better for the industry. Better products, better service and customer first always. Infrastructure is already there, but without proper management it’s an empty bag. Let’s see what the next 18 months bring. Foresee some big changes.
          Good point! If they put out a nice flying and reliable plane that people are already standing in line to buy (not many Herc options) it will only be better for the hobby and in turn, us. MRC didn't become the company we all respect by just trying to keep up with their competitors. If HK and Avios put out another dud with little to no support behind it then let them continue to fail. IMO this will be a HUGE aircraft for HK on the upside or downside. There are Spitfires elsewhere so whatever they do with that project is a moot point now I think. Or you can spend $1500+ on the Maxford before batteries.

As a previous herc mechanic (LC-130F/R Operation Deep Freeze) I truly hope they do the right thing with this. I want this plane but also want the support, advice, and options that should already be in place in their company behind ALL of their main products.

Comment

This coming Sunday RC Afterhours will have a podcast with HK and the C-130 at 9am EST.

Comment

More than me which got the opportunity to pre order today? -about 300 usd so quite fair price

Comment

None of the three e-mail addresses I used won. :(

Comment

Originally posted by ATR42 View Post
                  More than me which got the opportunity to pre order today? -about 300 usd so quite fair price
                  Yep, got a chance and put in an order for the Gray. Will be converting to an AC-130 at some point

Comment

No email for me yet.
                    Pat

Comment

No emails for me either. I think the price is pretty decent and it will do well. Not sure if I will end up with one in the future or not. Early reports saying the gear doors don't play well in the grass, which is to be expected. I would rather have a B-24 or B-29 if I am going to spending north of the $300 amount. Although there is no doubt an AC-130 would look awfully good.

Comment

I guess all 12 of them are spoken for. LOL

Comment

Just watched the unboxing, really impressive . Looks like Avios has been paying attention to the competition.

Comment

Looks like more people got emails today.

Comment

Just watched the unboxing, really impressive . Looks like Avios has been paying attention to the competition.
                              Got a link?

Comment

Originally posted by xviper View Post
                                Got a link?
                                Sure here you go,

Comment

I watched a couple of the "1st Look" vids yesterday and am wondering if what was shipped for early review were pre-production models or what we would expect in our boxes. In the Essential RC review, look at the molding under the engines. Just doesn't look right. There were a couple other minors things like missing/chipped paint above the battery access door. If they are pre-production review models I would have made darn sure they looked great and were absolutely ready to be reviewed. They had to know that they were going to be scrutinized by would-be customers and honest (hopefully) reviewers. Neither reviewer I watched mentioned either of these obvious (to me at least) issues.

That said, it does look likes it flies nice and am surprised that such a small battery is all it needs! May open the door for some payload air-drops depending on how much weight it can carry! Am curious what others think after watching a few of these vids.

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! :Cool: I'm really happy because I won a second chance drawing for the C-130. :) I never win anything so I wasn't surprised when I received my near miss e-mail the first time around. Anyhow I have a Blue Angels heading my way! I still can't believe it, but I'm stoked!!

Comment

Originally posted by handyman220 View Post
                                      Happy Thanksgiving everyone! :Cool: I'm really happy because I won a second chance drawing for the C-130. :) I never win anything so I wasn't surprised when I received my near miss e-mail the first time around. Anyhow I have a Blue Angels heading my way! I still can't believe it, but I'm stoked!!
                                      Congrats!! Let us know what you think of the build quality, fit and finish, etc if you don't mind!

Comment

Originally posted by handyman220 View Post
                                        There ya go! And happy Thanksgiving to you as well!

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                          X