Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Nexa OV-10 Bronco 1800mm ARF Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK I'm on the fence but really tempted.

Mike
    \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

Mine is on the way. I might wait for the admiral motors for the build but I have an E-Flite 32 already in the spare parts so I might just use it and get another. It's rated at 800 watts with a 5s set-up so it should be plenty of power. I will try it on 4s first to see if it flies well. My current OV-10 uses Rimfire 32s on a 4s and it flies great at just above half throttle. But again, it's smaller and lighter. With this one weighing more, it's always better to have too much power than just enough. I have everything else needed to finish this kit sitting in the spare parts bin so not much out of pocket to complete it. I also have some 5s batteries I use in a couple of my planes. The only other item I like to do is put 3-bladed props on it as I did on the one I have now. I know that in the air you can't see them, but they just look much cooler while on the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by Nottoday View Post
        Hello, I'm new here and my name is Markus, I'm from Germany.

The Bronco has been flying great for 1 years. After the video I kicked out the Turnigy motors and replaced them with Leopard 5055 430kv that works much better now and has more power. Drive: Leopard 5055 Masterairscrew 15x7x3 and 2x 6S 4200mAh battery, the propellers have a 8300rpm with the engines. Flight time is about 10min. Here are my videos with the old engines and yes the propellers now turn inwards.
        Pichler ARF BroncoWingspan: 1800mmLength: 1770mmEngine is with me the Turnigy 5055 400Kv on 6S with Master Airscrew 15x7x3 right/left.Akku: 1x Wellpower 5200...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XacSQuEIZE&t=2s
        Hello Markus and welcome to the Squawk.
        I saw those vids last year which was what turned me on to the pursuit of that Pichler Bronco but I couldn't get a response from them.
        Glad MRC has one now:Cool:
        Warbird Charlie
        HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Welcome to Hobby Squawk!!!! Glad you are on board... :Cool: Jerry from Texas!! Willkommen bei Hobby Squawk!!!! Ich freue uns, dass Sie an Bord sind ...

Comment

I have both the Uravitch version and the smaller K&A version, both very nice flyers. Great news on Motion carrying Pro-Fly and BlackHorse models —- I still prefer balsa to foam but do do both.
            However these models can run up the $ quite quickly if you have to buy every component, the Bronco can easily triple the kit price — may have to change my too many mediocre models to a few quality ones !

Comment

"The quality will remain long after the price is forgotten". Balsa and Ply airplanes just fly better.

Mike
              \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

Cost to buy and build from a kit would approach or exceed the cost of the ARF.

Cost to scratch build would approach cost of the ARF.

I was given a kit for the Proctor/VK 1/6 scale Sopwith. Cost to complete it to level of the same scale arf available at the time was $75 MORE than the ARF. Of course I bought better stuff so, it cost the kit PLUS double the cost of the ARF.... Then I started adding servos, motor, ESC and RX.
                FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

Thank you for a friendly welcome.:Cool:
                  Charlie sorry if I overlook you.

With 1000,- $ one must count on it has many servos, 2 motors, 2 ESC and 2 Akkus. ESC is from the Freewing A-10, I just cut off the BEC and bought one from HK the YEP 20A.

Comment

I have been in this hobby since the early 70's. You bought a kit of sticks and a plan. When you were done purchasing everything else you had at least as much as the kit price and then some. When ARFs came out I was ecstatic since although I liked building I hated covering. Again, whatever the ARF price was, double it to finish. So those of you that are recently new to this hobby and are only use to PNP aircraft, I can see the angst of paying for all the equipment needed to complete one of these balsa ARFs. I can also see the problem of repairing one of these balsa aircraft if all you ever have flown a foamy. It's becoming a lost art in the hobby. But I can assure you that balsa flies better.

Comment

Yes, and 7kg fly better than 3kg especially in windy conditions.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosytime View Post
                        I have been in this hobby since the early 70's. You bought a kit of sticks and a plan. When you were done purchasing everything else you had at least as much as the kit price and then some. When ARFs came out I was ecstatic since although I liked building I hated covering. Again, whatever the ARF price was, double it to finish. So those of you that are recently new to this hobby and are only use to PNP aircraft, I can see the angst of paying for all the equipment needed to complete one of these balsa ARFs. I can also see the problem of repairing one of these balsa aircraft if all you ever have flown a foamy. It's becoming a lost art in the hobby. But I can assure you that balsa flies better.
                        Boy do I remember those days, staying up late hrs and sanding a balsa nose or wingtips to shape, CA glue stuck fingers, epoxy all over everything including my plans, needle pins, clothespins and clamps holding everything straight only to find out that the wing came out warped, I was so happy when the ARF kits arrived.

If I do get one of these down the road, mine will have to be nitro, love the sound of two nitro burners humming together, electric prop planes just don't do nothing for me, going to wait though until I see some feedback from those that do purchase this OV-10.:Cool:

Comment

Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post

Boy do I remember those days, staying up late hrs and sanding a balsa nose or wingtips to shape, CA glue stuck fingers, epoxy all over everything including my plans, needle pins, clothespins and clamps holding everything straight only to find out that the wing came out warped, I was so happy when the ARF kits arrived.

If I do get one of these down the road, mine will have to be nitro, love the sound of two nitro burners humming together, electric prop planes just don't do nothing for me, going to wait though until I see some feedback from those that do purchase this OV-10.:Cool:
                          Sounds like a great candidate for a Mr Sound sound system to me!

Comment

Originally posted by sam51401 View Post

Sounds like a great candidate for a Mr Sound sound system to me!
                            Why would you put a sound system in an electric model airplane of a turboprop airplane? Twin electrics are closer to a turbine sounds than nitro or gas by a wide margin. If you want more noise just put some crazy props on the thing.

Comment

LOLLOLLOL

My YouTube RC videos:
                              https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Originally posted by Beeg View Post

Why would you put a sound system in an electric model airplane of a turboprop airplane? Twin electrics are closer to a turbine sounds than nitro or gas by a wide margin. If you want more noise just put some crazy props on the thing.
                                You know I didn't think about the OV -10 having turbine engines, never really paid any attention to that part. I had an OV-10 yrs ago, I think it was the Rich Ult. one, fun flyer with two OS .25 nitro burners, sounded great for piston engines but may not be scale for the Bronco.LOL

Comment

merry Christmas and happy birthday all wrapped in one Charlie!

do I have to hide the matches now?

Joe
                                  Platt: fw190d9 Dynaflite:PT-19 IMP:Macchi202 ESM:fw190 ESM:Tank, Hien Jackson:DH-2 BH:macchi200 Extr:fw190 Holman:me109F H9spit2 FL:F4u,spit 9 FW:me262 GP:us60, Stuka, cub, F4u PZ:me109, albi EF Hurri, T-28 FMS: 2x fw190, me109 Lone Star:Skat Kat RSCombat:2xfw190d9

Comment

Just got mine today. Will try and get out some pics comparing it to the smaller Ov-10 I have. It looks awesome so far.

Comment

Please do Rosytime, we look forward to seeing your first impressions.

S.

Comment

Stuart or Alpha, I just got the Bronco and looking at the specs it recommends for servos the HiTech HS-485HB. The problem is that it will be too big for the space allotted for servos in the hatches. It's 39.8mm long and as you can see by my pics the opening is only 32mm. A HiTech HS-225BB mini servo fits it perfectly. The manual also again says use a 6s lipo with a 25 3526 870kv or a 35 4220 770kv motor. So why the discrepancy from the web page and the manual. I never did get an answer on what motors and ESCs were used when it was flown on 6s.

Comment

Hi Rosytime, sorry to see that, these are of course the incorrect servo's (have have now corrected the listing). Could you please contact CS directly and we can arrange for these to be replaced with suitable ones. Regarding power I believe I saw that Alpha did post on his experience with flying on 6S at the factory last year though I can't find that post right now. Our own motor and lipo recommendation is spec'd to give over 100 watts/lb and we settled on this as its a power set-up suitable for this scale subject we felt. You can of course opt for a 6S set-up for way beyond scale speed and power at max and there has already been a bunch of worthwhile 6S set-ups posted in regards to that, but the feedback is appreciated and we always want to cater for all desires, so I'll work on getting a 6S set-up suggestion added to the listing.

S.

Comment

Working...
                                          X