X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SoLongSidekick View Post
    Just got their response. It was basically "you received the last of our old setup. Tough ****".

I can't stand when companies do this without letting potential customers know. Last time I'll order from MRC.
    Don't be so hasty Sidekick. There are a lot of us with the original set up. I'm sure if those of us with the V1 connectiors want to change over to the new set up, we'll just wait for the parts to become available. Many companies wouldn't even look at making improvements. MRC did and I'm sure will continue. :Cool:

Comment

• Plus 1 on thatTwowingtj.
      Brad

Comment

• All of this over a connector....REALLY?

Comment

• Couple things, 1 they have to get rid of the first stuff that is not crap in any stretch of the imagination. You do have a damn good bird to fly. 2. I'm positive there will be the connectors available to upgrade the old ones. That said there's no reason to send back to the factory perfectly good planes for more expense than it's worth, thus passing that expense to the customer. I mean at some point luck of the draw comes to play, like some of us with the B26 had a crap flying machine that needed alot of modifications, while others swore that they didn't have to do a thing and it flew perfectly. All I'm saying is don't give them a toss over this. Even with the short comings (of wich i never had any) this company is head and shoulders above the rest.

Comment

• You know, this is the way it goes.... And MRC has the best service around, so if you want to order from someone else, good luck with even getting a response. Sorry you didn't get the upgrade.... I am sure Motion will miss your business.

Comment

• I don't know what company you're ordering from, but I've never placed an order with a company that hasn't responded to customer messages within 24 hours. Maybe have a higher standard for who you give your money to.

So in your minds, their only option is to send units back or sell old standard equipment? Just upgrading existing stock doesn't come to mind? Because that's how every other R/C company (and other markets as well) has done this type of thing. Just silently selling off old-spec stock is not honest in my opinion.

**EDIT** Also, every time I've ever experienced something similar to this the company offered to give out free upgrade kits to anyone that placed a recent order. I guess if you're used to dealing with companies who don't bother with this kind of stuff it would sound novel.
              Last edited by SoLongSidekick; Feb 8, 2018, 04:47 PM. Reason: grammar

Comment

• For one I really don't care about if I get one connection type over another. I bought a model, because it's one of my favorite planes ever designed. As far as that goes this plane is by far the best flying of any other p38 I've ever flown, second best would be the eflite. Shall I list who I had crap service from? Tower hobbies, horizon hobby, hobby king, banggood, foxtech, banana hobby, nitro planes, general hobby, hobby town, ready made rc, need I go on?

Comment

Just got their response. It was basically "you received the last of our old setup. Tough ****".

I can't stand when companies do this without letting potential customers know. Last time I'll order from MRC.
                  So I guess it will be so long Sidekick.:Goodbye:

Comment

• Seems quite a bit changed in the design. They hollowed out big spots in both sides and installed a connector panel that allows for the single connection. The wing attachment brackets have a larger slot to accommodate the molex connector (pictures show comparison with my crashed plane).
                    I pulled a panel back to see the wing side better.
                    You have to be sure the connector makes good contact though. The first three times I tried, it came disconnected while trying to test the assembly. Push until it gives a solid click.

Comment

• Wow yeah definitely a lot different

Comment

• MRC answers everything almost immediately for me. You must be talking to someone else in China...

Comment

• Continuously trying to improve the product.

Good job.

Sure, the people with the older version don't have the upgrade... but it is what it is.

Had a triple post... site said it failed to post 4 times. It may show up 2 more times again. Sorry.
                          FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

• :p38 My wings stay on, so...

Comment

• YES!

Comment

• It also adds four new connector points- for those of you who prefer to reduce connections.
                                I'd also need to be careful if ever I need to replace these parts. Would hate to get the V1 wing. Hopefully, they have a way to differentiate.

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
                                  For one I really don't care about if I get one connection type over another. I bought a model, because it's one of my favorite planes ever designed. As far as that goes this plane is by far the best flying of any other p38 I've ever flown, second best would be the eflite. Shall I list who I had crap service from? Tower hobbies, horizon hobby, hobby king, banggood, foxtech, banana hobby, nitro planes, general hobby, hobby town, ready made rc, need I go on?
                                  That's why I don't buy from those places. Why would you buy from a place that has notoriously bad service?

**EDIT** I just noticed a lot of people are equating fast response time with good service. Those two are not the same.

Comment

That's why I don't buy from those places. Why would you buy from a place that has notoriously bad service?

**EDIT** I just noticed a lot of people are equating fast response time with good service. Those two are not the same.
                                    Then who are these wonderful vendors you buy from?
                                    TiredIron Aviation
                                    Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Yes, please tell us. This was your first big purchase?

Comment

• Mine is also after sale, and when motion replaces a fuselage free of charge for one bad servo, I would call that perfect service after the sale. And others can testify that they replaced retracts and other verious pieces no questions asked. If you have an actual problem with a failed part, they bend over backwards to help. That is my definition of what service is suspose to be.

Comment

They have always been good to me and your gripe is unfounded for you go to the grocery store and buy food that was on the shelf for weeks before you get the new product...It's called rotating stock and you got the last... Get over it.

I'm a blunt stick.... Rant over...
                                          AMA 424553

Comment

Working...
                                          X