Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry. We all have fun here... However, I think the Mom thing was a line not to cross. Don't leave, just be thoughtful and let's carry on.... :Cool: Glad we could help with your model questions.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
      Don't leave, just be thoughtful and let's carry on....
      Same here, I guess I did come off a little strong in my PM and I apologize for that, if you're going to rib someone like that please use a wink smiley or something so other will know your just fooling.
      TiredIron Aviation
      Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• :Cool:

Comment

• Indeed:Cool:

Comment

• Yes boss:);)
            AMA 424553

Comment

• Lol:Cool:

Comment

• Not that anybody cares ;), but I maidened mine last weekend at our club's warbird fly in. Always nervous in front of a crowd, but all went well once she was trimmed. It required a fair amount of down elevator to get her flying lever, but not much else. :Cool:

I need to add in some down elevator with the flaps. First plane with flaps, so it's a new experience.

Kerry

Comment

• Very nice:Cool:

Comment

• Excellent, Kerry! She's a great plane to fly. Just remember as you're getting used to her, to keep the speed up. She's pretty heavy for her size (ie, heavy wing loading) and will bite you if you let her get too slow. Otherwise, she's an absolute joy to fly and is a great windy-day flyer.
                    ---
                    Warbirder

Comment

• Exactly! Shes a blast once you get use to her flight character.:Cool:

Comment

• Friends don't joke with friends? Wow I feel so incredibly bad for you.
                        Yes there was. How could you have already forgotten that you didn't delete just one post, but two? Maybe check the records and reply back with what was contained in that second message. Maybe even a screenshot? I'd love to hear your rationale for how :) is "not a smiley". I owned a 5k+ member forum for almost a decade (www.SDReefs.com) and I've never seen a such trigger-happy mod in my life. In fact, I don't think I've ever seen a mod respond to a 'refraction' with "play nice or you're gone". But then again, I demanded professionalism from my mods.

Anyone paying attention to my MAS prop upgrade, my bottle rocket launching system, or any of the other crazy things I'm going to my P-38, DO NOT FOLLOW MY MAS INSTRUCTIONS ON THE PREVIOUS PAGE. I got a few things wrong and I've also gotten in contact with another person who has taken MAS prop testing much farther. If you want correct instructions or to follow along I'll be posting in RCG's thread for this model.

Comment

• Originally posted by SoLongSidekick View Post
                          Friends don't joke with friends?
                          Not about their mothers...I apologized about my tone, I got two alerts about your post from other members and didn't see your second post with the smiley until after I PMed you.

TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• Well back to the topic at hand, I put my dead p38 to use in the new one. Pulled some CF tubes out cut them and then drilled out a hole to slip and glued them in. I think this will definitely do the job.

Comment

• I’ve completed the minor repairs to my P-38, after it shed a prop blade, a few weeks ago and I set her down less than gently. Straightened the nose and right main struts, reattached a severed wingtip, and replaced both backplates and balanced props. Everything is good today for our Warbird Fly-in this weekend.

The US projects its air power with its aircraft carriers. The Oxotnik Air Force projects its air power with a Chevy Tahoe and an aircraft trailer.

Click image for larger version

Name:	013749F0-4203-4A64-9D1A-1A59F1C4B8A5.jpeg
Views:	494
Size:	95.2 KB
ID:	142177Click image for larger version

Name:	CBEC9440-4AD3-4C87-A095-2FFD896CF9A7.jpeg
Views:	473
Size:	164.3 KB
ID:	142178
                              ---
                              Warbirder

Comment

• And the rifleman though his Chevy Equinox lol:)

Comment

• Painted some invasion stripes on the bottom. I know, it's highly unlikely they'd just be on the bottom, but I was hoping for some improved visability.

They at least help a little.

Kerry

Comment

• Originally posted by kerrydel View Post
                                    Painted some invasion stripes on the bottom. I know, it's highly unlikely they'd just be on the bottom, but I was hoping for some improved visability.

They at least help a little.

Kerry
                                    Some were just on the bottom. ;)
                                    AMA 424553

Comment

• Inside the P38.

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post
                                        Here's what I did...30 minute epoxy...

Name:	20180710_175533669_iOS.jpg
Views:	656
Size:	137.4 KB
ID:	141780

Name:	20180710_175540259_iOS.jpg
Views:	615
Size:	177.9 KB
ID:	141781
                                        Hey guys..

Got the first few flights on my P-38 on the weekend. What a beautiful flying bird! Just started reading through this HS forum. Some seriously good gouge (info) here..

Just wanted to ask you TiredIron about this epoxy trick with the spinner back plates.. Did you just fill the backplate with epoxy and that's it? Any other things you needed to do? Seems like a quick and easy way to strengthen the back plates. I'm sure a prop re-balance will be required.

Might also look look at doing the CF rod mod on the motor mounts too..

cheers,

HT

Comment

• Originally posted by HairyTacco View Post

Hey guys..

Got the first few flights on my P-38 on the weekend. What a beautiful flying bird! Just started reading through this HS forum. Some seriously good gouge (info) here..

Just wanted to ask you TiredIron about this epoxy trick with the spinner back plates.. Did you just fill the backplate with epoxy and that's it? Any other things you needed to do? Seems like a quick and easy way to strengthen the back plates. I'm sure a prop re-balance will be required.

Might also look look at doing the CF rod mod on the motor mounts too..

cheers,

HT

Yes, balance and go.
                                          TiredIron Aviation

Comment

Working...
                                          X