Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RE: Official Announcement: FlightLine 1600mm P-38 Lightning!!!

Originally posted by jagdpanther9
    hey guys, maybe this will get your hearts pumping. i posted this over @ the other joint as well. this is a video i made of the ***en fighters museum in granite falls MN. they have many WW2 aircraft which are well cared for and flown regularly. the video shows their 2 P-51's 2 P-40s a B-25 and their P-38. their P-38 is the only flying P-38 with both the superchargers and turbochargers functioning. all others out there are flying off superchargers only. i gathered this info when i made the video . just a great bunch of guys real down to earth. when the P-38 takes off you can tell just how quiet it really was.
    i have many many photos as well. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8bXobGCYH0

So sweet!  I would have loved to have seen that in person!  Thanks for sharing!
    My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Morning boys.

Wow does the detail on this look sweet. I cannot wait to see some vid. I thought I was 100% on the silver, but now you buggers have made me go back and look at the photos again and maybe green is the go... Arrggghhh. I'm also looking forward to making a nice vid of this one, I think a couple of onboard mobius cameras are going to have some awesome angles since it's a twin, and the detail on the model is so good.

Also want to say how much I'm liking the site. A refreshing change indeed.

Meltor, sweet vid mate as I told you yesterday. (I had to watch it again this morning lol). Mate you can download your vids so they appear in the post and you don't have to go off the hobbysqawk forum to view it. (I only just learned this myself from someone) there is a small button near the top of a post, that looks like a little film icon. Click on this you will see the drop down menu, just pick the source, (YouTube or whatever), and cut and paste the URL where is says http... Note the URL usually contains this when you copy, so delete the first http:// that's in the drop down box, before you hit paste. Hope it helps mate. (And, great to see you here). I'm not sure if this will change with the new software, I'm holding off posting more vids and photos for the moment as may as well wait for the roll out since it's not far anyway.

Hey Brandon mate, got a pic of your pilot?

Hurry up with those vids fellas, the suspense is killing me. :-D

Comment

Hey Shirty,
        Morning boys ????? HA, just remembered that you buggers are 16hrs ahead of us here on the US east coast. 20 years ago I had the opportunity to spend a month DownUnder doing work on the Philadelphia Rail Transit Vehicles at a sister division of ABB Traction who were making the truck systems for the cars. I hated to leave when the month was done. Ran into a lot of good beer drinkin mates over a couple of middy's while there. Ahhhhh.........good memories.
        Warbird Charlie
        HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Bummer no pics of the silver... oh well if it means waiting till the second batch so be it.
          Also on pins and needles for the vids!

Comment

Originally posted by Grossman56
            Originally posted by PlaneCrazy
            So is there any color code to match the olive-drab on this plane.  I decided to go with the "Thoughts of Midnight" scheme and the spinners are matched to the fuse with red rings or will I just have to go to Home Depot and have them match it.
            Andy
            They do a good job of matching, just watch that they don't dent the foam when they push the scanner down on it.
            What we need to do is start a thread to identify the paint numbers on the matched colors we get.
            That way we could all benefit from one scan.

Grossman56
            Another GREAT suggestion from you GM!!!! By the way, I got those connector adapters from Mojo Racing today and they are awesome!!! I ordered some more to cover EC3 to XT60's and XT60's to Deans. He does a really good job!

Andy

Comment

Originally posted by Nurburgringer
              Bummer no pics of the silver...  oh well if it means waiting till the second batch so be it.
              There are pics of the silver in the very first post or is that not what you're looking for?

Comment

this is the ***en P-38 testing for posting images.
                Attached Files
                AKA meltor

Comment

looking forward to seeing more, ahhhhhhh........ drama AND suspense :D Maybe we can have a peek at the silver production run model before all ships out from motion ?
                  Congrats on making it before the new year, seen it all stop for a month every year. Hopeful we have a following sea and a tailwind on the pacific this month !

for the lucky ones that live in Cali, check this out in Feb.

http://planesoffame.org/index.php?mact=pof_evts,cntnt01,default,0&cntnt01w hat=pofev&cntnt01alias=LHFD-P-38J-Lightning-Feb-6-2016&cntnt01returnid=125
                  rc flyin addict

Comment

Originally posted by xviper
                    Originally posted by Nurburgringer
                    Bummer no pics of the silver...  oh well if it means waiting till the second batch so be it.
                    There are pics of the silver in the very first post or is that not what you're looking for?
                    AFAIK those pics are of a pre-production model painted by Alpha.
                    I'm sure the production silver will look good, just not sure it'll look as good as the green one :)

Comment

There appears to be an unboxing series of pics of both color schemes in Facebook:
                      https://www.facebook.com/FNRCHOBBY/posts/1699888590253440

I'm happy to see that the front gear steering mechanism is NOT like the old FMS P-38, steering by Disney.
                      [hr]
                      For our friends outside of N. America, this just showed up on AliExpress:
                      http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Freewing-Flightline-P-38-PNP-format-rc-airplane/32599068265.html?spm=2114.01010208.3.26.3qShV8&ws_ ab_test=searchweb201556_2,searchweb201644_5_505_50 6_503_504_502_10001_10002_10016_10005_10006_10003_ 10004_62,searchweb201560_2,searchweb1451318400_-1,searchweb1451318411_6448&btsid=f05ffa03-6818-407a-bdf2-0360ff0537eb

However, I was somewhat stunned by the very high shipped price to my location. Convert to your currency and you may also be just as shocked.

Comment

Here's some new spare part photos from the talented Bajora who we thank for the fantastic quality photos!
                        Attached Files
                        My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

That production silver scheme, as shown in those Facebook photos, DOES also look pretty sweet IMO!

Comment

Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC
                            Here's some new spare part photos from the talented Bajora who we thank for the fantastic quality photos!
                            Looking good. The weather is unseasonably warm this weekend (i.e., flying weather). Between the weather an the anticipation of these arriving I am so looking forward to Spring!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bajora
                              That production silver scheme, as shown in those Facebook photos, DOES also look pretty sweet IMO!
                              Silver P-38s do looks awesome, but maybe it's just the more shiny paint vs the OD green but the foam cells are much more visible.
                              Hmm.....  decisions decisions....
                              Attached Files

Comment

Reflective silver will always show more of the cells then a flat, dull, darker color like Olive Drab. However, I bet that silver looks dang good in person, and you won't notice the cells a few feet away and certainly not on a sweet, low fly by. ;)
                                My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

We hope to have our Allied Green P-38 in the air tomorrow! Wx here has been a little dicey of late and it looks like Sunday brings some high winds. Tomorrow is looking good though, fingers crossed.

Comment

Fantastic! Who is maidening? You or your daughter? :)
                                    My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Reflective silver will always show more of the cells then a flat, dull, darker color like Olive Drab.  However, I bet that silver looks dang good in person, and you won't notice the cells a few feet away and certainly not on a sweet, low fly by.  ;)
                                      yeah things like that don't bother me much, as you say she'll look absolutely superb in the air.

Cool that they include some racey nose art.    My J-Power is decorated with scantily clad "Blonde Dynamite" artwork from HK (plus a few sunken ship "kill" stickers)
                                      Attached Files

Comment

I've been participating in this thread on RCG since it started, but thought it best to jump in here as well as we seem to get extra information from MRC. I'm very excited for this one as well. I just dropped money on one of the last remaining Sonic Modell B-17's, as well as the FMS P-40B (and assorted other goodies) from MRC, so my hobby funds are tapped out for the moment. Maybe when the tax refund comes in I can get in on the pre-order. If not, I should be able to order one at the end of April.

One of the things I really like about this is that we have a choice of 4 separate schemes for each paint color. I wish more companies would do this so that not everyone has the exact same model. And better yet, you can make or have made any set of specific decals you want as it seems only the basic decals are pre-applied at the factory.

Great job MRC and Freewing! Looking forward to many new models in the future!
                                        Pat

Comment

Fantastic!  Who is maidening?  You or your daughter?  :)
                                          Though she has been going flying with ole Dad since the day she could walk, I am ashamed to say I never pushed her that hard to become pilot. I buddy boxed her off and on through the years, and like most kids she demonstrated an amazing aptitude to pick it up, but we never stuck with it. If I had, she'd no doubt be a phenom by now. And a girl at that. But maybe it's not too late ... ;)

Comment

Working...
                                          X