Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes, your eyes have not deceived you! We have control over the even the smallest of variables. In production, at a certain point we pass the "Point of Good Ideas", after which further changes cannot be made. But accurizing the zinc chromate green made it before that deadline!
    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
      Yes, your eyes have not deceived you! We have control over the even the smallest of variables. In production, at a certain point we pass the "Point of Good Ideas", after which further changes cannot be made. But accurizing the zinc chromate green made it before that deadline!

I'm glad it got addressed. That was going to be one of the first things I did if the color as what it first appeared to be. Glad you guys are all over even the small things!
      Pat

Comment

• GREAT, thanks guys, my to do list is really short now
        rc flyin addict

Comment

• That's SO sweet Alpha that you were able to get them to adjust the zinc chromate to a more accurate tone before production! That saves a ton of time of prepping, masking off and painting all those areas. Just another reason to be ga-ga over this new P-38!
          My YouTube RC videos:
          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• I yet again had to buy more towels to wipe the drool off of my keyboard, man its nice....well done guys... I cant wait to see whats next :)
            FMS: PT-17, Waco, B-25, P-40, P-47, J-3
            DF: P-51D, Spitfire, geebee, Skyraider
            Dynam: Grand Cruiser, A-10
            J-pwr P-38, FZ Beaver + too many more

Comment

• I have about 45 minutes into detailing the FlightLineRC 1600mm P-38 "Allied Green" so far. Here are a few pictures to show just the beginning of this model's full potential. Below is a list of what I've done so far, in no particular order. They're all easy to accomplish by any modeler. Small details make everything else "Pop"!

1) Hand painted the gear struts with Tamiya Silver. (3 minutes)
              2) Moved one of the main wheels to the nose wheel, and replaced the two mains with Dubro 2.75" Low Bounce Treaded tires. (1 minute)
              3) Hand painted the wheels with Tamiya Silver, then a dark wash (5 minutes)
              4) Masked and spray painted the nose cone with Krylon 1030 Silver Plate (5-10 minutes)
              5) Silver chipping on the propellers (1 minute)
              6) Dark black/brown flat wash over the guns and propellers (2 minutes)
              7) Airbrushed two washes over the turbochargers, using some matt dry chalks as well for depth (10 minutes)
              8) Painted the radio boxes and weathered the pilot's face (5 minutes)
              9) Painted inside the cowls (3 minutes)

The plan is to fabricate a quick-release for the radio aerials which extend from either vertical stab, converging behind the pilot's seat. Stay tuned for what the final design is, I'll test a few possibilities.
              Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Mate there was no need to go to so much trouble on my bird, but thank you I really appreciate it. Looks great. Can't wait to see what you to do to yours... ;)

Was showing the blokes down at the club today this bird, needless to say everyone can't wait to see it. Can't wait to see/hear some flight reports. :). Think I'm still leaning towards silver, and some dday stripes.

Comment

• Nicely done Alpha! That pretty much covers every detail I plan to do on mine as well. Man I can't wait!
                  My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• These photos look great! Glad I have mine on pre-order. I went with Allied green. I would like to eventually fit a sound system in mine if enough space.
                    Indoor Free Flight columnist for Model Aviation magazine
                    Jets columnist for Park Pilot magazine

Comment

• Sure is nice to see you around these parts Don. Welcome to the HobbySquawk P-38 party!

Comment

• How come everytime I get to this thread, the number of pages changes sometimes higher and sometimes lower and sometimes you can't select a page because it's all one page????? Just askin'

Comment

• Great mods Alpha! I have saved your list of mods and will have to try these when my airplane gets here. Might also have to try a repaint to Robin Olds' Scat III.

Originally posted by PlaneCrazy View Post
                          How come everytime I get to this thread, the number of pages changes sometimes higher and sometimes lower and sometimes you can't select a page because it's all one page????? Just askin'
                          I am having the same issue, and would also like to know why..

Comment

• Originally posted by PlaneCrazy View Post
                            How come everytime I get to this thread, the number of pages changes sometimes higher and sometimes lower and sometimes you can't select a page because it's all one page????? Just askin'
                            Use drop down by your name. User setting, then account, scroll down to where you can set how many posts per page. Set to 20 posts per page, Then save.
                            FMS: PT-17, Waco, B-25, P-40, P-47, J-3
                            DF: P-51D, Spitfire, geebee, Skyraider
                            Dynam: Grand Cruiser, A-10
                            J-pwr P-38, FZ Beaver + too many more

Comment

• Originally posted by The Don View Post
                              These photos look great! Glad I have mine on pre-order. I went with Allied green. I would like to eventually fit a sound system in mine if enough space.
                              I too would like to add my welcome!

All the best,
                              Konrad

Comment

• Thanks olwarbirds, yes these are bugs we are working on. For future reference check out the How To's, Bug Fix Updates and Requests, Etc... post thread in the Forum Feedback forum for information regarding bugs and issues:

http://www.hobbysquawk.com/forum/mot...d-requests-etc

This issue was the first one I mentioned. I will create a banner tomorrow that is easier for everyone to see and click on to report bugs or find out about fixes, updates or to offer feature requests...

Now, back to this gorgeous P-38! Why isn't this in my hands yet??? :p
                                My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by olwarbirds View Post

Use drop down by your name. User setting, then account, scroll down to where you can set how many posts per page. Set to 20 posts per page, Then save.
                                  Thanks! Now back to this gorgeous bird................has mine shipped yet?:p

Comment

• Can't WAIT for the rest of you enthusiasts to receive this model! Hoping to have ours out for more flights this weekend. Need to wrap the article and turn it into Jay Smith over at Model Aviation Magazine. If you have not yet renewed your AMA for 2016, get it done so you don't miss receiving the next issue of the magazine! The P-38 should be on the COVER!

And if you are anywhere near the SFO Bay area and want a sneak peek of this model in person ... ;) A few more photos of Allied Green in action!

Comment

• Awesome! Can't wait to see it. March issue? I may be in there with you. I did a joint article with another writer for March. I think I would have had the cover if it wasn't for you...lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Bajora View Post
                                        Can't WAIT for the rest of you enthusiasts to receive this model! Hoping to have ours out for more flights this weekend. Need to wrap the article and turn it into Jay Smith over at Model Aviation Magazine. If you have not yet renewed your AMA for 2016, get it done so you don't miss receiving the next issue of the magazine! The P-38 should be on the COVER!

And if you are anywhere near the SFO Bay area and want a sneak peek of this model in person ... ;) A few more photos of Allied Green in action!

You are going to be in the Bay area? When and where? I wanna see it.

Bob

Comment

• Originally posted by borntoolate View Post

You are going to be in the Bay area? When and where? I wanna see it.

Bob
                                          I am based in the North Bay Bob. I think if you drill far enough into my user info here it says Sonoma County. PM me for details if you would like to meet up. Probably be flying her on Sunday AM from around 8-11AM

Comment

Working...
                                          X