X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
    Love the new forum banner with the P-38! I was not able to pre-order one, but I hope to have one from the second shipment.
    Hate the new banner, it's just reminding me I cannot buy it yet. ;)

Can't tell ya how long ive waited for a nice size foamy p38. (And a spitty, hint hint).

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
      Love the new forum banner with the P-38! I was not able to pre-order one, but I hope to have one from the second shipment.

Thanks! I couldn't help myself. ;)
      My YouTube RC videos:
      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• No, not sold out yet, but I just bought 3 other planes that have been in the queue. I could not justify 4 with the boss of the checkbook. :p
        Pat

Comment

• question for the motion guys, do you know if there will be spare prop blades sent in the box with the model ?
          AKA meltor

Comment

• Hi Jagdpanther, there aren't any spare blades in the box, but I can look into that possibility in the future.
            Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Being a tricycle gear plane and handling the way Alpha demonstrated in the video (Sharp turn to the right after touchdown) I'd say you'd have to work at it to need new blades...:) That said...spare parts are always good to have around.
              Big time propeller head
              Love flying scale and 3D
              Currently building a GP SE5A

Comment

• I always like to have spares for the inevitable, scares me a bit that years later it could be difficult to locate spares. Would be nice to have um in the box as it's good to have a few, I'll order them just to have on hand if need be.
                rc flyin addict

Comment

• Originally posted by mr.frankenjet View Post
                  I always like to have spares for the inevitable, scares me a bit that years later it could be difficult to locate spares. Would be nice to have um in the box as it's good to have a few, I'll order them just to have on hand if need be.
                  Maybe a solution would be to give all of us pre-order buyers a heads up, just prior to shipping. Then, we could add extra props, spinners, whatever, to the order. That would allow Motion to add them to the box before they ship, and we wouldn't be grounded after a prop strike on maiden. Nothing worse than waiting a week on one part, with a brand new plane. It could also save Motion some shopping costs...

Just a thought...
                  I hate that motorcycle they make me ride. I'm here to tell you, there ain't nothing in the world I hate more than that elephant under my ass.

-Officer John Wintergreen-
                  ElectraGlide in Blue, 1973

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
                    Hi Jagdpanther, there aren't any spare blades in the box, but I can look into that possibility in the future.

Alpha, i keep wanting to call you HAL when i look @ your avatar =D, like FLTRI said if you could please let us know when you ship our pre-orders so we can add to it. i would like to have a spare set of prop blades and spinners for both sides and there is always something that i need to keep the my fleet flying.
                    AKA meltor

Comment

• Good ideas, guys, we'd love to accommodate them but unfortunately in this situation where a container shipment is arriving with a brand new pre-ordered plane and parts, the planes themselves are all shipped out that very same day. Because the plane boxes don't need to be opened, we can ship out every pre-ordered plane box the same day the container arrives, which people love because obviously they receive their order sooner.

Regarding the spare parts, unfortunately it isn't as simple as cutting open pre-ordered plane boxes and slipping in parts on that first day of arrival, since all those parts are still buried in unsorted boxes. The spare parts are packed in [literally] hundreds of smaller boxes, and need to be unpacked, sorted, and inspected before they are then uploaded to the website. This process can take 2-6 business days depending on the workload of other incoming containers at the warehouse, and holding pre-ordered planes on the side while that potentially week-long parts sorting process runs its course isn't ideal.

Once the second shipment arrives, by then we have parts sorted and ready on the shelf, and it's easier to slip those into a plane box before shipping. It's just the timing on the first shipment that complicates things.
                      Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
                        I have about 45 minutes into detailing the FlightLineRC 1600mm P-38 "Allied Green" so far. Here are a few pictures to show just the beginning of this model's full potential. Below is a list of what I've done so far, in no particular order. They're all easy to accomplish by any modeler. Small details make everything else "Pop"!

1) Hand painted the gear struts with Tamiya Silver. (3 minutes)
                        2) Moved one of the main wheels to the nose wheel, and replaced the two mains with Dubro 2.75" Low Bounce Treaded tires. (1 minute)
                        3) Hand painted the wheels with Tamiya Silver, then a dark wash (5 minutes)
                        4) Masked and spray painted the nose cone with Krylon 1030 Silver Plate (5-10 minutes)
                        5) Silver chipping on the propellers (1 minute)
                        6) Dark black/brown flat wash over the guns and propellers (2 minutes)
                        7) Airbrushed two washes over the turbochargers, using some matt dry chalks as well for depth (10 minutes)
                        8) Painted the radio boxes and weathered the pilot's face (5 minutes)
                        9) Painted inside the cowls (3 minutes)

The plan is to fabricate a quick-release for the radio aerials which extend from either vertical stab, converging behind the pilot's seat. Stay tuned for what the final design is, I'll test a few possibilities.
                        I would suggest using a spring and plastic line like what is used on the RocHobby Staggerwing Beech. It works great in that instance and looks good.

Comment

• no problem Alpha thanks for the run down, i will place the order for spares when the time comes.
                          AKA meltor

Comment

• I'll have time to get some spare blades before I actually need them. :shy:
                            rc flyin addict

Comment

• If I have the spare blades, then I wont need them ;) ... think I am going to have too wait for the next shipment, you will more than likely be sold out b4 I get my plane allowance.... DJ
                              FMS: PT-17, Waco, B-25, P-40, P-47, J-3
                              DF: P-51D, Spitfire, geebee, Skyraider
                              Dynam: Grand Cruiser, A-10
                              J-pwr P-38, FZ Beaver + too many more

Comment

• Originally posted by olwarbirds View Post
                                If I have the spare blades, then I wont need them ;) ... think I am going to have too wait for the next shipment, you will more than likely be sold out b4 I get my plane allowance.... DJ
                                You get a plane allowance??? Damn...I gotta renegotiate my deal...
                                Big time propeller head
                                Love flying scale and 3D

Comment

• Maybe I should of clarified that more, I am waiting on a 3 yr federal employee backpay. Its over $3500.00 thats going to be my plane allowance aka new plane shopping spree fund... I am getting the P-38, new P-40, A-10, FW Mustang and a FMS P-51B.... the P-38 and P-40 top the list.... DJ
                                  FMS: PT-17, Waco, B-25, P-40, P-47, J-3
                                  DF: P-51D, Spitfire, geebee, Skyraider
                                  Dynam: Grand Cruiser, A-10
                                  J-pwr P-38, FZ Beaver + too many more

Comment

• That's awesome man! Enjoy your shopping spree...and those are some good choices!

I'm still gonna renegotiate my deal...lol.
                                    Big time propeller head
                                    Love flying scale and 3D

Comment

• Plus 1. Grats mate those will keep you busy and having fun. Best of luck with the maidens. :) (don't forget to report back on how you go...) ;)

Comment

• Is it March yet???
                                        I hate that motorcycle they make me ride. I'm here to tell you, there ain't nothing in the world I hate more than that elephant under my ass.

-Officer John Wintergreen-
                                        ElectraGlide in Blue, 1973

Comment

• I'm ready
                                          rc flyin addict

Comment

Working...
                                          X