Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NICE work , looks fantastic !!

Comment

• Little Pig is coming along! A lot of masking, I feel your pain. :)
      My YouTube RC videos:
      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• THX guys.

Tony..looks like it'll be ready for you.

Getting ready to print up the stencils and nose art.

OK Alpha .................give up the rivets...............what did 'cha use ?? They look great :cool: :cool:

Woody

Comment

• Here are a couple of pictures of the gear modded with the FMS P-51 Wheels, and one of the stock mains on the nose. Still considering a repaint eventually, would love to do Scat III or IV.

Comment

• For the "rivets", I use the small screw driver included with FMS planes, look at photos of the real aircraft for reference, and just go to town.

DeltaDart, nice wheels!
            Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Just a small Teaser for the HobbySquawk gang.

Comment

• Bit windy Ryan?
                The home hangar seems to breed!!

Comment

• SHWEEEEEEET video. :cool:

Alpha.....is that duct foil ? Those rivets had to be time consuming. But they really make the model " POP "

Woody

Comment

• Stood for the first time. :D
                    Got the wiring figured out.
                    Will calibrate the esc's then add control arms.

Those LED's sure are bright.

Woody
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Looks awesome. Well done :)

Comment

• Welp,

Box is here, can't wait to open it but I have an Expo in the A.M. So a real quick peek is at hand. Keep all the Mods, flight video's Coming guys! Really cool stuff to see.

Originally posted by Ryan@Motion/ryramZ View Post
                        Just a small Teaser for the HobbySquawk gang.
                        Were you using rudder?

John

P.S. Maybe by Monday I can dig in! :)

Comment

• I have the silver and will most likely order the green. Just got my issue of Model Aviation. Very nicely done indeed. Way to go Motion. I have so many planes that I need to have a fire sale to get rid of some for the new ones :p

Comment

• Nice teaser Ryan!
                            My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Unbagging, initial inspection and minor assembly done.

Spent the morning leisurely checking all the parts and verifying that all servos work.
                              Installed all pushrods - all fit. All push rod lengths are clearly listed in the manual. The flaps servos simply needed to be sent (using a servo tester) to the beginning limit where the flaps are full up. Those who didn't do that most likely found the rods too short.
                              All gear door push rods had to be adjusted to be shorter. None of the doors actually closed flush under power. The factory just attached them as best they could and manually pushed them closed for shipping.
                              Swapped FMS 1450mm P-51 mains wheels to P-38 mains. Swap one P-38 main to P-38 nose. The mains rubbed the gear door as they passed the door edge so a little dremel work fixed that. Had to auger a bit of foam inside wheel compartment so the tires wouldn't hit. Taped the wires in main gear bay so strut wouldn't catch them. To get the wheel collars off, did what Ryan said ............. Bic lighter for about 15 seconds did the trick, didn't melt anything. Raking the struts as some have done will not work as the doors won't close over the bigger tires. Cutting the strut length down a bit would be needed but I don't feel like doing that. I wanted the bigger tires for grass, not for looks.
                              Stock grey tape covering wire channels lifting at edges. Ran a strip of Blenderm over the grey. No longer a problem and can't easily be seen.

Comment

• My comments on the flap servos... both the inner & outer flap servo arms were way out of position on mine. The connecting rods on the outer servos BARELY fit, and even then I doubt they would have held... little pressure and the ball link end came right off. As for the inner, they just wouldn't reach at all.. were off by about 1/2"+. I tried subtrimming the flaps, and even full subtrim the inners wouldn't reach.

So, I ended up zeroing the subtrim again, modified the longer inner rods to work on the outer servos, and went to the local hobby store to get some threaded rod to make some connecting rods for the inners. Took a lot of work (hobby shop didn't have the same diameter rods, so I had to go a step bigger) but I've got the flaps working proper.

LOVE the model... but ya, think FlightLine/Motion needs to look at the flaps a bit ;)

Comment

• Originally posted by HEMS-DRIVER View Post
                                  Getting close!!!

HEMS, where did you get the Warf head?!?

Comment

• Originally posted by JFandL View Post
                                    Welp,

Box is here, can't wait to open it but I have an Expo in the A.M. So a real quick peek is at hand. Keep all the Mods, flight video's Coming guys! Really cool stuff to see.

Were you using rudder?

John

P.S. Maybe by Monday I can dig in! :)

Rudder? Yes, in turns, not down the runway I just let it crab. It was stupid windy. We have a microphone fuzzy that eliminates wind noise and you could still hear it in places. We were slated to work on other projects that day but it was a blow out. The P-38 photoshoot kept the day from being a total wash, hence the teaser since it was really too nasty to make a good video.

On the other hand the P-38 handled it beautifully. The size and weight gave me the confidence to take her up. I maidened in that junk! lol

Comment

• I swapped out my black screen mesh with the proper aluminum screen mesh. Looks much better. I was using the wrong screen mesh originally (it was black with an adhesive backing so there was no airflow). Much better now.

My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by rtwatkins View Post

HEMS, where did you get the Warf head?!?
                                        HaHa! Somebody I knew 10 plus years ago gave me a whole box of those! I have gave most away, used a few as targets, had that one on the front of my quad copter till he fell off! My Daughter has the last one "I think" on her bike but every time I dig deep looking for something another one will show up lol!

Comment

• Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post
                                          Here are a couple of pictures of the gear modded with the FMS P-51 Wheels, and one of the stock mains on the nose. Still considering a repaint eventually, would love to do Scat III or IV.
                                          what size are the fms wheels ,they look great, similar weight ?
                                          rc flyin addict

Comment

Working...
                                          X