• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lon
    Sweet Aros!!
    Thanks!

Originally posted by jagdpanther9 View Post
    bummer TS, at least there are spare parts to deal with. aros I like the grass field landing. on my maiden I was dealing with a nasty cross wind that pushed me off into the grass and to my surprise it was no big deal at all! the p-38 just did a nice baja run right through it no sweat so I think I should be good @ my local electric field and the short 70x120 ft runway into grass.
    Yeah I've landed her four out of five times now on grass that is far from a golf green and she seems to have no problem with it at all. When I've flown at the track there's been people walking on it so I tend to stay cautious and go for the grass instead of the nice rubber track which I would prefer. Don't these people know they are walking on my runway?!?

;)

My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Started assembly of mine late yesterday. I thought I read something here about the wiring being mislabeled for the lights to the control box in the instructions? Is there a issue ?

Thanks
      Mike
      \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
        TS, sorry to see your Blue Nose P-51 in that shape. I'm glad to hear that your P-38 only needs a center section to be flying again. Call me on Monday and I'll see what I can do to brighten your day, since you are the first P-38 casualty.
        Wow! You guys are awesome. Thankyou Alpha ,I will certainly be calling in an order.
        wanna hear something ironic...the FMS P51 gear I ordered to go on the P38 will be delivered today. rubbin salt in my own wound lol

@Aros...that was a screamin takeoff ..this thing will move wont it! I asked my wife to take some stills, and she said Im going too fast...couldnt help it lol
        yet it will float real slow too

Petie unfortunately is totaled ...was going to try and come up with some funds this weekend to replace it. kinda thinkin of getting the BBD this time,since its loss recently (the real one)

www.TSHobbies.com
        Hobby Paint racks and acrylic display stands for collectibles.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeT View Post
          Started assembly of mine late yesterday. I thought I read something here about the wiring being mislabeled for the lights to the control box in the instructions? Is there a issue ?

Thanks
          Mike
          I dont think its mislabeled..it just doesnt state which one is the flashing light
          www.TSHobbies.com
          Hobby Paint racks and acrylic display stands for collectibles.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeT View Post
            Started assembly of mine late yesterday. I thought I read something here about the wiring being mislabeled for the lights to the control box in the instructions? Is there a issue ?

Thanks
            Mike
            Darn....I can't recall exactly, but when i was putting mine together. I remember something didn't seem right, even though i was going by the manual. But didn't think on it much, cause i rigged up for power and tested them before final assembly. Sorry not much help.
            Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
            Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lon View Post

Darn....I can't recall exactly, but when i was putting mine together. I remember something didn't seem right, even though i was going by the manual. But didn't think on it much, cause i rigged up for power and tested them before final assembly. Sorry not much help.
              Thanks, I'm testing all the servos as I go. I'll check the lights also before I bolt it together.

Thanks
              Mike
              \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• The picture of the circuit module on page 11 shows 4 plugs for the lights. The 2 on the left says "strobe". I assumed this meant whatever you plug into these will flash and in fact, one of them does but the other seems to just stay on solid. Of the 2 on the right, one says "landing". This is for the light on the leading edge of the wing and comes on when the gear goes down. The other one says "wing light". Unless a "Y" is used, then only one tip light will flash or stay solid but not both. I'm not sure which ones are supposed to flash and which ones are supposed to stay on all the time. The only one that makes sense to me is the "landing" light. The only "mis-label" I can see is that only one "strobe" is actually a strobe. The other "strobe" is solid. :huh:

Comment

• I meant to post about this earlier. RE: Using bigger tires. Putting one of the stock mains in the nose gear causes parts of the door control rod to hit the tire. Some guys have re-engineered the rod attachment point on the door (the ball) by physically taking it out and re-attaching it on the other side of the post so the ball points the other direction. This is not necessary. I simply "re-clocked" the servo arm. If you look at the plane head-on, when the door is open, the arm is at 12 o'clock. When closed, it's about 9 o'clock. All you have to do is to remove the arm from the servo and replace it at 9 o'clock when door is open. When closed, it goes to about 6 o'clock. Re-adjust the rod length and put a slight bend in the metal part so it doesn't hit the side of the door opening when door is open and you're done. Nothing hits the tire. Getting a tiny screw driver bit in there and figuring out how to turn it is the trick. I used a small bit and held it with needle nosed pliers and turned the screw in tiny amounts.

Comment

• Please post when someone figures out the lighting situation. I am building mine now. Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by TSHobbies View Post
                      @Aros...that was a screamin takeoff ..this thing will move wont it! I asked my wife to take some stills, and she said Im going too fast...couldnt help it lol yet it will float real slow too
                      No kidding, the funny thing is, I wasn't even trying to take off with that rotation speed but she kind of dictated to me what she wanted, lol! And indeed she equally slows down just as easily...Loving this bird.
                      My YouTube RC videos:
                      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
                        A little ground footage from this evening at the school track...

nice, she looks like a really gentle flyer.

Too funny on the crash carma, I know what you mean, I do the same here.

Started my build today, got the paint this am at the depot, took a few hours to get my mustang up on the ceiling, running out of room here :rolleyes:
                        rc flyin addict

Comment

• Originally posted by TSHobbies View Post
                          hey guys..got a few more flights in today. My normal flying spot was too busy (high school road) ,so I decided to go to my church and use their parking lot. not too bad,lots of space,except a tree line rather close. My wife had video of one of the flights, but somehow accidentally deleted it when editing the footage to remove a mess up.,so all I have are some cell phone stills. 2 different flights being shown..after the landing in the 3rd photo..the rest are.....gulp....the last flight. Painful to say,but I may be the first casualty of the FL P-38....a fitting name to my plane too.
                          on my second flight, at the end of the parking lot is a 4' drop off, which I was going to go over on my landing, so I decided to do a go round. unfortunately ,I was too slow, couldnt get the lift I needed and into the tree line she went. you can see in the last photo her final few seconds. looks like I'll need to replace the entire center section. other than that, it held up pretty good..no broken props either.
                          DUUUUUUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper2 View Post
                            The picture of the circuit module on page 11 shows 4 plugs for the lights. The 2 on the left says "strobe". I assumed this meant whatever you plug into these will flash and in fact, one of them does but the other seems to just stay on solid. Of the 2 on the right, one says "landing". This is for the light on the leading edge of the wing and comes on when the gear goes down. The other one says "wing light". Unless a "Y" is used, then only one tip light will flash or stay solid but not both. I'm not sure which ones are supposed to flash and which ones are supposed to stay on all the time. The only one that makes sense to me is the "landing" light. The only "mis-label" I can see is that only one "strobe" is actually a strobe. The other "strobe" is solid. :huh:
                            My personal opinion is that the wingtip and landing lights should not strobe. The only ones on mine that strobe are the formation lights on the belly.
                            Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
                              My personal opinion is that the wingtip and landing lights should not strobe. The only ones on mine that strobe are the formation lights on the belly.
                              Sounds reasonable. I'll just swap the belly light with the one that strobes. As for the landing light, if plugged into "landing light", they won't strobe.

Comment

• I finally finished the strut swap and after trying several different wheels I have decided on the Robart 2.75" on the mains and the 2.5" on the nose.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Mains_Final.jpg
Views:	587
Size:	1.29 MB
ID:	36809

Click image for larger version

Name:	Nose_Final.jpg
Views:	526
Size:	1.06 MB
ID:	36810
                                TiredIron Aviation
                                Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• That looks awesome! Did you do the nose gear with the strut as well?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ryan@Motion/ryramZ View Post
                                    That looks awesome! Did you do the nose gear with the strut as well?

Yes, the top picture is the nose gear...the mains are a direct bolt on other than changing the wheels.
                                    TiredIron Aviation
                                    Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post

Yes, the top picture is the nose gear...the mains are a direct bolt on other than changing the wheels.
                                      Doh, I didn't look hard enough. Man that's awesome. Have you flown with them yet? Looks like two lefts and a right. Smaller wheels for clearance I assume.

One more question, ok maybe two. Did you use the FW p51 strut pins that came with the struts? What about nose steering? C clip?

Comment

• That looks totally awesome Tired Iron, so realistic!!!
                                        Aros, I see this in your future, Ryan's too.
                                        Hey Ryan, check your mail!

Grossman56
                                        Team Gross!

Comment

• I wrote you back Grossman. Tired Iron, I'm checking your mod thread where my questions have been answered, belay my last.

Comment

Working...
                                          X