• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post

That is SO cool!! :Cool:
    In the goggles it really gives a feel of in the cockpit

Comment

• Awesome!

Comment

• Nearly ready to maiden my war weary "Lil Buckaroo". The graphics look awesome, thanks Callie!
        Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Wesnc View Post
          Nearly ready to maiden my war weary "Lil Buckaroo". The graphics look awesome, thanks Callie!
          Looks great, nice to see a different livery.

TiredIron Aviation
          Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Looks great

Comment

• thank you for serving

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post

In the goggles it really gives a feel of in the cockpit
                What system are you using in the plane. Thanks :Cool:
                AMA 424553

Comment

• Great livery and weathering Wesnc!
                  My YouTube RC videos:
                  https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Has anyone switched the propeller rotation so that counter rotating props are going inward instead of the default outward rotation?

Comment

• Originally posted by zorkahn View Post
                      Has anyone switched the propeller rotation so that counter rotating props are going inward instead of the default outward rotation?
                      Hello Zorkahn,
                      In all the readings on this bird across the forums, I am unaware of anyone doing that. Yeah it is standard protocol to do that on twins but this bird is unique in it's design.
                      The full size design had to go with outward counter rotation due to the disruptive wash effects on the tail surfaces with the normal inward counter rotation.
                      Let us know on what you find. ;)
                      Warbird Charlie
                      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Originally posted by zorkahn View Post
                        Has anyone switched the propeller rotation so that counter rotating props are going inward instead of the default outward rotation?
                        It can be done simply by switching two of the ESC to motor leads on each of the ESCs, but they way it is set up stock is actually the proper rotation based on the full scale aircraft. I see no reason to have to change the stock rotation.
                        Pat

Comment

• I've flown them both tips in and both tips out. The flight characteristics in the model aren't markedly different. As Crxmanpat said, we chose to deliver the PNP already configured to rotate in the same directions as the real P-38. It makes for a nice bit of trivia when someone at the field tries to tell you your props are on wrong. "Actually..."
                          Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Great info, Alpha! I was curious whether or not this model would exhibit the same instabilities seen on the full-scale P-38. BTW, we've had long decisions at our field about prop directions on twins. I'm glad that you guys accurately modeled the prop direction of the full scale plane.
                            ---
                            Warbirder

Comment

• My understanding is the issue was not instability with inward rotating props, but that the aircraft was a better gun platform with outward rotating props. The aircraft flew fine either way but was able to put more bullets in the aiming circle when outward rotating. I find it hard to believe there is any noticeable difference in the model regardless of rotation...Pete M

Comment

• In this RC model, the model behaves the same. Air doesn't scale, and for many reasons the forces at work on the real P-38 aren't at work here. The model P-38 doesn't enter a high speed compressibility stall, either, and doesn't require dive flaps, like the real aircraft. Some of the perks of developing a model versus the real thing!

Comment

• Rifleman, I commend you for your FPV cockpit setup. I must admit I prefer flying FPV with a full OSD and outside the confines of a cockpit. Bravo Zulu!

Wesnc, that's a really nice livery! Your weathering is subtle and believable. Best of luck on your maiden!

Comment

• The setup is the fatshark pan and tilt, with a 600mw tx the goggles are the fatshark attitude v3. The DVR is the stand alone from ready made rc. The osd is the Cyclops breeze pro. All work well together. The only other thing I done for this was buy a spare canopy. That way all my FPV gear comes out in one piece to do regular los flying without harm to the plane at all.

Comment

• Thanks everyone for the discussion on prop rotation! Every twin I have has the props rotating inward, so had me wondering about this model. I know the real P-38 has outward rotation. Now that Alpha has confirmed that this model works just fine with the default rotation, I am good with that.

I finished the gear upgrade last night and started on the decals and final bits. Still have to decide between Battle Axe or MADU by tonight!

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
                                        The setup is the fatshark pan and tilt, with a 600mw tx the goggles are the fatshark attitude v3. The DVR is the stand alone from ready made rc. The osd is the Cyclops breeze pro. All work well together. The only other thing I done for this was buy a spare canopy. That way all my FPV gear comes out in one piece to do regular los flying without harm to the plane at all.
                                        Thanks, I will check that out. R.:Cool:
                                        AMA 424553

Comment

• Originally posted by Wesnc View Post
                                          Nearly ready to maiden my war weary "Lil Buckaroo". The graphics look awesome, thanks Callie!
                                          looks great!

Here's my Lil' Buckaroo....

Page 298-Discussion FlightLineRC P-38L Lightning 1600mm (63inch) Electric Warbirds

Comment

Working...
                                          X