Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am having a problem getting the all of the decal shown off the paper backing when lifting up the clear top layer with the decal to then place on the airplane. I get about half of the lettering to come up with the clear top layer and the other half stays on the paper backing. Anyone have any suggestions on how to get all the decal letters to come off the paper backing at the same time so I can transfer the complete decal to the airplane? Otherwise, will I have to get what I can of the decal lettering off the paper backing and transferred on to the airplane and then peal the rest of the letters off the paper backing one by one to transfer to the airplane?

Comment

• Warm up the front so the glue will hold better, then rub it down will your fingernail before trying to peel off the backing.
      TiredIron Aviation
      Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Originally posted by zorkahn View Post
        I am having a problem getting the all of the decal shown off the paper backing when lifting up the clear top layer with the decal to then place on the airplane. I get about half of the lettering to come up with the clear top layer and the other half stays on the paper backing. Anyone have any suggestions on how to get all the decal letters to come off the paper backing at the same time so I can transfer the complete decal to the airplane? Otherwise, will I have to get what I can of the decal lettering off the paper backing and transferred on to the airplane and then peal the rest of the letters off the paper backing one by one to transfer to the airplane?
        TI has good advice. Also, try to pull the clear transfer film along the surface of the airplane rather than off and away, kind of roll it back. Sometimes you can use a hobby knife to help you out when you see the decal being stubborn.

Comment

• If it starts to lift, I lay it back down and rub on it some more. And like Ryan says, bend the backing right over and peel 180 degrees.
          Here's a challenge, the whole top of the wing of my Pitts (blue part) was a decal. That's a 1400 mm wing! time and patience got her on. One thing I would caution is to NOT apply any Minwax or Varathane to the surface before applying the decal. The decal binds to the coating and not to the wing. I've had to use good old testors model glue to bind directly to the plane.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3641.JPG
Views:	446
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	62713

Grossman56
          Team Gross!

Comment

• Here's a quick little idea for hard to reach screws like the retract door servos. If you ever need. It works great for me.

Comment

• Nice! :Cool:
              My YouTube RC videos:
              https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Great suggestion Rifleman, we got some tips from a show that the wife was watching last night, the one that stood out in my mind is that if you have a screw head that's starting to strip, put a rubber band over the top and use the screwdriver into the rubber band then into the threads, haven't tried it yet, but will definitely when I run into that little irritant !

Grossman56
                Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
                  Great suggestion Rifleman, we got some tips from a show that the wife was watching last night, the one that stood out in my mind is that if you have a screw head that's starting to strip, put a rubber band over the top and use the screwdriver into the rubber band then into the threads, haven't tried it yet, but will definitely when I run into that little irritant !

Grossman56
                  What show was that? Sounds worth a look.
                  Bob Duncan

The only real helicopter is the CH-47 Chinook. The rest are just sling loads!

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
                    Here's a quick little idea for hard to reach screws like the retract door servos. If you ever need. It works great for me.
                    What kind of socket wrench is that? Get it at Lowe's?
                    Bob Duncan

The only real helicopter is the CH-47 Chinook. The rest are just sling loads!

Comment

• I'm not sure just found it in the old tool box. Not even sure what brand it is honestly :/

Comment

• Can someone tell me if the star-and-bars decals are indeed peel off top carrier like the rest of them (other than the prop decals), or if they are stickers? They sure don't look like they are.

Comment

• Yes they are like the rest peel off the top.

Comment

• Scratch that I was wrong they are just a standard sticker

Comment

• Comment

• Very :Cool: Ryan. I just kept thinking however of the AWWWW :Poo: if that stick mount failed back into the port prop :Angry:
                                Warbird Charlie
                                HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• One well endowed native American... Jokes aside, what do you do with the holes when you're done flying with the camera?

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (23).png
Views:	353
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	63640

No holes, the stick is in the air in naca hole in the nose and then anchored to the battery tray inside.

Comment

• Nice!

Comment

• Sweet POV Ryan! What about experimenting with a transparent/plastic stick? How much does it effect CG?
                                        My YouTube RC videos:
                                        https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• I've started adding the nomenclature to the silver P-38 and am wondering about some of the locations. For example I am doing Battle Axe which has 114 on the rudders. There are some nomenclature that would go on top of both of the "ones" if I did it that way. Would the real aircraft have all the nomenclature in place before painting it up for the pilot? Would the nomenclature be under the 114 on the rudder, would it be removed before painting the 114 on the rudder?

Comment

Working...
                                          X