Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some of the passengers should look familiar.

Comment

• The pilots have arrived and are now installed. Passengers include (for those that are not old enough to know) Frankenstein and his bride, Amelia Earhart, and Jimmy Stewart.

Comment

• Twowing's Girl Classy!

Comment

• My Nexa Ju-52 is finally finished and ready to maiden. Now all I need is some decent weather. Passengers aboard include (but not limited to) Frankenstein and his Bride, Jimmy Stewart, and Amelia Earhart. Went with the early pre-war livery.

Click image for larger version

Name:	JU-521a.jpg
Views:	451
Size:	282.2 KB
ID:	328158Click image for larger version

Name:	JU-522a.jpg
Views:	428
Size:	276.5 KB
ID:	328159Click image for larger version

Name:	JU-523a.jpg
Views:	399
Size:	280.3 KB
ID:	328160Click image for larger version

Name:	JU-524a.jpg
Views:	411
Size:	302.6 KB
ID:	328161Click image for larger version

Name:	JU-525a.jpg
Views:	422
Size:	233.3 KB
ID:	328162Click image for larger version

Name:	JU-526a.jpg
Views:	416
Size:	239.6 KB
ID:	328163

Comment

• Twowing's Girl
            Warbird Charlie
            HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Twowing's Girl You did great! Of coarse, I may be a bit bias....

Comment

• On the maiden and subsequent flight, the bird wanted to pull pretty hard to the left on take-off roll. Even with a pretty good amount of right rudder applied. It seemed to track well once in the air. If you added throttle quickly from slower flight, it would drift left.

None of the firewalls have any right thrust built in. We were using all standard rotation props, so going left was not really a surprise.

We have since added a counter rotating prop on the right motor and have added just over a degree of right thrust to the nose motor. We'll give it another go in the spring.

The plane flys nicely and has plenty of power. We did mechanically set about 2mm of reflex in the ailerons and used differential as well. It landed well with full flaps and no elevator mix needed.

As another note, the covering tends to loosen up a bit in the sun. After some experimentation, we found that a covering iron, with a sock on it, set to about 350 degrees F tightens the covering up nicely. Just be careful not to keep the iron on one place too long. It could over-shrink the covering and distort the printed pattern.

Comment

• Hello all Nexa Junkers ju52 owners. I am considering purchasing one from motion RC and was hoping I could get a list of hardware that worked best for this bird. I’ve read a lot of the conversation amongst fellow warbird enthusiasts.it would be a tremendous help to get a list of: motors,ESC’s,servos and any other electronics you can think of. I’m not the most experienced with multi motors so someone’s help would be very much appreciated. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                  X