Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Balanced mine with wheels down like a lot of people say to do using a Roaring Top 6S 5000 battery. Don't think that it was out of balance that caused it to do that.

Comment

• Make sure you calibrate the ESCs and check the tightness of the prop hubs. Almost had a similar situation but caught it before it was airborne.

Comment

• Thanks! I'll double check those. And everything else 😎

Comment

• Went and double checked everything and recalibrated the ESC's. Everything looks ok. Did run up the motors on the ground and visually it looks like the right engine is spinning faster than the left. I don't have a tachometer so can't check the rpm's. If that is the case that would explain why it wanted to bank to the left and when I cut the throttle it leveled off. I'll see if someone in our club has a tach I can borrow next chance I can get to the field. Any thoughts?
          Thanks

Comment

• Hello everyone thank you for the add! i just ordered my B 25 on Sunday Jan 21st. just got confirmation it will be delivered Friday Jan 26 with basic shipping WOW!!!! Anyway I have been out of the flying since 2007, but have been steady in the rc hobby with running trucks, buggies and boats since that was easier to get my son involved with it. Any way he is 16 now and lost interest in the hobby. anyway long story short im getting back into flying im going to put my sig senior sport with a saito 82 up this weekend weather permitting and looking foward to taking my time geting this beautiful B 25 put together. sorry about the rambiling. thank you again.

Comment

• MJG3

Welcome to Hobby Squawk, Sir. Glad to have you onboard. I, too, came back to our hobby after 20+ years away.

Much has changed but all for the good. Looking forward to more posts from you and your impressions of the FlightLine B-25J.

Best, LB
              I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
              ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
              ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Yes welcome mjg3 that time with ya son is irreplaceable... i went fishing with my son till he was around 24 hese discoved girls,, now i fly foam .... eellbb u have one of thes?.. i think any pics yet,, or still in box,, r u doing repaint.?.

Comment

• Originally posted by f4u ausie View Post
                  Yes welcome mjg3 that time with ya son is irreplaceable... i went fishing with my son till he was around 24 hese discoved girls,, now i fly foam .... eellbb u have one of thes?.. i think any pics yet,, or still in box,, r u doing repaint.?.
                  F4u, Yes, I have this beautiful Mitchell.

I am probably going to convert mine into an early war "C" Model.

I am waiting for Motion to get in some spare parts for this airframe so I don't have to reinvent the wheel on the second turret.

The rear tail fuselage glass is different so I might have to improve my vacuum forming skills, we'll see.

In any event, I hope this is my Winter project, but I have not ruled out the Tomcat which was going to be my Winter project until Motion surprised us with the B-25.

Good news is it is still January, which is also the bad news...I really dislike the cold any more.

Best, LB
                  ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Come on Elbee, get those old bones a-move -in. Missing my daily dose of modification where I learn many new things . I hate this cold weather also.

Best Regards, Rex

Comment

• Originally posted by jetfool View Post
                      Come on Elbee, get those old bones a-move -in. Missing my daily dose of modification where I learn many new things . I hate this cold weather also.

Best Regards, Rex
                      I'm with you J Fool, how else am I going to learn stuff! As for me, I love the winter cold weather, gets down to 75 and I can break out the sweaters. 😎 Better than the 98 in the shade coming back in the summer.
                      Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                      Hangar: Mig 29 "Cobra", 8S EuroFighter-Bronze Tiger, A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, 8S F16 Wild Weasel, 8S F4 Jolly Rodgers & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, B-24, Stinger 90, Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 62" Extra 300, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, 62" Edge Demonstrator. FMS-SU-30,1700mm P-51, Corsair, Viper, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P51.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Hugh Wiedman;n395698] I love the winter cold weather, gets down to 75 and I can break out the sweaters. 😎

Keep killin' me.

~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Oh Man Hugh you are just rubbing it in! Been 0 below last week in Indiana. Sweater at 75 in jan.,I feel for you. LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post

F4u, Yes, I have this beautiful Mitchell.

I am probably going to convert mine into an early war "C" Model.

I am waiting for Motion to get in some spare parts for this airframe so I don't have to reinvent the wheel on the second turret.

The rear tail fuselage glass is different so I might have to improve my vacuum forming skills, we'll see.

In any event, I hope this is my Winter project, but I have not ruled out the Tomcat which was going to be my Winter project until Motion surprised us with the B-25.

Good news is it is still January, which is also the bad news...I really dislike the cold any more.

Best, LB
                            When I am recovered enough physically, I will be modding my B-25 into a "B" model. I did this on one of my FMS B-25s.
                            Like my FMS, I will be relocating the top turret rearwards, removing the "cheek" guns and rear gunner position and adding the clear tail cone. I did vacuum form a rear glass for my FMS.
                            it was not easy but it can be done. I did order and receive the spare parts from Motion to help me along with the mod.

I am curious to see how you fare on your conversion. Maybe we can help guide each other!

Take care, LB.

Comment

• borntoolate, Absolutely, sounds like a plan.

The rear fuselage glass is a challenge.

I've been thinking about building a small vacuum-forming machine for doing 'clear' parts for a couple years.

I figure this is now a good time to start that project.

Stay in touch.

Best, Steve
                              ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• HEADS UP GUYS...........SPARES ARE IN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post
                                  borntoolate, Absolutely, sounds like a plan.

The rear fuselage glass is a challenge.

I've been thinking about building a small vacuum-forming machine for doing 'clear' parts for a couple years.

I figure this is now a good time to start that project.

Stay in touch.

Best, Steve
                                  Steve, I built a simple vacuum form box to form some parts for my FMS B-25s. I made a plug out of balsa for both the B clear tailcone as well as solid noses for the B-25 gunship versions. They came out pretty nice.
                                  I suppose I can try to make a tailcone plug for this new FL model. The clear parts were a bit more difficult than the nose parts but I did manage to complete both. I am looking forward to finally getting back into the build/mod action. Of course, if you manage to achieve this before me (highly likely), I would certainly like to buy one from you!

Bob

Comment

• Hey, Bob,

After your earlier post I got to thinking about vacuum-forming (again).

As a kid in the '60s, I had a Mattel Vac-u-Form and loved it, but like most 'kid' things I tossed it out somewhere in my early idiot-teens.

I have everything I would need around here to build a larger version,

I have watched u-toob vids ad nauseum over the last few years about how to build one.

The thing is, I do not have a place to keep it after I build it and use it.
                                    So, I might reach back into my childhood and pickup an old Mattel Vacu-u-Form.

This part isn't going to be very big, I think the build plate on the Mattel is about 4" x 4".

Clear sheets I could get from Evergreen Plastics, I think.

The part could be perfectly smooth and the panel lines applied with a thin tape after.

Anyway, those are my current thoughts.

Still in thinking stages.

Best, Steve
                                    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Gentlemen,

Sorry to jump in this conversation, but I used to vacuum form RC truck bodies years ago. I used my household oven, peg board, and a shop vac. For the small parts, I used an easy bake oven with a smaller peg board. For the plastic, I used thin Lexan sheets. I use this method for clear canopies for some of my 3D printed planes. The below video is not me, but the same process I used.

Comment

• Originally posted by rlcamden View Post
                                        Gentlemen,

Sorry to jump in this conversation, but I used to vacuum form RC truck bodies years ago. I used my household oven, peg board, and a shop vac. For the small parts, I used an easy bake oven with a smaller peg board. For the plastic, I used thin Lexan sheets. I use this method for clear canopies for some of my 3D printed planes. The below video is not me, but the same process I used.

https://youtu.be/ooVBJbYac_4?si=pRIiUBEvbe2tZEPI
                                        This pretty much describes what I built to form parts. The wife, of course, was not too happy with me heating plastic in "her" oven!

Comment

• Originally posted by rlcamden View Post
                                          Gentlemen,Sorry to jump in this conversation, but I used to vacuum form RC truck bodies years ago. I used my household oven, peg board, and a shop vac. For the small parts, I used an easy bake oven with a smaller peg board. For the plastic, I used thin Lexan sheets. I use this method for clear canopies for some of my 3D printed planes. The below video is not me, but the same process I used.
                                          RLC, not at all, there's no apology needed.

I have been thinking about this for some time.
                                          She, whose authority exceeds my rank, won't allow me within 2 feet of the oven unless I'm cleaning the stove-top.

So that is not an option here.

Where did you source your Lexan. That would be my preferred material.

I looked online at vacuform machines, but the price is out there for something I might use a couple of times a year.

I did not look for services, but again, costs are a concern for one-offs or two-offs.​

Best, LB
                                          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Working...
                                          X