You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official FlightLine 1600mm B-25J Mitchell PNP Thread

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I'm sure it has been covered here somewhere in the many previous pages ... just want to check to see if the CG location as noted in the instructions (and the mark on the bottom of the wings) is good ?

    Thanks.

    Comment


    • No issues with mine. Admiral 6s5000 as far forward as it will go.

      Comment


      • Same here. CG is good as marked. Depends on battery size and weight of course. I measure mine gear down right side up (since it is a mid-wing).

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Fast N Light View Post
          3D printed gunship nose in work
          Nice work Fast N Light, love the 8-gun noses! Look forward to seeing your progress on this mod. Really like the 498th & 499th Bomber Squadrons paint schemes as well as reading about their activities in the SW Pacific.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Cubcrafter60 View Post

            Nice work Fast N Light, love the 8-gun noses! Look forward to seeing your progress on this mod. Really like the 498th & 499th Bomber Squadrons paint schemes as well as reading about their activities in the SW Pacific.
            I love those schemes!
            Click image for larger version

Name:	P1020715.jpg
Views:	341
Size:	82.2 KB
ID:	402394 Click image for larger version

Name:	P1020706.jpg
Views:	333
Size:	98.1 KB
ID:	402395

            Comment


            • That's what I'm talking about! 😎 Is that the older FMS B-25? If so very nice job on the conversion! I was thinking about carving a one off nose from balsa or foam but after reading through the thread and seeing a lot folks saying that they're having to move their battery as far forward as possible, I was thinking a 3D printed or fiberglass nose might help (not trying to add 'dead' weight). I was excited to learn of Fast N Light's efforts as today a 3D printed nose would be more practical but I'm more familiar with the fiberglass route. I've been gathering all the info I can find on the 8-gun noses. I sure wouldn't have wanted to be on the PO'd end of 14 - (with the top turret swung forward) .50 cal. machine guns pointed my way!

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Cubcrafter60 View Post
                That's what I'm talking about! 😎 Is that the older FMS B-25? If so very nice job on the conversion! I was thinking about carving a one off nose from balsa or foam but after reading through the thread and seeing a lot folks saying that they're having to move their battery as far forward as possible, I was thinking a 3D printed or fiberglass nose might help (not trying to add 'dead' weight). I was excited to learn of Fast N Light's efforts as today a 3D printed nose would be more practical but I'm more familiar with the fiberglass route. I've been gathering all the info I can find on the 8-gun noses. I sure wouldn't have wanted to be on the PO'd end of 14 - (with the top turret swung forward) .50 cal. machine guns pointed my way!
                Yessir! This is the FMS B-25. It still has the masking on the cockpit windows in this pic. I vacuum formed the "J" solid nose and formed them out of abs. I also vac-formed the short "H" nose. I did the 498th scheme as well as the PBJ marine version solid nose. It was my first attempt to vac-form anything. I was pretty happy with the result.


                Bob

                Comment


                • Very nice work Bob! My first choice would be a 498th aircraft but that falcon looks a little intimidating (painting wise), the 499th ship would be a very close second, and easiest of all (but still kind of interesting) would be the 501st ship.

                  Robin

                  Click image for larger version

Name:	North American B-25J-11 Mitchell 014.jpg
Views:	332
Size:	98.0 KB
ID:	402444





                  Attached Files

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Cubcrafter60 View Post
                    Very nice work Bob! My first choice would be a 498th aircraft but that falcon looks a little intimidating (painting wise), the 499th ship would be a very close second, and easiest of all (but still kind of interesting) would be the 501st ship.

                    Robin

                    Click image for larger version

Name:	North American B-25J-11 Mitchell 014.jpg
Views:	332
Size:	98.0 KB
ID:	402444




                    The painting was actually ptryy easy.

                    The yellow and green are the paints. The other - the eye, mouth and diagonal jagged line ant tail are decals from Callie-graphics.On a scale of difficulty 1-10, this scheme ia about a 3.
                    Mask off windows, spray the green uppers and grey lower sides, and apply decals.

                    Comment


                    • 8-gun and cannon nose conversion of a Wing Mfg kit.

                      Comment


                      • Charlee. Nicely done and Welcome to Hobby Squawk. Best, LB
                        I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

                        You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                        ~Anonymous~

                        AMA#116446

                        Comment


                        • I'm new to flying RC planes. I have flown some small 2-foot wingspan planes before, but this is my first significant plane. I have a 12-acre field surrounded by trees, and I was wondering if that would be an adequate-sized area to take this plane. How much room do I need for this plane, and what is the service ceiling? Do I need to worry about this plane going higher than 400 ft? Also, I only have a rough gravel drive for a runway. Is that recommended, or should I find an AMA field with an asphalt runway?

                          Comment


                          • To many planes not enough time. I have had mine ready now for four week. and will have a 2hour window tomorrow morning to test fly it. I am flying mine with the Admiral 5100 carbon 70c batteries every thing programmed, plane balanced ready for the Wild blue
                            Click image for larger version  Name:	8E97B101-4BDE-4604-8DF1-2E89ED005C3C.jpg Views:	0 Size:	189.5 KB ID:	403438

                            Comment


                            • Good luck with the maiden!

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                                Good luck with the maiden!
                                You mean TEST FLIGHT I have heard of test pilots, but not maiden pilots, For some odd reason I just do not like that term. but that's me LOL!!!The Test Flight went off just fine. Now it's going to a friend of mine for the nose art and detailing. The man is an awesome artist with an Airbrush. In fact last year EAFB had him do the Art work on the tail of a B-1B for the Anniversary of the Doo Little Raiders. he is a retired Airman

                                Comment


                                • Elbee
                                  Elbee commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  Yep, Test flight or first check flight are my preferred.
                                  Not certain why 'maiden' just doesn't quite fit for me, either.
                                  Respectfully, LB

                              • Not sure how to respond. I guess I retract my good luck wishes. Didn’t mean to offend you.

                                Comment


                                • Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                                  Not sure how to respond. I guess I retract my good luck wishes. Didn’t mean to offend you.
                                  No need to do that Sir. Thank you for your comment I hope I didn't offend you. I am just an old fart that just doesn't
                                  like that nomenclature been around full scale Pilot's to long LOL!!! I need to keep my Opinions to my self some times. I apologize to any one I may have Offended with my maiden comment

                                  Comment


                                  • Finnaly got some decent weather here in the Black Hills. So I loaded up my Flight Line B-25 and put the Test flight on it today. The B-25 First flight went trouble free and very little trim change She's a Keeper I went ahead and put 6 Flights on it. This first landing was not the greatest but I'll take it LOL!!! https://youtu.be/wIqxbg-tNFY

                                    Comment


                                    • Nice first flight. Question what are everyone's opinion on the B25? Without me reading all the post are there any upgrades required out of the box?

                                      Have a great holiday.

                                      Keith

                                      Comment


                                      • Click image for larger version

Name:	C94DB04C-4F0A-40CD-AE49-460FF94A4B35.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	273.5 KB
ID:	403868
                                        Originally posted by Corsair24 View Post
                                        Nice first flight. Question what are everyone's opinion on the B25? Without me reading all the post are there any upgrades required out of the box?

                                        Have a great holiday.

                                        Keith
                                        No. there are no needed upgrades just assemble program and go fly. There is an assortment of different Liveries you can install or you can find many more at Callie Graphics for this B-25

                                        Comment

                                        Working...
                                        X