You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official FlightLine 1600mm B-25J Mitchell PNP Thread

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Aros, Visited Portland in June of '88 for the Rose Festival and see the Indycar Portland Grand Prix. Four of Seven days, we made day trips from Portland along the Columbia River (as best we could) toward Seaside OR. We visited Astoria twice during that trip. As I recall, a very beautiful area and NNW Oregon was just amazing. Congrats on the move. I hope we are not losing you, Sir. Best, LB
    I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

    You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
    ~Anonymous~

    AMA#116446

    Comment


    • I ordered a set of 3 1/4 robart mains hoping the wheel diameter would be the same as the 3-1/2 to fit the 3DP B-25 wheels. Unfortunately, the Wheel was also smaller. I originally planned to use the factory tire, so once the B-25 parts become in stock at motionrc, i grabbed a pair. Some minor dissection and they fit on the 3DP wheels.

      Ill CA them to the wheels just like we do for RC Cars.
      Attached Files

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Elbee View Post
        Aros, Visited Portland in June of '88 for the Rose Festival and see the Indycar Portland Grand Prix. Four of Seven days, we made day trips from Portland along the Columbia River (as best we could) toward Seaside OR. We visited Astoria twice during that trip. As I recall, a very beautiful area and NNW Oregon was just amazing. Congrats on the move. I hope we are not losing you, Sir. Best, LB
        You will have to come back out for a visit! And nope, not losing me, the beauty of working remotely!
        My YouTube RC videos:
        https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

        Comment


        • Finally was able to do my maiden flight today. The plane handled beautifully. I bounced a bit on my landing but she took it without damage. Forgive the video. It was done with my gopro.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by desertdrifter7 View Post
            Finally was able to do my maiden flight today. The plane handled beautifully. I bounced a bit on my landing but she took it without damage. Forgive the video. It was done with my gopro.
            We will try to forgive the video but it actually takes one to view to forgive.
            My YouTube RC videos:
            https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Enzo_K View Post

              Have the same issue on MANY Freewing/Flightline products. Dating back as early as late 2021 (Been a Freewing customer for years, early 2022 or late 2021 was the first time I encountered this issue)

              I have a whole story to share if somebody is interested. I will cut it short here: MRC CS is a joke. I don't wanna mention names. But if you are talking with someone's name starts with a D & an M. You are better off just rubbing it in.

              This "Gatoring" issue has been going on for almost 2 years. And no one at MRC ever wanted to address it.

              I am currently arguing with MRC about my B25. Screenshots from Arthur RC's video show how bad some of the "gatoring" is. Some of them are minor. Like my Ta152 and Mirage. You could probably deal with it. Some of them are just unbearable. Like my P38, B25 & A6.

              My speculation on this is the "Gatoring" happened during sea transfers. Which I think MRC is in charge of, correct me if I'm wrong. Because none of the social media in mainland China have I ever heard about this "Gatoring" issue complain. Nor has any of my friends in China ever experienced this "Gatoring" issue from Freewing/ Flightline products. At least not on a large scale (small imperfections are acceptable, but this is way beyond).
              Edited 1: I don't think it is caused by sitting at the US customs for inspections. As Arthur RC is located in France, and received his B25 in early August. Also, it doesn't explain past "Gatoring" on other models.

              Here are some examples of the A6 and the B25. Open attachments to see more life-like gators! Lol​
              Click image for larger version Name:	A6 bad fuse.jpg Views:	0 Size:	102.0 KB ID:	388329 Click image for larger version Name:	B25 bad wing 2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	54.6 KB ID:	388333 Click image for larger version Name:	A6 bad fuse 5.jpg Views:	9 Size:	65.7 KB ID:	388313 Click image for larger version Name:	B25 Arthur RC bad fuse.png Views:	7 Size:	1.07 MB ID:	388319 Click image for larger version Name:	P38 bad wing.jpg Views:	7 Size:	44.9 KB ID:	388306 Click image for larger version

Name:	B25 bad fuse 2.jpg
Views:	983
Size:	69.8 KB
ID:	388314

              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ha95x_uqLn4
              My B-25 looks almost exactly like your photos across all parts, and worse in certain areas. I opened a ticket for a direct exchange, but was told that all foam planes can be expected to have gatored finishes and that I could just return it. No remedy would be offered.



              Coincidentally, I ordered limited B-25 spare parts just to have them and they actually look great with zero of the gatoring evidenced on my full aircraft, so the MRC "customer service" response is pretty dismissive.








              Comment


              • Originally posted by Pboilermaker View Post

                My B-25 looks almost exactly like your photos across all parts, and worse in certain areas. I opened a ticket for a direct exchange, but was told that all foam planes can be expected to have gatored finishes and that I could just return it. No remedy would be offered.



                Coincidentally, I ordered limited B-25 spare parts just to have them and they actually look great with zero of the gatoring evidenced on my full aircraft, so the MRC "customer service" response is pretty dismissive.







                Sorry to hear about this. Keep talking to them. Attach more photos. I decided to keep the plane and received compensation. You can either do that or return it and get a refund.
                The "foam planes can be expected to have gatored finishes​" part is definitely BS. Small areas of imperfection might be acceptable. But the whole top of the wing, the fuselage is not a small imperfection. And it is definitely not caused by the manufacturing process.

                Regarding the CS team from MRC? I can't say all of them. But 2 of their CS representatives have been straight out lying to me before, not once, but multiple times.

                Comment


                • At this point. I hope they find out why this is happening. If my speculations are correct. MRC leaving this issue unaddressed means there will be more great products from Freewing/Flightline, which should've been of great quality, being damaged in the future.

                  Comment


                  • I have completed the pre-flight fit-up and assembly for the scale rims with Robart tires. Several design changes have been incorporated into the rims as a result of the fit-up. Updated .STL files and guidance are posted on Thingiverse

                    My thanks to JD and others who helped me develop these

                    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4097.jpg
Views:	637
Size:	170.2 KB
ID:	389008 Click image for larger version

Name:	B-25 Front.jpg
Views:	604
Size:	230.2 KB
ID:	389009 Click image for larger version

Name:	B-25 Main.jpg
Views:	600
Size:	222.1 KB
ID:	389010

                    Comment


                    • So...where are people installing their receivers? I have an 8 channel that does wedge in snuggly next to the wiring distro box but...not sure I like it right up on it. Not like it's high voltage pumping through but....yea. I've had problems with receivers being to close to the battery connection causing issues. I just don't see much room elsewhere for a receiver. Would love to see some pics of your setup folks.
                      she's a beautiful girl...for sure. If she flies anything like the AL37 I'll be a happy boy...lol. Took the last two winter flying seasons off after another knee surgery and...got into and hooked on 3D printing, raspberry pi, Microcontrollers and IoT dev. Afraid I'll be a bit rusty lol. Been waiting for a quality made B25 and here she is. Time to get back out there.

                      Next on the wishlist... A B26. Medium bomber that flew like a fighter.
                      ​​​​

                      Comment


                      • Back behind the MCBe.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Gecko 17 View Post
                          So...where are people installing their receivers? I have an 8 channel that does wedge in snuggly next to the wiring distro box but...not sure I like it right up on it. Not like it's high voltage pumping through but....yea. I've had problems with receivers being to close to the battery connection causing issues. I just don't see much room elsewhere for a receiver. Would love to see some pics of your setup folks.
                          ​​​​
                          Re-positioned the MCBe. Rx just fits next to it.
                          Satellite Rx on the aft wall of the bomb bay.

                          Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4065.jpg
Views:	523
Size:	82.0 KB
ID:	389050

                          Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4111.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	0
ID:	389051

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Fast N Light View Post
                            I have completed the pre-flight fit-up and assembly for the scale rims with Robart tires. Several design changes have been incorporated into the rims as a result of the fit-up. Updated .STL files and guidance are posted on Thingiverse

                            My thanks to JD and others who helped me develop these

                            Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4097.jpg
Views:	637
Size:	170.2 KB
ID:	389008 Click image for larger version

Name:	B-25 Front.jpg
Views:	604
Size:	230.2 KB
ID:	389009 Click image for larger version

Name:	B-25 Main.jpg
Views:	600
Size:	222.1 KB
ID:	389010
                            Finally had a chance to fly with a set of Freewing Tires mounted on the 3D Printed Mains. Many takeoffs, landings, and a number of touch in goes on a grass runway. Everything holding up well. I printed with Bambu Labs ASA filiment.

                            The Wheels look awesome on the aircraft.
                            Attached Files

                            Comment


                            • Hi guys,
                              Nice to see other modifiers getting into this bird. I Have many mods planned and it seems, like myself, the first was to get the rims and tires changed out. I was looking around to see what's used on other model that might get me there and came across the rims used on the fms f7f tigercat. So I got a set and had to turn down the axel to fit through the bearings in the rims (which I love). Also, I like the see through front wheel rim. Some have a flat plate cover and some add a star on it but I'm going to stay with the open look.

                              The tires are a little narrower than what I'd like but could modify the Robart tires to fit these rims ..........maybe later.
                              I came across the stl files after the fact but I don't do 3D printing.
                              Also, I've a adjusted the spring tension on the mains and the nose wheel so their actually functioning as shock absorbing struts. I've yet to get an upgrade that was appropriate to the weight of the plane.
                              Haven't maiden her yet but soon depending on the weather.
                              Attached Files

                              Comment


                              • Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2895.jpg
Views:	514
Size:	119.3 KB
ID:	389130 I’m just getting time to get serious with mine. I was going to super detail it with turret gunners and lots of grime and grit. But I think I’m going to hold off and just enjoy flying this awesome plane.

                                I’ll detail it later
                                Attached Files

                                Comment


                                • These were in the pack of parts. What are they for?

                                  ​​
                                  Attached Files

                                  Comment


                                  • They go on the carbon fiber tube ends.

                                    Comment


                                    • Took mine out for premaiden setup and testing. Very pretty airplane.

                                      the range test showed significant difference in signal when the plane was nose on. I’m going to have to play around with my antenna and remote placement and retest before I maiden it.

                                      the biggest issue, though, was it was quite tail heavy. I had a Spektrum 6s 5000 50c battery all the way forward. No idea why my model is heavy as I didn’t make any modifications.

                                      My current thought is to model a figure for the nose area and hide some weight inside.

                                      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2914.jpg
Views:	1350
Size:	218.0 KB
ID:	389322 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2915.jpg
Views:	458
Size:	189.1 KB
ID:	389323 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2916.jpg
Views:	451
Size:	172.2 KB
ID:	389324 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2917.jpg
Views:	462
Size:	193.7 KB
ID:	389325

                                      Comment


                                      • Originally posted by zorkahn View Post
                                        These were in the pack of parts. What are they for?

                                        ​​
                                        Specifically they go on the end of rods for the tail section. They help guide the rods into the holes if you plan on removing the tail section for transportation.

                                        Comment


                                        • Originally posted by Enzo_K View Post

                                          Sorry to hear about this. Keep talking to them. Attach more photos. I decided to keep the plane and received compensation. You can either do that or return it and get a refund.
                                          The "foam planes can be expected to have gatored finishes​" part is definitely BS. Small areas of imperfection might be acceptable. But the whole top of the wing, the fuselage is not a small imperfection. And it is definitely not caused by the manufacturing process.

                                          Regarding the CS team from MRC? I can't say all of them. But 2 of their CS representatives have been straight out lying to me before, not once, but multiple times.
                                          The one and only time I had any gatoring out of the box was due to exposure to heat during transportation. Not a whole lot Motion can do to control where the container is located or how it is stored. This container also spent a lot of time sitting in the yard probably under full sun waiting for customs to do its thing. So not surprising there was some minor gatoring.

                                          Comment

                                          Working...
                                          X