Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm sure it has been covered here somewhere in the many previous pages ... just want to check to see if the CG location as noted in the instructions (and the mark on the bottom of the wings) is good ?

Thanks.

Comment

• No issues with mine. Admiral 6s5000 as far forward as it will go.

Comment

• Same here. CG is good as marked. Depends on battery size and weight of course. I measure mine gear down right side up (since it is a mid-wing).

Comment

• Originally posted by Fast N Light View Post
          3D printed gunship nose in work
          Nice work Fast N Light, love the 8-gun noses! Look forward to seeing your progress on this mod. Really like the 498th & 499th Bomber Squadrons paint schemes as well as reading about their activities in the SW Pacific.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cubcrafter60 View Post

Nice work Fast N Light, love the 8-gun noses! Look forward to seeing your progress on this mod. Really like the 498th & 499th Bomber Squadrons paint schemes as well as reading about their activities in the SW Pacific.
            I love those schemes!
            Click image for larger version

Name:	P1020715.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	82.2 KB
ID:	402394 Click image for larger version

Name:	P1020706.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	98.1 KB
ID:	402395

Comment

• That's what I'm talking about! 😎 Is that the older FMS B-25? If so very nice job on the conversion! I was thinking about carving a one off nose from balsa or foam but after reading through the thread and seeing a lot folks saying that they're having to move their battery as far forward as possible, I was thinking a 3D printed or fiberglass nose might help (not trying to add 'dead' weight). I was excited to learn of Fast N Light's efforts as today a 3D printed nose would be more practical but I'm more familiar with the fiberglass route. I've been gathering all the info I can find on the 8-gun noses. I sure wouldn't have wanted to be on the PO'd end of 14 - (with the top turret swung forward) .50 cal. machine guns pointed my way!

Comment

That's what I'm talking about! 😎 Is that the older FMS B-25? If so very nice job on the conversion! I was thinking about carving a one off nose from balsa or foam but after reading through the thread and seeing a lot folks saying that they're having to move their battery as far forward as possible, I was thinking a 3D printed or fiberglass nose might help (not trying to add 'dead' weight). I was excited to learn of Fast N Light's efforts as today a 3D printed nose would be more practical but I'm more familiar with the fiberglass route. I've been gathering all the info I can find on the 8-gun noses. I sure wouldn't have wanted to be on the PO'd end of 14 - (with the top turret swung forward) .50 cal. machine guns pointed my way!
                Yessir! This is the FMS B-25. It still has the masking on the cockpit windows in this pic. I vacuum formed the "J" solid nose and formed them out of abs. I also vac-formed the short "H" nose. I did the 498th scheme as well as the PBJ marine version solid nose. It was my first attempt to vac-form anything. I was pretty happy with the result.

Bob

Comment

• Very nice work Bob! My first choice would be a 498th aircraft but that falcon looks a little intimidating (painting wise), the 499th ship would be a very close second, and easiest of all (but still kind of interesting) would be the 501st ship.

Robin

Name:	North American B-25J-11 Mitchell 014.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	98.0 KB
ID:	402444

Attached Files

Comment

Very nice work Bob! My first choice would be a 498th aircraft but that falcon looks a little intimidating (painting wise), the 499th ship would be a very close second, and easiest of all (but still kind of interesting) would be the 501st ship.

Robin

Name:	North American B-25J-11 Mitchell 014.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	98.0 KB
ID:	402444

The painting was actually ptryy easy.

The yellow and green are the paints. The other - the eye, mouth and diagonal jagged line ant tail are decals from Callie-graphics.On a scale of difficulty 1-10, this scheme ia about a 3.
                    Mask off windows, spray the green uppers and grey lower sides, and apply decals.

Comment

• 8-gun and cannon nose conversion of a Wing Mfg kit.

Comment

• Charlee. Nicely done and Welcome to Hobby Squawk. Best, LB
                        I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                        ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Working...
                        X