X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OV10 View Post
    Damn...........It has come to my attention from a reputable source that HSD has discontinued production of this bird after only a year and a half run, what a bummer because it actually is a pretty decent bird as aesthetics and performance goes. It had it's anomaly with the retract strut pin that I posted an easy mod fix for but other than that am totally confused as to the stop production. No parts avail anymore which shoots my mod idea for the new FMS 1500 P-47 right in the butt for using the Skyraider's 16" prop with the FMS 5060-360kV motor to achieve the proper scale proportions and performance from that new FMS release.
    Maybe another opportunity for FlightLine, get those molds on the cheap and make some minor upgrades to keep an iconic Nam prop beast in the air.
    Just curious OV10, what was the mod to the HSD A-1 retract you spoke of? Where would I find your post?

Thanks

Comment

Here ya go Sky Wolf
      RC Groups - the most active Radio Control model community: electric and fuel rc airplanes,rc helis,rc boats and rc cars. Features discussion forums, blogs, videos and classifieds.
      Warbird Charlie
      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

I have one of these. What was the fix for the retract pin?

Comment

Originally posted by Pheonix View Post
          I have one of these. What was the fix for the retract pin?
          :Thinking: Same as post 42

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...&postcount=365
          Warbird Charlie
          HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Thanks OV! I'll give that a whirl. I have the V1 but just recently damaged the left original retract when it wouldn't deploy (of course!) and had to make a landing with it stuck part way down.

You would figure that this well known problem with the first plane would've been fixed by the Version 2.

Has anyone retro-fitted the new retracts into the V1 yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Sky Wolf View Post

Thanks OV! I'll give that a whirl. I have the V1 but just recently damaged the left original retract when it wouldn't deploy (of course!) and had to make a landing with it stuck part way down.
              You would figure that this well known problem with the first plane would've been fixed by the Version 2.
              Has anyone retro-fitted the new retracts into the V1 yet?
              Not aware of any attempts to do so but maybe that is because of the lack of traceability/continuity of topics about this airframe on the various forums.
              What I'm referring to is the dialog of version 1 and version 2 whereas there was no such thing.
              What folks are calling the v1 was actually done by Starmax and what is called v2 was done by HSD which where different companies.
              My suspicion is that HSD acquired the Starmax molds and continued the 1600 A-1 legacy with some minor upgrades to hardware like the oleo's as well as a one piece prop.
              As I said earlier in this thread that I'm really amazed that after only a year and half run that HSD discontinued it.
              The only really persistent problem with this bird was that rotation pin failure and it was a really something the manufacturer could've very easily fixed.
              Ohh well, I'll just keep flying her until she reaches her expiration date and hoping that FlightLineRC revives this iconic Nam CAS platform with the easy fixes in place.(and better canopy proportions ;))
              Warbird Charlie

Comment

Not aware of any attempts to do so but maybe that is because of the lack of traceability/continuity of topics about this airframe on the various forums.
                What I'm referring to is the dialog of version 1 and version 2 whereas there was no such thing.
                What folks are calling the v1 was actually done by Starmax and what is called v2 was done by HSD which where different companies.
                My suspicion is that HSD acquired the Starmax molds and continued the 1600 A-1 legacy with some minor upgrades to hardware like the oleo's as well as a one piece prop.
                As I said earlier in this thread that I'm really amazed that after only a year and half run that HSD discontinued it.
                The only really persistent problem with this bird was that rotation pin failure and it was a really something the manufacturer could've very easily fixed.
                Ohh well, I'll just keep flying her until she reaches her expiration date and hoping that FlightLineRC revives this iconic Nam CAS platform with the easy fixes in place.(and better canopy proportions ;))
                Thanks OV! And you're correct...HSD did buy the plans and molds from Starmax. It is almost nearly the same plane, with a few changes as you noted. They "upgraded" the gear, and changed the power configurations.

Luckily, I haven't ever crashed my camo version 1, but I'd really like to find a fix for the gear. I may just go ahead and purchase the gear and do whatever necessary mods there are to make it fit.

If I do, will post the process and outcome.

Thanks again for your feedback!

Comment

Glad I could give ya some help and insight
                  Warbird Charlie

Comment

The HSD A1 Skyraider has the best looking prop on the market, I wish others would go to the solid one piece as well.
                    TiredIron Aviation
                    Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Originally posted by TSHobbies View Post
                      got more time with this one today..got 3 flights in... the last one though,one of the mains wouldnt rotate. had to land it in a grass field ..no damage though,other than a couple rockets came off...the darn pin that makes the gear rotate came out. Mrs took these with her new Niko 3300 she got for mothers day
                      Did you have more issues with the mains? Mine I have tried to replaced and found out they don't make replacements any more... really bummed out right now.
                      Just let me fly so I may be free

Comment

yes, one of the mains finally broke right where the pin goes through..I have yet to find new replacements...I hear the ones from the FMS 1400 P-40 will work,but I haven't ordered any yet. until then,mines grounded.
                        www.TSHobbies.com
                        Hobby Paint racks and acrylic display stands for collectibles.

Comment

yes, one of the mains finally broke right where the pin goes through..I have yet to find new replacements...I hear the ones from the FMS 1400 P-40 will work,but I haven't ordered any yet. until then,mines grounded.
                          Let me know as I am looking for a replacement as well

Comment

I picked up one of these at eWeek that was new but had been robbed of the ESC, right retract (retract only), prop and cowl...I have replaced everything except the right retract.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20171012_231031244_iOS.jpg
Views:	1055
Size:	167.7 KB
ID:	100951
                            TiredIron Aviation

Comment

Very nice TI!

Comment

Strut Length: 105mm Overall Length with Retract: 150mm Mounting Holes: 35mm top to bottom and 25mm side to side.

Measure yours and tell me if it matches or comes close to it..

Comment

Where did you get the cowl from?

Comment

Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post
                                    I picked up one of these at eWeek that was new but had been robbed of the ESC, right retract (retract only), prop and cowl...I have replaced everything except the right retract.
                                    In a pinch that Corsair cowl looks really good on it. :Cool: and the scale police can go buggar. :PLOL
                                    Warbird Charlie

Comment

Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
                                      Where did you get the cowl from?
                                      LX Corsair, $8 :Cool:
                                      TiredIron Aviation

Comment

I have not flown mine yet. However, I purchased the pins for the fix recommended by OV10Bronco on the RC Group forum. I will do the fix before flying.

Comment

Originally posted by Pheonix View Post
                                          I have not flown mine yet. However, I purchased the pins for the fix recommended by OV10Bronco on the RC Group forum. I will do the fix before flying.
                                          Pheonix................
                                          I'm sure you'll find the fix will be simple and relieve worries about that pin falling out.
                                          Thanx for acknowledging my modding contribution but your link doesn't work correctly so here it is for those interested.
                                          RC Groups - the most active Radio Control model community: electric and fuel rc airplanes,rc helis,rc boats and rc cars. Features discussion forums, blogs, videos and classifieds.

Best regards,
                                          Warbird Charlie

Comment

Working...
                                          X