X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fast Eddie View Post

Which plane did the drop tank come from?
    FMS Corsair

Comment

• I like it alot

Comment

• Originally posted by Phatbob View Post

FMS Corsair
        Thanks
        Eddie

Comment

• Looks great Beeg!!!

Grossman56
          Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by Beeg View Post
            I'm going to call it good. This is taking way too much of my time.
            But that is all part of making it not look like everyone else's and with a great scale depiction to boot.......very nice job Beeg !!!
            Warbird Charlie
            HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Thanks guys. Tigercat air tankers have been kind of special for me since I was a little guy. Back in the 70's, they used to fly over my house on the way to the fires in the Cascades. All the other tankers were pretty cool as well with their roaring radials but the Tigercat would make two runs for everyone else's single run. It really moved out.

Comment

• They are fast indeed

Comment

• Maidened my F7F on the weekend, beautiful plane great flyer, two clicks of up trim was all that was needed.
                  I wanted to share the battery arrangement I ran with: 2 x 4500mah 4s 45c. Balanced using Great planes CG Machine perfectly as per the attached photo on the rear battery deck. (transitions to nose heavy when the U/C is lowered)
                  I mounted the rx to the underside of the canopy, however if you had extension leads you could swap out the provided ones, run the longer leads under the rear battery ply (as per nose wheel servo leads) and mount the rx on the unused front battery deck.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Hey Wesnc, welcome to the Forum!!
                    Great to hear the Tigercat is working for you, a great airplane!
                    Keep us posted as to your flights, must be nice to be in the middle of Summer!!

Grossman56
                    Team Gross!

Comment

• Making a new VOR antenna characteristic to most F7F air tankers though some had them on the nose.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wesnc View Post
                        Maidened my F7F on the weekend, beautiful plane great flyer, two clicks of up trim was all that was needed.
                        I wanted to share the battery arrangement I ran with: 2 x 4500mah 4s 45c. Balanced using Great planes CG Machine perfectly as per the attached photo on the rear battery deck. (transitions to nose heavy when the U/C is lowered)
                        I mounted the rx to the underside of the canopy, however if you had extension leads you could swap out the provided ones, run the longer leads under the rear battery ply (as per nose wheel servo leads) and mount the rx on the unused front battery deck.
                        What is your cg setting? I was using the same configuration.
                        Thanks

Comment

• I saw this on RCG...

and it inspired me to do this...

Click image for larger version  Name:	20170117_153219000_iOS.jpg Views:	1 Size:	128.4 KB ID:	58250

Click image for larger version  Name:	20170117_153306000_iOS.jpg Views:	1 Size:	132.6 KB ID:	58249

I used the tanks and mounts from an E-Flite 1200mm Corsair so they'll slide right off.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20170117_152632000_iOS.jpg Views:	1 Size:	136.9 KB ID:	58251

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170117_154457000_iOS.jpg
Views:	434
Size:	78.1 KB
ID:	58255

Click image for larger version  Name:	20170117_202348100_iOS.jpg Views:	1 Size:	59.4 KB ID:	58253

Click image for larger version  Name:	20170117_202330429_iOS.jpg Views:	1 Size:	69.8 KB ID:	58252

TiredIron Aviation
                          Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Nice! I used that same wing strap to mount my bombs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Phatbob View Post
                              Nice! I used that same wing strap to mount my bombs.
                              Those look great!
                              TiredIron Aviation
                              Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• I had a buddy make a drop system with his fms zero that worked great. I was thinking about doing a setup like it to drop the tanks on my p38. Just need a micro servo and some piano wire, and a couple of small wire loops. Simple, and it works every time

Comment

• Thanks for the warm welcome Grossman56. Very hot here currently.
                                  Hi Phatbob, I C/G'd as per the manual @ 73mm.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wesnc View Post
                                    Thanks for the warm welcome Grossman56. Very hot here currently.
                                    Hi Phatbob, I C/G'd as per the manual @ 73mm.
                                    Thank you !!

Comment

• Anytime Phatbob, I kept doubting myself as I hadn't seen it configured that way before....but it balanced & flew beautifully!

Comment

• Thinking about possibly running a single 5000 like I do my p38. Wonder if it would still balance out?

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
                                          Thinking about possibly running a single 5000 like I do my p38. Wonder if it would still balance out?
                                          Probably would balance if it fit. All kinds of room up front. I went to a single 6200 on my P38.

Comment

Working...
                                          X