X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by themudduck View Post
    Sorry I don't mean to jack the thread, but I saw this pic on Facebook yesterday and couldn't stop laughing. This is the one and only "TiredIronGRB" in his lair, up to no good.... so I am wondering, what's in the box! And where are you going to put the Marauder? I don't see a Marauder (although there is an A26) so I'm assuming you're going to HAVE to get one!!

Preordered ;)
    TiredIron Aviation
    Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post

Preordered ;)
      LOL LOL I get to razz you because I have a similar problem/sickness. Although my shop isn't as well organized (or as big) as yours, I have no room left for more planes. Somewhere north of 50 models (and I only have two B17's). I am literally at the point where I have no idea where I'm going to put the next plane (the Marauder). But who cares!!

Image result for he who dies with the most toys wins
      Image result for he who dies with the most toys wins
      Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
        IF the model itself sells well, they'll reinvest in the paint molds for other paint layouts (not just in the popular Flak Bait color layout, but also the later versions with partial OD and partial bare metal exposed areas). Not to mention, good sales would keep the door open for other new releases in this size/pricepoint. If the sales are bad, then, scratch that.
        Alpha, I know this has been asked before, though not sure I ever saw an answer, but why are manufacturers so reluctant to sell undecorated models? I find it hard to believe that it isn't less expensive to just put a coat of light gray on a plane and let the customer decorate it as they see fit. I understand a lot of people don't want to paint their models, they just want to do some basic assembly and fly. I'm good with that, but, there seems to be a fairly large contingent of customers that enjoy painting and lettering their planes. I think the success of the recent Freewing A-10 and Callie Graphics are evidence of that. If Dynam, or any manufacturer would like to increase profit margin, undecorated models seems like an easy way to do that. Just thinking out loud, in a cyber kinda way.

Jim

Comment

• Originally posted by dkalwishky View Post
          I totally understand that and for guys like me that have zero painting skills and who do NOT want silver we're in a holding pattern. :)

Perhaps one of our talented forum members could make a video painting a plane (doesn't have to be the whole thing) so modelers like me could see the process and perhaps we wouldn't be intimidated by it.

I'd be interested in learning the techniques used and idea for equipment.
          Hey DK,
          No need to be in a holding pattern..........just jump in the water and start paddlin.
          I'm sure you've seen pics of my F7F-2D Navy Tiger and the lighter Artic camo scheme A-10(both @ NEFI).
          There was no rocket science in doing these paint schemes.
          Hand brushed acrylics.......you don't need expensive spray guns.
          My brushes are fan/feathered type artist stuff from Wally world so I'm not paying big bucks like at Michaels.
          They also have Apple Barrel brand acrylics in 2oz bottles. Rainbow of colors in flat@50cents, gloss@75 and fluorescent@$1
          That B-26 in OD is a piece of cake..............just jump in;)
          Warbird Charlie
          HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Originally posted by wvrailfan View Post

Alpha, I know this has been asked before, though not sure I ever saw an answer, but why are manufacturers so reluctant to sell undecorated models? I find it hard to believe that it isn't less expensive to just put a coat of light gray on a plane and let the customer decorate it as they see fit. I understand a lot of people don't want to paint their models, they just want to do some basic assembly and fly. I'm good with that, but, there seems to be a fairly large contingent of customers that enjoy painting and lettering their planes. I think the success of the recent Freewing A-10 and Callie Graphics are evidence of that. If Dynam, or any manufacturer would like to increase profit margin, undecorated models seems like an easy way to do that. Just thinking out loud, in a cyber kinda way.

Jim
            I agree with that way of thinking........have thought that for as long as I've been a Squawker
            Warbird Charlie
            HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Great video Ryan and Mike! Ryan, skipping it off the runway with the gear up? Are there any other parts you suggest reinforcing with steel and CA glue?LOL
              The over-all silver is as close to a blank canvas as you can get!

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post

Hey DK,
                No need to be in a holding pattern..........just jump in the water and start paddlin.
                I'm sure you've seen pics of my F7F-2D Navy Tiger and the lighter Artic camo scheme A-10(both @ NEFI).
                There was no rocket science in doing these paint schemes.
                Hand brushed acrylics.......you don't need expensive spray guns.
                My brushes are fan/feathered type artist stuff from Wally world so I'm not paying big bucks like at Michaels.
                They also have Apple Barrel brand acrylics in 2oz bottles. Rainbow of colors in flat@50cents, gloss@75 and fluorescent@$1
                That B-26 in OD is a piece of cake..............just jump in;)
                Agreed! I pre-ordered two B-26s. I will paint the first one in OD Green with grey undersides. It isn't difficult at all. I have already contacted Callie for decals.

Bob

Comment

• Nice nose art! :)

Click image for larger version

Name:	Flak-Bait.jpg
Views:	409
Size:	153.6 KB
ID:	86928
                  My YouTube RC videos:
                  https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by borntoolate View Post

Agreed! I pre-ordered two B-26s. I will paint the first one in OD Green with grey undersides. It isn't difficult at all. I have already contacted Callie for decals.

Bob
                    Thank you Bob :) as long as you're around I'm not the worst warbird addict ;)
                    TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post

Thank you Bob :) as long as you're around I'm not the worst warbird addict ;)
                      Ha ha ha! You are funny!

Bob

Comment

• Experiment brush and wipe. The salt chipping tests have been even better.Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	364
Size:	75.8 KB
ID:	86943

Comment

• Hey Charlie recognize the carnage? Flak Bait here I come! Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	2 Size:	57.9 KB ID:	86947
                          Attached Files

Comment

• LMFAO LOL The Razor only required a new prop and a little white Gorilla glue around the motor mount plate that got opened up from the resulting prop blade loss imbalance.
                            It's still king of the Razor power mods ;):P
                            Had it going unlimited vertical 2 days ago.:)
                            Warbird Charlie

Comment

• Originally posted by Ryan@Motion/ryramZ View Post
                              Experiment brush and wipe. The salt chipping tests have been even better.Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	364
Size:	75.8 KB
ID:	86943

Oh the huge manatee:Scared:
                              TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• Pilot Ryan, what kind of paint are you using to "brush and wipe"? (Just include the bottle in your next pic!). it looks great so far.
                                Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• :Ligthbulb: Instead of Pilot Ryan, should we call him "Skipper" Ryan now ? ;):Devil:

Comment

• Skipper, That's funny.

so scale wise we are 1/14.5 ish right? 71 feet converted to inches divided by 59" model wingspan?

Comment

Skipper, That's funny.

so scale wise we are 1/14.5 ish right? 71 feet converted to inches divided by 59" model wingspan?
                                      Yepper
                                      Warbird Charlie

Comment

Skipper, That's funny.

Hey Skippy, since the designers/manufacturers of these warbirds tend to increase the wingspan/area for flyability, wouldn't it make more sense to use the fuse length when determining its scale? 58' converted to inches divided by 44.3 = 1/15.5 ish

Comment

• No offense Pilot Ryan, just couldn't resist:devious. Thanks for not calling me Crash and Burn back. I have nothing but the most sincere respect for your skills, advice and abilities. You are TRULY an AMAZING resource to all of us, and top five in my personal most trusted advice I get in the hobby - and you do it in front of a camera - amazing sir. Thanks again for all you do. An integral part of the MRC difference :Win:.

Comment

Working...
                                          X