Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chose the OV-10 Bronco to compete in the 2020 Wes Blair Texas Scale Masters Championship, winds were a bit choppy and I made a rookie mistake on a take off allowing the wind to push me off straight line center runway on take off.....cost me 1st place in my category. The aircraft presents very well in flight and is a formidable and unique profile in the air.....I would have rather practiced with it more as only on Friday evening flew it in my low maneuver routine.....best to fly an aircraft you are very familiar with

TwistedGrin
    Attached Files

Comment

• I must say that your "string of good luck" has increased in length. Way to go and congrats on placing with the plane as you did. You are correct in with competing with a new plane but it will progress better with time. Keep that string growing and change from luck to experience.

Comment

• Took my OV out today. About 2 minutes into the flight, my canopy/hatch blew off and went through the prop, shreding it. I ended up crash landing in the desert, breaking one of the main gear retract units. Anyone have a Xwave RM400-90 Electronic Retract for sale?? Motion RC is out of stock...

Old Dawg

Comment

• What has the all up weight been running, for most planes?

Comment

• Originally posted by walkerm45 View Post
            What has the all up weight been running, for most planes?
            Mine is 9kg, seems like a lot, but it performs great...

Comment

• Didier,

What are you using for power, Motor, Esc, and Battery, if you don't mind sharing info? Mine is 20 lbs, with Rimfire 60's, 100 amp esc with caps, from the Freewing A-10, and 2 HRB 6000 mah at 50c... I have not flown mine as of this date, a little gun shy......... Bronco Mike

Comment

• Hi Mike,

I used the motor from the flightline 1600mm spitfire, same ESC's you have from a FW A 10, ramoser varioprop prop's, 2 SLS 6s 5000mah lipo's... I also have electron retracts with JP modified oleo's, so the extra weight just might be a combination of it all ... still fly's great !!

Didier

Comment

• Just ordered my OV-10 1.8m on Friday and I just got a text saying it was being delivered today. WooHoo!! and I'm 1,000 miles away working. My wife is used to carrying large boxes out to the hanger.
                  In the Hanger
                  Too many to count

Comment

• Didier,

Good choice of reasonably priced motors, that can take a lot of different props, and still perform within it's constraints. I use the same motor on a number of planes, including Phoenix models 57" Mustang, and up to the 4 blade prop used on the Spit... Good combination...... Bronco Mike

Comment

• Just bought a Nexa OV-10 Bronco from Motion RC. So what, if anything, is the difference between the Nexa Bronco and the Profly Bronco? At this point I can't
                      really see any difference.

Comment

• Ones a foam ARF ( pro fly ) and one is a wood ARF much larger scale not even in the same class. One is ready to fly with all parts just assemble and the Nexa is an more complex model with after market power, servos, retracts, esc and other parts needed to complete

Comment

• Originally posted by Joehockey View Post
                          Ones a foam ARF ( pro fly ) and one is a wood ARF much larger scale not even in the same class. One is ready to fly with all parts just assemble and the Nexa is an more complex model with after market power, servos, retracts, esc and other parts needed to complete
                          The foam one is Flightline. When the balsa and ply one was first released it was under the name Pro-Fly now it's under the the name Nexa. I don't believe there's a difference between the two ( short of the name).
                          Mike
                          \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• Ya so much rebranding it’s humorous and so old school !
                            The only thing that seems certain is the major cost increases.
                            I know this forum is dedicated to many of the motion Rc products and they are very good at marketing and customer service , however it certainly comes with a price tag.
                            I expect higher cost with the current and future devaluation of our pay for everything Govt strategy as the US dollar declines in value.

Comment

Ya so much rebranding it’s humorous and so old school !
                              The only thing that seems certain is the major cost increases.
                              I know this forum is dedicated to many of the motion Rc products and they are very good at marketing and customer service , however it certainly comes with a price tag.
                              I expect higher cost with the current and future devaluation of our pay for everything Govt strategy as the US dollar declines in value.
                              Balsa cost has tripled due to demand by the wind turbine blade manufactures. That's where the kit price increases came from. It's crazy.

Mike

Comment

• That was the reason 3 to 5 years ago and that is why so much cheap ply was added to so many ARFs
                                windmills have now switched to Carbon Fiber blades.
                                The RC industry was not even a burp on the demand scale for Balsa.

Comment

That was the reason 3 to 5 years ago and that is why so much cheap ply was added to so many ARFs
                                  windmills have now switched to Carbon Fiber blades.
                                  The RC industry was not even a burp on the demand scale for Balsa.
                                  It's still in demand for blades. Every supplier I've spoken with cites the same reason. So if the demand exceeds the supply prices will go up regardless of who's using it and why..........................

Mike.

Comment

• What other motors can I use other than Admiral for this OV-10 1800MM I'm building?

Comment

• The rear wheels on my ov 10 are rubber the landing gear they slightly larger than 75mm so installed my 75mm jp E brake wheels they fit perfectly

Comment

• Originally posted by Dana Rabun View Post
                                        What other motors can I use other than Admiral for this OV-10 1800MM I'm building?
                                        I used Eflight power 46's on 4S.

Mike

Comment

• What three blade prop can you put on this OV10 instead of the two blade prop ?

Comment

Working...
                                          X