Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last I talked with Mike his contact info was.

Michael Hicks bmarkrc@gmail.com

Mike
    \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• This may just work out for gear doors
      The laminated nose door is 1/16 so by applying a 1/16 overlap on some monokote hinges, i can keep the door snug and flush to the side of the nose bay. For the closing and opening, KISS is in force here
      as a torque spring on each door will open them and a U shaped wire catch that will connect to the doors will close them as the gear leg is retracted. This may work equally well on the mains also but lets fly it first.

Comment

• Well i just got to thinking way to hard and came up with this.
        Monokote style hinges, wire torque rod for open. Now thinking on the closure rod that will catch the last bit of travel of the gear to close them.
        Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeT View Post
          I installed the CC Caps after researching it and reaching out to castle for more information.

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_2545.JPG Views:	0 Size:	135.7 KB ID:	233419. .

Mike
          Hello, can you tell me more on how did you find what capacitor you need to use and where you bought them?, please.

Comment

• Castle Creations Picked them up from Horizon Hobby

.https://www.horizonhobby.com/product...k-cse011000202

Mike

Comment

• Thank you very much, i just order them directly from Castle Creations page.

Comment

• Cool. Soldering them on takes a bit of heat but it's not difficult at all.

Mike.

Comment

• Just a FYI on soldering those, if heat is applied to long, ie, a smaller than needed soldering iron, the post will become loose at the boards solder joint. When using 12-10 gauge wire it takes a good amount of heat to make a quick solder job of it.

Comment

• Progress so far... still need to paint the LG, some details and weathering.... almost done...

Click image for larger version

Name:	95929285_232292928195823_542837961603940352_n.jpg
Views:	652
Size:	229.7 KB
ID:	253364

Comment

• ​ I'm kinda curious what AUW's are you guys coming up with your finished Bronco's? While I'm in a holding pattern till I receive my spinners I decided to weigh the components of the plane to get an idea of the final weight. Without props, spinners and cowls I'm at 16.4 lbs. Seems a bit high to me.

Comment

• I'm at 8.8 kg AUW now... hoped for a bit less...

Comment

• I'm in at a bit over 15.5 lbs. all up.

Comment

• I guess this plane can handle a bit of weight, pretty large wing area. Hoping for a final ready to fly weight under 19 lbs. We'll see.

Comment

• If you want a great ESC setup for this OV-10, take a look at the Freewing A-10 80mm setup. Already Wired ready to go for $119.00, 100 amp Optos, with required additional caps, correct wiring, JC5 connectors, 8 amp Ubec. Compare with anything, this wins hands down. Get them at Motionrc

Comment

• walkerm45

I absolutely agree After a midair loss, I repurposed my stock A-10 ESC setup into my 94" ASM A-26 which is using the FL 1600 Spitfire motors.
                                Warbird Charlie
                                HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• I use this setup in my A10, Pro Fly Ov10, and a similar arrangement in my KC135R except for 4 70mm fans. Works, great and very reliable, but I do use a separate pack for my UBEC. I do not mix high and low circuits...

Comment

• Originally posted by walkerm45 View Post
                                    If you want a great ESC setup for this OV-10, take a look at the Freewing A-10 80mm setup. Already Wired ready to go for $119.00, 100 amp Optos, with required additional caps, correct wiring, JC5 connectors, 8 amp Ubec. Compare with anything, this wins hands down. Get them at Motionrc
                                    I used this in my bird. Very convenient. I cut out the ibec and use a separate flight battery as I didn’t think that ibec running 8 servos and the electric retracts would be sufficient. Jerry

Comment

• Well, Its done and works like a champ. No servo, no sequencing, just a simple mechanical actuation which can be used also for the main doors if anyone else feels ambitious. The main doors are not as simple as the bottom of the booms have a curve to it that prevents the same type of Monokote hinge i used on the nose. The doors open by a torsion wire that is shown in the prior photos i posted and shows more details. Enjoy and hope this inspires others to be able to install gear doors if so inclined.
                                      Further details available and other suggestions appreciated.

Youtube link to action, https://youtu.be/a8V-JlfLybY, https://youtu.be/-1h0hpDIAzs

Click image for larger version  Name:	20200511_124446 1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	33.3 KB ID:	254223Click image for larger version  Name:	20200511_124501 1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	48.7 KB ID:	254224

Comment

• Well done!

Comment

• Nice work Sam 51401. Quite innovative.

Comment

Working...
                                          X