X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi all,

Finally a short video of my Bronco landing during evening operations...

grtz,

Didier

Comment

• Since the FlightLine "baby" OV-10 came out, it seems like the Nexa version has died on the vine! Bummer...

Old Dawg

Comment

• indeed..... what shame, it's such a nice flying aircraft... com' on guys !

Comment

• It just shows where the hobby is at now. People want "right now" and really don't want to do any work ( or the added expense) of this type of model. Their happy to own a fly what everyone else has.

Mike
          \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	2B294F62-BE3F-49E8-BE95-259D36C9340A.png
Views:	929
Size:	1.55 MB
ID:	264487 Not everyone...

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
              Click image for larger version

Name:	2B294F62-BE3F-49E8-BE95-259D36C9340A.png
Views:	929
Size:	1.55 MB
ID:	264487 Not everyone...
              OK 99%. I also own both.

Mike

Comment

• I’ll be right there with you mike as mine are closer to maiden, both Broncos . Nexus is VMO 2 pre DS and the FL is 91’ DS VMO 2.

Comment

• 91 in two tone tan?

BTW both in my pic are FL birds.

Comment

• Yep! DS camo with disco ball.
                    I noticed that when i went back and looked that they are FL. Two diff power systems so you must favor one over the other....?

Comment

• The camo one is my friend Vic's. Mine is the blue grey. Mine has a totally different power system that's pulling 2 1/2 times the watts as stock plus being more efficient. Pulled the stock wiring out and ran servos to a 12ch receiver so I have crow, throttle differential, etc... We both have pan and tilt FPV. His is much more scale with a lot of small extra 3dp bits. We had different visions...

Comment

• Well....i am still working on my Bronco if that will maybe help getting things going again

Comment

• Found the thread on RCGroups. Headed over there for advice.

Comment

• Is the construction manual for this model available somewhere online? I can't find it.

Just ordered the model and the retracts from MotionRC. Just want to have a guide as I collect the other components I will need.

TIA.

Comment

• Originally posted by dgfinch View Post
                              Is the construction manual for this model available somewhere online? I can't find it.

Just ordered the model and the retracts from MotionRC. Just want to have a guide as I collect the other components I will need.

TIA.
                              Under the support tab, https://www.motionrc.com/products/ne...rf#support-tab

Mike

Comment

• Finally able to get back to work on my Cal Fire repaint. Along the way, I was finally able to get a proper Cal Fire crew printed and painted. The figures are a mash up of several models on Thingiverse and CGTrader. Getting them right took a lot of fussing around.

The badges/patches are images I found online and printed on white decal paper and cut out on my cricut vinyl cutter. A little advice - if you use a cricut to print and cut decals, cover the reference lines on the print out with matte scotch tape. The sensor doesn't care for glossy paper.

I'm pretty happy at the way it turned out.

Comment

• I flew my OV-10 this past weekend. Everybody liked it as usual and it flew great. The funny thing is after I landed and went to disconnect the lipos, I realized I had just did that whole fight on one battery. I have a parallel system where both batteries feed both ECSs so there is no difference in in voltage to each motor. I had forgotten to put the two battery to one adapter on. I fly with with two 5000mah lipos that feed two E-Flite 32s with 3 bladed props. My timer is set for 4 1/2 minutes and I landed as the timer was going off. After checking the battery it still had 10% in it. Thank goodness I didn't have to go around a few times. I have to learn to leave the adapter in the plane so both batteries get hooked up.
                                  A side note- I met a flyer who actually flew the Bronco in Viet Nam. He has his done up in Air Force gray along with his tail numbers. He said he loved flying it.

Comment

• Got in two flights before powerful rain storms smacked the field today.....this was my fourth flight on the bird...but the first with Counter Rotating Props. Much better flier with counter rotating props. I did not think it would matter much but it does. Before changing the bird was prone to fishtailing in the turns and would turn easily one way but not near as responsive in the other direction. Today it was a dream to fly with Counter rotating props....figure eights, aileron rolls right and left with the same effort of control. Much better experience.

TwistedGrin

Comment

• I am very happy to report the Cessna 336 02 Skymaster's gremlins have been evicted from this aircraft...thanks to Ed Couch and Royce Lummens for helping me set up some Aileron reflex in addition to the stabilizer I deployed. I was very anxious at flying this bird's previous flights take off's were nothing short of an averted disaster. With the two changes the aircraft takes off very smooth and predictable now on half flap and the flight performance is now very predictable and much smoother. The Bronco suffered a skipped tooth on the right rudder servo arm which really spooked me during that fight....field repairs made and re-tuning the rig were completed in subsequent flights....tamed that bird down as well thanks to Eric Bowman who stood by me to help trim as needed on both the shake down flights. Six flights and the Bronco and Four flights on the Skymaster 02.......ready for many more flights on these birds.

TwistedGrin Click image for larger version

Name:	09-06-2020.jpg
Views:	579
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	273064

Comment

• Good to hear on your success. Now have you figured out to to fly both birds at the same time for some coordinated FAC action? If anyone has the F4 and A4 and maybe the new F100, that would be some awesome video for sure.

Comment

• Gonna have to start working on that coordinated FAC action.....but I think maybe perhaps executed by a pilot with true skills instead of one with a short string of good luck - LOL

TwistedGrin

Comment

Working...
                                          X