• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Container just arrived!
    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Bearcats, MiGs, Starfighters, oh my! (And Ta-152s!)

Huge shipping effort today. For those on the Restock Notification lists for these aircraft, here's a hint: Stay close to your computers over the next few hours. We don't have many extras.

I've recently returned from Asia and want to personally thank all of you in this Bearcat thread who were patient as we ensured these aircraft met our standards and your standards. At the end of the day, it is your satisfaction we strive to achieve, no limits, no excuses.

Comment

• Got my shipping notice on the Bearcat and I've ordered the Ta 152H! :)

Comment

• Just let me bask in the moment......................
          And I'm back!
          So cool to see this airplane finally out of the chute and on its way. I remember way back when I first suggested this plane, considering that this was the 70th Anniversary of the Blue Angels, what better of a way to salute them and from a veteran owned company no less. So glad the guys followed up on it and here we have it coming as we speak.
          To all the members of the Blue Angels, past and present, we, and I think I can speak for the whole group here, thank you for the tremendous effort over the years to put on such memorable flight demonstrations!!
          One of my all time favorite airshow memories, thanks again guys and gals!!

Grossman56
          Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
            I remember way back when I first suggested this plane, considering that this was the 70th Anniversary of the Blue Angels, what better of a way to salute them and from a veteran owned company no less.
            Oh cool, thank you for suggesting the plane! I am stoked to get it in the air this weekend!

Comment

• Bearcat is on the way, and I snuck in an order for the Ta-152 as well. ;)
              Pat

Comment

• Definitely the 152. Got the notification today. Hope I can get the money transferred to my hobby card in the morning before they sell out again.
                Dewey l

Comment

• Got my Bearcat notice today and quickly ordered the TA. I am all set now with 3-new planes coming soon. The Razorback is the other one ordered.

Comment

• Bear Cat and Ta on the way. I am a happy man now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pheonix View Post
                      Got my Bearcat notice today and quickly ordered the TA. I am all set now with 3-new planes coming soon. The Razorback is the other one ordered.
                      Your getting to be a real warbird hoarding monger like some other folks on this forum;)
                      The Razor and Bear are on my soon to have also but what really has my attention is the announced next FMS 1500 release of the Bronco
                      Warbird Charlie
                      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post
                        but what really has my attention is the announced next FMS 1500 release of the Bronco
                        Is that actually happening or wishful thinking?

Comment

• Originally posted by dkalwishky View Post

Is that actually happening or wishful thinking?
                          It is actual if you can believe the source, see this post for the full details.
                          Warbird Charlie
                          HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• The "source" post this a few days ago.

"I have been asked to close the thread while the design team looks into the the legal side of manufacturing.

I will reopen as soon as I have the final answers.

Jim"

As I said in the other thread I'd buy one if it came out but the "source" causes me concern.

Comment

• I know about the "source" concern too, that is why I had made note over on the other thread that I hoped that Mark or Tom could confirm.
                              Warbird Charlie

Comment

• Still, it would be an awesome plane to see hit the shelves, 1500 mm no less it would be great!
                                On the other subject, I'm wondering what it would be like to get two birds at the same time, let alone three!!!

Grossman56
                                Team Gross!

Comment

• this is why I never use UPS when FEDEX is available.....tracking shows my package is 32 miles south of origen in hodgkins IL for last 35 hours or so and will not move till sunday....FEDEX would be delivering it today I really don't think 32 miles in two days is real progress :{
                                  Hodgkins, IL, United States 10/27/2016 12:53 A.M. Arrival Scan
                                  Palatine, IL, United States 10/27/2016 12:11 A.M. Departure Scan
                                  Palatine, IL, United States 10/26/2016 5:52 P.M. Origin Scan
                                  United States 10/26/2016 4:05 P.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS
                                  well it actually moved from iL just 38 hrs after it got there but now 2 days later no one seems to know where it is lol... I am sure it will be delivered Monday as promaced but the inefinency of there tracking and the fact that they don't work weekends sucks guys much farther away then me have them already lol

Comment

• I got my Bearcat assembled today and ready to fly however I have two problems. The righ retract failed after a couple of cycles, I've sent an e-mail to Motion to get it replaced. The second issue was with the CG, the manual says 85mm however with an Admiral 3600maH shoved all the way forward the plane is still tail heavy.

For you guys flying the preproduction model, what did you use for a CG?

Comment

• Hmm, I'll have to see if Ryan will chime in on this, stand by....

Grossman56

P.S mines due here tomorrow,
                                      Team Gross!

Comment

• Hi dkalwishky, from which point are you measuring your CG? I flew both preproduction and final production models with an Admiral 4s 3600 or 4000 pushed all the way forward for perfect balance during flight. I fly Admiral 3000s many times as well, just pushed all the way forward. The sensitivity creeps up a bit but in inverted flight and in power off inverted dives the model still didn't exhibit a tail heavy behavior.

Please expect a response from our CS Team when they return from the weekend tomorrow. They'll get you sorted out.

Thanks for the continued opportunity to earn your business!

Comment

• Yeah its interesting because I reviewed Ryan's flight video and he says that he had his 3800 all the way forward as well.
                                          Grossman56
                                          Team Gross!

Comment

Working...
                                          X